Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Office 5/17 hour long season finale **starts 8pm est**

[ QUOTE ]
My wife said she thought the actress who plays Karen looked pregnant. Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed a bit of girl stomach pudge action, but struck me as just normal, non pregnant looking.

-Al
Old 05-18-2007, 01:24 PM

Also, to all the people disagreeing with Ryan getting the job, look at it objectively. If Jim's interview tanked, and it's down to Ryan and Karen, who is more qualified? Karen never showed any signs of being an excellent leader or manager, and Ryan has an MBA. Ryan is the best candidate anyway, so it doesn't suspend belief at all.

Plus, that's just being nitty.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that every sitcom has to have a subplot of two people who who are into each other, but just can't manage to get together?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not the subplot. It's the main plot. The people who invented the show said so. I find that the viewers who get this are likely to enjoy the show the most, and vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plot outline from IMDb: "A mockumentary on a group of typical office workers, where the workday consists of ego clashes, inappropriate behavior, and tedium."

If you can go a whole show without getting into Jim and Pam's relationship, it's not the main plot.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:01 PM

A line no one has mentioned yet that I thought was hilarious:

I decided to get a haircut for my interview, so I wouldn't look so... as Karen lovingly puts it... "homeless."

Was Cheers a relationship show? That worked pretty well. Also, there's plenty going on besides Jim/Pam to make the show awesome.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:03 PM

sure.

Cheers had Sam and Diane in the early years.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Great ep, amongst other things, I really liked the ending (both endings), the beginning with Michael showing up a day early, the "dream of co-owning a hotel in hell" convo between Dwight and Jim, "hang low sweet chariots" line, "more attracted to the back of you than the front", "probably get some negative feedback on my ebay profile" and a ton of other stuff.

Also, I took a screencap of Creed's blog:
Old 05-18-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, to all the people disagreeing with Ryan getting the job, look at it objectively. If Jim's interview tanked, and it's down to Ryan and Karen, who is more qualified? Karen never showed any signs of being an excellent leader or manager, and Ryan has an MBA. Ryan is the best candidate anyway, so it doesn't suspend belief at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's nitty to be particularly bothered by it. At the beginning of the season, Scranton was slated to be shutdown and instead absorbed Stamford just because the company lost its intended branch manager. That seemed really implausible to me. After that episode I decided to accept some occasional silliness if it helped drive the plot.

But having said that I still think Ryan getting the job is pretty unlikely. If Wallace was unsatisfied that Karen or any of the other branch managers could handle the job, I would guess he'd hire someone from outside the company before hiring Ryan, who has virtually no experience and hasn't even proven himself competent in the job he currently holds.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great ep, amongst other things, I really liked the ending (both endings), the beginning with Michael showing up a day early, the "dream of co-owning a hotel in hell" convo between Dwight and Jim, "hang low sweet chariots" line, "more attracted to the back of you than the front", "probably get some negative feedback on my ebay profile" and a ton of other stuff.

Also, I took a screencap of Creed's blog:

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed so hard at that line.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But having said that I still think Ryan getting the job is pretty unlikely. If Wallace was unsatisfied that Karen or any of the other branch managers could handle the job, I would guess he'd hire someone from outside the company before hiring Ryan, who has virtually no experience and hasn't even proven himself competent in the job he currently holds.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a TV show, don't read too far into it. He has an MBA. He'd didn't blast through the front through experience, he blasted it b/c he had an advanced degree. The company I work in, if you have a PHD, you will advance farther and faster then a BS or Masters even if you have much less experience.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:41 PM

it could be worse