Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: assani ruining the SE forum

[ QUOTE ]
So his trolling encouraged other people to troll.I see no distinction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a difference between the statements "I should be kept around b/c a decent # of people respond to what I say" and "I should be kept around b/c a decent # of people like what I say." I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
He's lying about what occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying he is lying about having 5 postitive responses?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:56 PM

Stretching the definition of positively to include "other people joining in the trolling", no, he's not lying. But that's not an argument he should be making.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:02 AM

Lighten up Francis.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:04 AM

just stop him from doing that [censored] retarded countdown.

i <3 assani, even though he's wrong a lot, wrong people tend to get shouted down and leave SE altogether. a bunch of nits quoting advanced statistics at each other is no fun.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stretching the definition of positively to include "other people joining in the trolling", no, he's not lying. But that's not an argument he should be making.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming we are talking about the OOT onslaught thread, Id suggest you give it another read.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:44 AM

AF is the greatest attention whore on Earth. His countdown has started 2 threads with people bitching about him.

Though yeah, it does tilt me too.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty certain that everyone that wants AF banned is:

1. A very misearable person, or
2. Insecure, or
3. A holder of very meager intellectual capabilities.

Also, I'm very surprised NT isn't upset by AF.

Lastly, AF is def a huge wackjob, no doubt about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Troll Inc is something in ATF
Old 10-31-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Borodog, I don't doubt the existence of the book, but sadly the jacket cover doesn't assist me in my quest to learn more about practical onslaughting in an impractical world.

I guess knowing the color of the cover will help me when I'm looking in bookstores though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not been able to get my hands on a copy of it, but I would wager a guess that a copy found in bookstores is likely to have a far more attractive cover. Boro's copy looks like it was printed for an academic setting.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:36 AM

back now...will have some answers/responses coming shortly

103,052.701 and counting
Old 10-31-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, what do you do to keep up with onslaughting? Is there some kind of community of onslaughters left? Are you the last person in the world carrying on what appears to have been a significant social and theoretical movement in 19th century Europe? I myself am fascinated by such things (I imagine a lot of 2+2ers are as well, hence our participation in this wonderful poker community) and am very interested in learning more about it.

EDIT: Perhaps we can start and "Ask Assani Fisher about onslaughting" thread and he can help educate us on the subject? That is, if he's willing to stoop to the level of us beginners.

[/ QUOTE ]
Theres a ton of info on onslaughts available, and there are still regular onslaught tourneys all over the world. If you PM me your fax number, I'll send you some info.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play Omaha 8 or better at The Orleans and wear one of those man "purses" around the front of your waist?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never been to The Orleans nor have I ever worn a man purse.

[ QUOTE ]
You're ThomasTem aren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, and I have no clue who that is.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? Every copy I've ever seen has had a bright red cover....where did you get this one? Is it real??

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone send him a fax yet?

[/ QUOTE ]
I got 3. All asking the same thing, lol. My response: This Friday.

[ QUOTE ]
oh my dear god. anyone who thinks AF should be banned really needs to shut the [censored] up. this is [censored] hilarious

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AF rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow I sure am polarizing.

[ QUOTE ]
So his trolling encouraged other people to troll.I see no distinction. There was no positive, non-trolling discussion, because there cannot be positive and meaningful discussion about mental diarrhea.

He's lying about what occurred. Most people were like "I don't get it", some people played along with fake onslaught discussion once they saw that Assani was getting attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It would be more accurate to say that a troll is someone who does things purely for the purpose of putting people on tilt. You can be entirely interested in having a good conversation 98% of the time and be trolling 2% and be a troll. Your Onslaught threads and your countdown are clearly trolling. You might feel that you're not in the wrong in doing it because the people who are put on tilt by this stuff are being foolish (and they are), but it seems pretty clear that that's your intention. Now, starting one thread is trolling, but it doesn't make you a troll. Trolling with the countdown in every single one of your posts certainly does though.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't true at all.

Now I will admit that onslaught due to their complexity and the difficulty many beginners have at grasping them does indeed cause a lot of confusion. I will also admit that I have not gone out of my way to help beginners either(but seriously, would you really expect Phil Ivey to go into the beginner's poker forum and start answering questions???).

However, over at FBGs I started a few onslaught threads. Reaction was similar to the 2p2 threads at first. However, over time the naysayers got tired of questioning and trolling my threads. Then I helped start an onslaught tourney over there....and 12 of us participated in it every week for months. There were no people asking questions or people arguing with me over their validity. I think this proves that I(and others) really do enjoy onslaughts just for themselves and not the reaction that they get.

Unfortunately, FBGs have purged a ton of old threads over there, and I just searched for them and they no longer exists. However, I guarantee you that it is truth, and if you join FBGs I can provide references who will completely back up this story.

Moreover, if I was allowed to start a new onslaught thread here, you would see that not one person could come in and troll my threads and I'd still be perfectly content to complete a few with my fellow onslaughters.

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. pudge, you don't like me very much, do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've discovered that Pudge will go to great lengths(digging up way old posts that were way buried in threads) to show any minor point in which you've contradicted yourself or been proven wrong. On one hand, I don't mind it because it keeps me accountable and I don't want to hide from any errors I've made. On the other hand, it comes across as a bit hypocritical since I'm sure we've all made minor mistakes in our logic from time to time and its just that nobody else has the time/desire to dig up his old posts.

[ QUOTE ]
p.p.s. and you'll notice that the people that had any clue as to what they were talking about saw that my claims made perfect sense and weren't unreasonable at all; i'm starting to suspect that's the case with AF but i'm not convinced

p.p.p.s. that thread is the reason i don't have discussions about sports on the internet, but still, the thread was awesome

[/ QUOTE ]
I too played college ball, and I'm interested in cliff notes of that discussion if you can.

Oh, and I think you're making a mistake regarding SE. Its a pretty good forum and has a lot of solid posters. I'd welcome you coming there from time to time to chime in. Just learn to separate the good posters from the bad posters(use your own judgment, don't listen to what anyone tells you) and you'll be fine.

[ QUOTE ]
Vyse should definitely be banned.

Assani should not.

Assani makes threads fun(albeit at his own expense).

[/ QUOTE ]
And at one point, I thought Thayer hated me more than anyone else.

[ QUOTE ]
PLEASE DONT BAN EVER ASSANI THAT WASNT MY INTENTION

[/ QUOTE ]
Mebenhoe talked to me on IM and explained the situation a bit to me. He said that basically a few mods wanted to ban me, but the majority was like "wtf, don't ban Assani."....so I think I'm good. I think its just the OOT mods(surprise, surprise).

103,052.7 and counting