Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet

[ QUOTE ]

Read the link posted on a previous page. even from the forward tees TPC is harder than the typical USGA rated course. You still have no clue as to what your talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, i'm not sure what link you're referring to, but if it's this one i can promise you that you're the one that has no idea what you're talking about. it's rated 70.6/118 FOR WOMEN. how you equate that to "harder than the typical USGA rated course", i have no idea.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Read the link posted on a previous page. even from the forward tees TPC is harder than the typical USGA rated course. You still have no clue as to what your talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, i'm not sure what link you're referring to, but if it's this one i can promise you that you're the one that has no idea what you're talking about. it's rated 70.6/118 FOR WOMEN. how you equate that to "harder than the typical USGA rated course", i have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Avg. slope rating for a course is 113. TPC is rated at 118 that looks a little more that 113 to me!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Avg. slope rating for a course is 113. TPC is rated at 118 that looks a little more that 113 to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. for a golf pro, it's pretty ridiculous how little you know about golf.

here's some basic info:

wikipedia: golf handicap
Old 01-05-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're pretty dumb. you post something without even reading it. I says 113

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's some basic info:

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read your link before posting? It says 113 is avg.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's some basic info:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i didn't read it, but i understand the system.

it's made up of two parts, the course rating, and the slope. you can't look at the slope alone and determine the difficulty.

a 70.6/118 for WOMEN is probably like 66/110 for men. i don't know if there's a direct conversion. it's not even close to the "average" that the system is based on, which is 72.0/113. even if it was 66/118, it would be way easier.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's some basic info:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i didn't read it, but i understand the system.

it's made up of two parts, the course rating, and the slope. you can't look at the slope alone and determine the difficulty.

a 70.6/118 for WOMEN is probably like 66/110 for men. i don't know if there's a direct conversion. it's not even close to the "average" that the system is based on, which is 72.0/113. even if it was 66/118, it would be way easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not surprising you didn't read it. 72.0 course rating is what a scratch golfer would expect to shoot. thats not the Avg. course rating. Read your info before you post! Your not a golfer and you think you know what you're talking about but you dont!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How would you choose the course? I mean this wouldn't be possible at Augusta (right?) but could be at Summerlin apparantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

this reminds me - if anyone wants to bet that i can't break par from the forward tees at summerlin since it's impossible for a 10 handicap, let's work something out. i wouldn't bet i can do it on any given round, but give me like 5 chances and give me decent odds and i'm down.

i've never been better than a 7.3 handicap, and my best round ever was 75. i'll need the 30 days of practice mentioned earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was a way to know you were an honest 10 handicap I wouldn't have a problem giving you odds, or 3 chances to break par. 5 is a bit much, I think. Only problem is knowing how accurate the handicap would be.

If it was over summer, maybe spring break(only chances I'd have to make a trip to Vegas), I'd be willing to give you the lady tees and I'd take the back tees, straight up, for some amount(overall score, or skins). This would also give you more time to get your game in shape, but it would also be under the assumption you were a true 10 handicap. I wouldn't want to give up that much yardage to a lower handicap golfer.

Heading to bed now, will check the thread in the morning.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Not surprising you didn't read it. 72.0 course rating is what a scratch golfer would expect to shoot. thats not the Avg. course rating. Read your info before you post! Your not a golfer and you think you know what you're talking about but you dont!

[/ QUOTE ]

that's right. 72.0 is what a scratch golfer would expect to shoot on a good round. a zero handicap. hence "average". notice the word is in quotes - it wasn't to be taken literally. this the "average" that the system is based on.

the slope is just an adjustment that estimates how difficult the course is for a bogey golfer compared to a scratch golfer. 113 would mean a bogey golfer would shoot 90 in an average "good round". >113 would mean he'd shoot > 90.

if you understand the system at all, you'll also understand how absurd the claim is that a course is more difficult than the average course if its slope is 118, regardless of the course rating.

i might not even a golfer, but i know a lot more about the handicap system than someone who claims to be a professional. that's pretty sad.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If there was a way to know you were an honest 10 handicap I wouldn't have a problem giving you odds, or 3 chances to break par. 5 is a bit much, I think. Only problem is knowing how accurate the handicap would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't consider taking the bet at those odds. i said i'd need 5 chances AND good odds.

[ QUOTE ]

If it was over summer, maybe spring break(only chances I'd have to make a trip to Vegas), I'd be willing to give you the lady tees and I'd take the back tees, straight up, for some amount(overall score, or skins). This would also give you more time to get your game in shape, but it would also be under the assumption you were a true 10 handicap. I wouldn't want to give up that much yardage to a lower handicap golfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably wouldn't take that bet either. what's your handicap?
Old 01-05-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's right. 72.0 is what a scratch golfer would expect to shoot on a good round. a zero handicap. hence "average". notice the word is in quotes - it wasn't to be taken literally. this the "average" that the system is based on.

the slope is just an adjustment that estimates how difficult the course is for a bogey golfer compared to a scratch golfer. 113 would mean a bogey golfer would shoot 90 in an average "good round". >113 would mean he'd shoot > 90.

if you understand the system at all, you'll also understand how absurd the claim is that a course is more difficult than the average course if its slope is 118, regardless of the course rating.

i might not even a golfer, but i know a lot more about the handicap system than someone who claims to be a professional. that's pretty sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just dont understand but it is funny listening to you trying to pretend you know what you are talking about!