Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: What is the AC mechanism, if any, for dealing with

[ QUOTE ]
It just seems like they can't explain how any of this would work under their system, except by saying, "You can't show how it won't work."

[/ QUOTE ]

There are explanations every where. This stuff gets talked about all the time. You should try to find some of borodogs threads. Its a big topic and its going to take a certain amount of effort on your part to find the answers. I've been reading this board for about a year now and I still havent figured it all out.

IMO the only things that havent been completely addressed by the ACists is the legal system, national defense, and situations where it is difficult to implement property rights, ie global warming. Although in the last case statism rarely cures the problem of no property rights.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:28 PM

Most things have been talked about at other times, in other places, by other people.

If you'd prefer not to talk acism, because it's already been talked about, you're certainly within your rights not to do so.

If you do want to talk about it, though, I'm curious: How have acists solved the public transportaion problem? What happens (for example) if the guy who owns the road outside my house decides he doesn't want me to use it anymore? Or if the guy who owns the road to the hospital decides to charge a flexible rate, based on how badly the guy in the car needs to get to the ER?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you do want to talk about it, though, I'm curious: How have acists solved the public transportaion problem?

[/ QUOTE ]
Check question #10 in the faq that is linked in the politics sticky.
[ QUOTE ]
What happens (for example) if the guy who owns the road outside my house decides he doesn't want me to use it anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]
Roads would likely be owned by the house owners of the cummunity. In other words when real estate developers made a subdivision the cost of the road divided by the amount of houses would be tacked on to the price of a house in that neighborhood. Streets in business areas would likely be owned by the owners of those businesses.
[ QUOTE ]
Or if the guy who owns the road to the hospital decides to charge a flexible rate, based on how badly the guy in the car needs to get to the ER?

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't sound like a very sound PR strategy on behalf of the road owner, nor does it sound plausible to actually enforce. Either way, most likely the hospital would have at least partial ownership of the road to the hospital.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you'd prefer not to talk acism, because it's already been talked about, you're certainly within your rights not to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know where you got the impression that I didnt want to talk about it. The point I was trying to make was that only so much can be written on a message board. If you are really interested in ACism you should take the time to read some books on the topic. Its hard to distill a 300 page arguement into a single post.