Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: **Official Madden 08 Thread**

Been playing a [censored] ton on ps3 the past couple days. I am enjoying it but it's a bit laggy at least on the ps3. Also, online some dbag who I just played used some sort of Pass Interference glitch, like he threw it a mile into the air and there was 6 of my guys around his one receiver barely touching him and it was called P.I.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:11 AM

Strange. On 08 (PS2), I don't have any fumbling problems.

However, my franchise team tends to get interception at a ridiculously fast rate. Most of them are returned for touchdowns.

Also, the players on my team get too good too fast. Every player on my team has an awareness rating of 99 and nearly every player on the team has an overall rating of 90 or better. It's too much and makes franchise mode ridiculously boring.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did exactly the opposite. My selections were Peppers, Bailey, Merriman, and Urlacher. My offense is pretty good: Vince Young, Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Donte Stallworth, Adrian Peterson, and Dwyane Jarrett. I constantly run a 4 WR set and run maybe 30% of the time. Henderson or PEterson are covered by LBs half the time so they're the targets. The first game I played with this setup Peterson had 117 YAC.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2007, 11:42 PM

I picked the game up today for PS2.

I started playing Madden for Sega Genesis in the early 90's and have played almost every year since. I did not buy or play Madden 07. I enjoyed 05, however 06 left me wanting more.

After reading all the hype for 08 I decided to give it another shot. Not playing Madden almost seems un American to me.

After playing the game the entire day, I realize I need help getting used to the new controller layout. Back in the day we used to use X to switch players, not 0.

I played the Skillz drills and liked it as well as the other practice feature the game offers.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back in the day we used to use X to switch players, not 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

In last year's madden you could change the controller layout to be like the old version, I don't know if you can for this year's madden or not but you could check it out.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Back in the day we used to use X to switch players, not 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

In last year's madden you could change the controller layout to be like the old version, I don't know if you can for this year's madden or not but you could check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already did, I have to get used to the new controls. 06 last time they had that feature.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:19 PM

An absurd tidbit of this game:

I simmed a season in franchise mode and Vince Young ran for 2,505 yards and 20 touchdowns and threw for 3,016 yards and 25 touchdowns.

He still didn't make the Pro Bowl.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:41 AM

Haha yea that happens all the time. He probably won the MVP too, that always happens to me. MVP that doesnt make pro bowl.

So what is the verdict, is this game good or what? Is PS2 worth buying? Are there dumb glitches online that people take advantage of? I want a concrete answer to my queries.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:04 PM

QUESTION.

I am playing 08 on a WII.

Playing franchise mode with the Seahawks, but hate their playbook. Any way to change to a different one?

And if so, how, thanks!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha yea that happens all the time. He probably won the MVP too, that always happens to me. MVP that doesnt make pro bowl.[/quotes[

He did.

[ QUOTE ]
So what is the verdict, is this game good or what? Is PS2 worth buying?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's basically the same as 2007. Some minor bells and whistles were added, but no significant changes. You're basically paying $50 for updated rosters and ratings.

They need to make franchise mode harder. I simmed through 8 years and every player on my team is Superman. I got a 99 rating for every starter on my team. It becomes boring.