Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Hand from Borgata WPT

I really don't get why people are saying this hand is obvious. Here's a partial list of people that said they would continue with the hand:

ZJ123
Action Jeff
Clayton
Hotmark777
Shaundeeb
MLG
Todd Terry
Locutus
Requin
Daut44
Gobboboy
NLSoldier

Furthermore, Kuztah, and to a lesser extent Kneeco were the ONLY people to deduce WHY it is unlikely that this is NOT an angleshot.

Guessing and saying, "he's angle shooting you with AA" is exactly that, just a guess.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you gain by mucking face up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Respect. Live players generally play tighter against me once they gain respect for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they think you are a humongous nit and they can start bluffing you more easily...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a laggro calling station when I play live. I assure you this is not the case.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:21 PM

What if after all this time, he really had QJ. It is possible that maybe he didn't want to make you mad by telling you that you laid down the better hand on the river. Just kidding
Old 10-02-2007, 11:23 PM

you admit you want respect so people will fold to you...is that why you are trying to convince everyone to practice folding sets??
Old 10-02-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what if he he had QJ

[/ QUOTE ]

A) he is unlikely to 6x this preflop.
B) If he does 6x it preflop, he's like 95% to C-bet on this flop.
C) There's a decent chance he had the angle-shot planned out before the turn. This is less likely with QJ, and so is a smooth call on the turn.
D) The possibility of him having QJ makes this even more of a fold.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you admit you want respect so people will fold to you...is that why you are trying to convince everyone to practice folding sets??

[/ QUOTE ]

Just trying to start some strategy discussion. If it's unappreciated, I can take it else where.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:27 PM

I was just kidding, haha. Seriously though, I don't think I could ever fold a set in a tournament. Maybe thats why I suck.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 PM

Honestly this thread just makes me angry, both from OP's demeanor and the ridiculous assumptions he makes. The fact is that you threw in a bunch of misleading bs live tell crap so that the reader can interpret it in a way you believe is correct. The angleshooting stuff is stupid, the reads are stupid, and you can't come to the supposedly correct decision and have it be logical with the information that was presented without making absurd assumptions or being at the table.

Here is how to post this without coming off as being condescending and wasting peoples time: "I am in a multiway deep stacked raised pot OOP on a coordinated board vs a player with nitty tendencies and a tight preflop range. This information was gathered from his timing, bet size, various reads, whatever. I bet out and am raised on this board, what now? Look at his preflop range, tell me how often you think my general read is accurate and how that should impact our decision." That would be an interesting post, and posting where you got the reads from would be interesting as well, but isn't "THE KEY" (LOL) in this hand. This thread does not teach the reader anything except that live tells are even less reliable then they believed because everyone just cheats each other with angleshoots, and without a sure read you should just ignore them, play way better than everyone and pay attention to their frequencies and playstyle, and crush them.

You are the one who should be thinking about your posts carefully before posting, not the people responding. And if you genuinely wanted input on how people read all of the physical actions of your opponent in the hand to help narrow his range down throughout the hand, phrase it so that this is what you are asking, not that you know the answer and are hoping someone else is near as smart as you and your buddies. It isn't appreciated at all.

treasure hunt indeed

GIFAFI

-Jeff
Old 10-02-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are the only solid poster on 2p2 anymore admo, ty

Edit: actionjeff is still vg as well.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:46 PM

Jeff, you completely missed the point. As I said in the OP, I didn't figure the answer out myself. This entire thread is about a mistake I made, and the key piece if information that I did not notice.

If anyone is condescending, it is you.

Edit: And the reason I included the live tells, is because I wanted to explain the hand exactly the same way as I did before I "knew the answer". I included all of the information that I think is relevant.