Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: my shoe collection

I just picked up these lacoste shoes in all white. Really really comfortable.

These are my everyday tennis shoes.

I have these with the blue and 1 that's all white.

I've been looking to improve my shoe collection. I have almost all white and need some good color. I have kinda wide feet. I find skate shoes are comfortable but a little to clunky sometimes and converse have worked out pretty well. Anybody have a clue for a good brand that maybe doesn't run so narrow, that has a fresh new line? Something like those pradas but not $600.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll start, Tron - those are hideous.

To the guy above who doesn't understand how people wear sneakers with jeans, and to the earlier poster who never wore sneakers with shorts - wtf is wrong with you? You are greatly overthinking this and apparently far too concerned with what other people think, even though in reality nobody will have a problem with you wearing sneakers in most situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I failed to realize is most posters here are still in college. I guess wearing sneakers with jeans works if you are around that age. However, for guys that are older wearing sneakers with jeans looks immature. And clothing does make a difference even if you have the attitude of not caring what others think. Try going to buy a Porsche in shorts and a T-shirt and most likely you will not be treated well. However, show up wearing nice clothing and you are far more likely to be treated better.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

To the guy above who doesn't understand how people wear sneakers with jeans, and to the earlier poster who never wore sneakers with shorts - wtf is wrong with you? You are greatly overthinking this and apparently far too concerned with what other people think, even though in reality nobody will have a problem with you wearing sneakers in most situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I failed to realize is most posters here are still in college. I guess wearing sneakers with jeans works if you are around that age. However, for guys that are older wearing sneakers with jeans looks immature. And clothing does make a difference even if you have the attitude of not caring what others think. Try going to buy a Porsche in shorts and a T-shirt and most likely you will not be treated well. However, show up wearing nice clothing and you are far more likely to be treated better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask CTS how he rolled up to purchase his bentley.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:36 PM

MP,

"Try going to buy a Porsche in shorts and a T-shirt and most likely you will not be treated well. However, show up wearing nice clothing and you are far more likely to be treated better."

In NYC and California, at least, the guy in the shorts and T-shirt at the Ferrari dealership is quite likely going to be treated better.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Need some advice left or right
Brown:

[/ QUOTE ]
Def right.
Browns I don't like either, but prefer slip on between those too.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with you somewhat, and have been trying to improve the way I dress in casual situations. But there are a lot of people with money who don't dress like they have a lot of money. The Silicon Valley is full of Internet millionaires who don't want feel like dressing up. The era of salespeople turning away the person wearing jeans ended a while ago.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:19 PM

In casual settings people should dress to feel most comfortable - I'm not talking about Tevas and a t-shirt.

You'll feel more confident in clothes you want to wear. Making a big deal about expectations at certain ages is rididculous. My neighbor has several million in the bank, drives a Buick and dresses similar to his neighbor across the street who probably makes $150k/year.

edit: This means department store clothes - Macy's, Nordstrom's, Bloomingdale's. Docker's and Polo's.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:20 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

tron, those are ill. def get them
Old 06-06-2007, 10:40 PM

Here are some of my shoes:

Old 06-07-2007, 05:00 AM

In this thread, I feel like Ari stuck in a world full of Turtles.
Closed Thread