Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what do I do?
You can't let this opportunity pass you by, if she wont come along for the ride you have to leave 82 85.42%
stay there, and try to work things out with her 4 4.17%
open up three tables of omaha and call me in the morning, because i dont know what you should do Tex 10 10.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

Should I say something then. Hes the commissioner. He just approves them, and never lets us argue? A couple of weeks ago he tried to do an underhand move in which I dropped Reuben Droughns before his easy game against the Jets and we have a 2 day waiver wire. Well, he says he has Reuben as he's at my house during the game. I'm like wtf, how'd you do that. So he's willing to pull ghetto crap, although he's usually better than that.

I think we need co-commissioners because right now we don't have a check on him.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

[ QUOTE ]
Should I say something then. Hes the commissioner. He just approves them, and never lets us argue? A couple of weeks ago he tried to do an underhand move in which I dropped Reuben Droughns before his easy game against the Jets and we have a 2 day waiver wire. Well, he says he has Reuben as he's at my house during the game. I'm like wtf, how'd you do that. So he's willing to pull ghetto crap, although he's usually better than that.

I think we need co-commissioners because right now we don't have a check on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you suspect collusion, you should of course speak up.

If you don't, and you're not philosophically opposed to vetoing trades that aren't collusive (that's a whole debate we don't need to get into here, then I think it's close. Eli and Grossman are both unpredictable, and Alexander's injruy makes his situation a mystery too. What I might do in your shoes is try to get the other owner to tell you why he decided to make the trade, and go from there.

Also, why did you allow him to remain sole commissoiner, without a checks and balance system, after the stunt he pulled with Droughns?

-McGee
Old 11-09-2006, 05:35 PM

Your right. Eh....it's probally laziness. That was his first sketchy move in 3 years as commissioner.

I know each and everyone of these guys. The commissioner is even one of my best friends.

I understand the inherent risk of the trade. But I still think Eli isnt' much better than Grossman, atleast the rest of this season (this isn't a dynasty league) while even hurt, I think SA is much better than Branch. The problem is, we don't know the effectiveness of SA the rest of the year. He could get a lemon or easily lemonade ^^.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand the inherent risk of the trade. But I still think Eli isnt' much better than Grossman, atleast the rest of this season (this isn't a dynasty league) while even hurt, I think SA is much better than Branch. The problem is, we don't know the effectiveness of SA the rest of the year. He could get a lemon or easily lemonade ^^.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But it's going to be hard to tell that to the other owner if Eli blows up and Alexander gets hurt again. In other words, if you subscribe to the theory that trades that can be rejected due to extreme imbalance, that imbalance better be pretty clear.

-McGee
Old 11-09-2006, 07:23 PM

I have a trade offer from a couple of weeks ago still on the table, where I was shopping Travis Henry after his two strong weeks in a row. I was offered Corey Dillon for Travis Henry straight up, but I didn't accept at the time, and the owner never withdrew the offer.

Should I accept this trade now? Standard scoring, 1 pt 10 yds rush/rec, 6 pts TD, -2 FL.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:25 PM

Ya.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:32 PM

Start 2 RB's, 3 WR/TE's. Dynasty league with 2 keepers, max of 1 per position.

I trade Jamal Lewis who is rotting on my bench behind Tiki and LJ for Tony Gonzalez.

My WR's suck being they are Coles (Got him and Tiki for LT a few weeks ago), Furrey, Galloway, Edwards and Reggie Williams.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Coles (Got him and Tiki for LT a few weeks ago)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like you came to this thread a few weeks too late.

[ QUOTE ]
I trade Jamal Lewis who is rotting on my bench behind Tiki and LJ for Tony Gonzalez.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be able to do better. Gonzo's perceived high value in fantasy is only in leagues that require a tight end.

-McGee
Old 11-09-2006, 08:55 PM

Standard 10-team Yahoo League with default scoring

I've been offered Drew Brees for Javon Walker

My other WR's are pretty good - Steve Smith, Mike Furrey, Cotchery, S. Moss has been a disappointment and Kennison.

My QB's however are Favre (meh) and Huard (who might lose his job soon). Is this a no-brainer?

(PS RB's are not a problem - McAllister, Jackson, Juice, M. Bell)
Old 11-09-2006, 09:08 PM

Keep Walker.