Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 05:33 PM

Default Re: OT: I just woke up with a sweet idea!

[ QUOTE ]
curtains,

Indy was "exiled" from OOT and told that if he posted there again his account would be banned from the site. He posted there and was banned. He knew that would happen if he posted there. So, what's the problem, exactly? And he can of course just create a new account and start posting with it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont mods have the power to just ban from a particular forum? Wouldnt it then have been a lot easier to just ban Indy from OOT, instead of playing this silly game with him?
Old 08-21-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

banning Indy from all the forums is kinda stupid, can't they just ban him from OOT only? Seems ridiculous that a mod from one forum should have control over the entire site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Whole idea of it makes no sense at all.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
curtains,

Indy was "exiled" from OOT and told that if he posted there again his account would be banned from the site. He posted there and was banned. He knew that would happen if he posted there. So, what's the problem, exactly? And he can of course just create a new account and start posting with it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont mods have the power to just ban from a particular forum? Wouldnt it then have been a lot easier to just ban Indy from OOT, instead of playing this silly game with him?

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have the software to prevent someone from posting in a particular forum. He was effectively banned from OOT and told that he was prohibited from posting there. He chose to disregard that, so he was banned from all of 2p2.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:37 PM

Guys, do you really not remember going through all this before?

[censored] gave Indy a second chance and he was getting crushed in the voting until I brought it to the attention of STT.

[censored] gave him exile and everything was cool. Indiana brought this on himself. I led the effort to save him last time but he's blown it. He needs to learn how to not be an obnoxious troll in other forums.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:49 PM

curtains,

No, they don't have the ability to ban from specific forums only. He was "banned" from OOT for violating rules (I do not follow that stuff or read those threads, so I have no idea what he did) and told that if he posted there again his account would be banned from the site. He knowingly and purposefully broke that condition and was therefore banned. Seems perfectly straightforward to me.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
curtains,

No, they don't have the ability to ban from specific forums only. He was "banned" from OOT for violating rules (I do not follow that stuff or read those threads, so I have no idea what he did) and told that if he posted there again his account would be banned from the site. He knowingly and purposefully broke that condition and was therefore banned. Seems perfectly straightforward to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh that changes things, I always assumed one could be banned from a specific forum.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:59 PM

Curtains I'm glad you changed your mind because if you and El D disagreed I wouldn't know what to do.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curtains I'm glad you changed your mind because if you and El D disagreed I wouldn't know what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-21-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

banning Indy from all the forums is kinda stupid, can't they just ban him from OOT only? Seems ridiculous that a mod from one forum should have control over the entire site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Whole idea of it makes no sense at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me the point is: if you come and [censored] with one forum, we can ban you from all forums, so don't do it.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:53 PM

I guess the thing that boggles my mind is how anyone actually has time for oot anyway. Between wifey and kids and trying to play enough to make a living, I barely keep up here, and do that mainly cause I'm sure it pays for my time long term (and cause I have freinds here)

I really dont understand how any good players have time to post so much in oot. I'm not being condesinding either, I just don't understand.