Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To anyone who used TD VISA to deposit into Moneybookers: were you charged a cash advance fee? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
i was charged a cash advance when i used my PC mastercard. so it's safe to assume you will too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a deposit with a Citi MasterCard to PokerStars and I was not charged a cash advance fee on my statement. Do they consider PokerStars and MoneyBookers different types of transactions?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks Bobo.

i just wanted to clarify. is the ~2% vig for exchange charged by instadebit, or your bank? when i wired money from MB to my bank account, my bank took 2% off the conversion from $US.

it seems like party's EFT is really good because they do the exchange before they send you the money, whereas for MB, it's sent in US, so banks can laugh at you, take your monies, and you can't do anything about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I can't be certain about that...the transactions show up on my statement as being Canadian $, I was assuming Instadebit was doing the exchange. I can't say for certain, I just think US $ transactions would show up as such on my statement, and then show the currency exchange. I'm pretty sure that's the way it works if I use my debit card in the US, but I'm not 100% positive.

I guess that's a long way of saying I don't really know. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] However, I suspect Instadebit is the profiting party.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a deposit with a Citi MasterCard to PokerStars and I was not charged a cash advance fee on my statement. Do they consider PokerStars and MoneyBookers different types of transactions?

[/ QUOTE ]

They missed it.
Hopefully Citi can now add Pokerstars to their CA fee list...
Old 05-27-2007, 07:49 AM

Has anybody ever cashed a poker site or ewallet cheque at one of those cheque cashing places?
I know they hit you hard with fees and i cashed a cheque at my bank with no problems last month but was just wondering if this would be an option sometime in the future.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:08 PM

Finally, my Click2Pay card is working. Just took 400$ on it without a problem.

Ship it! holla!
Old 05-28-2007, 02:01 AM

My $400US Instadebit withdrawal hit my chequing account today. Total of $422.96CA for an exchange rate of 1.0574. Works out to about 2.6% vig. On the bright side, the EFT only took 1.5 business days to hit my bank account.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:55 PM

more trip reports on the C2P card plzz!!

jphil007- u took out 400$ but how much did u put on it in the first place, do u know how much fees they charged u??

How does it compare cost-wise to all other methods? It sounds interesting because just in case the tax laws change, it seems hard to track by the govt...u never know..
Old 05-28-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
more trip reports on the C2P card plzz!!

jphil007- u took out 400$ but how much did u put on it in the first place, do u know how much fees they charged u??

How does it compare cost-wise to all other methods? It sounds interesting because just in case the tax laws change, it seems hard to track by the govt...u never know..

[/ QUOTE ]

I put 2000$ on the card on the 23 of may. I tried to withdraw 400$ on the 27 and it was working fine. I took out another 400$ today and everything was fine again. I will do 2 more 400$ withdraw and I will call the customer support to know what is the balance on my card.

2% fees max 15$, so a 400$ withdraw should cost 408$ + 1.50$ for the ATM machine = 409.50$.

After my first four 400$ withdraw, I will do small cashouts until the ATM tells me that there is not enough money on the card.

If I do the maths, I should be able to confirm that the fees are around 2%.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:06 AM

I have a party account with some money on it but do most of my playing on another site... can I just use MB to withdraw from my main site then throw it on Party and use there EFT to withdraw to my bank without even really playing there or would they put a stop to it seeing as I'm just using them as a middle man to avoid fees?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a party account with some money on it but do most of my playing on another site... can I just use MB to withdraw from my main site then throw it on Party and use there EFT to withdraw to my bank without even really playing there or would they put a stop to it seeing as I'm just using them as a middle man to avoid fees?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is NOT a good idea. Poker sites hate being used as a free money transfer service. Chances are they won't let you withdraw until you generate sufficient rake by playing enough. When will people learn that you can't just deposit and withdraw without playing. It costs them money to process deposits and withdrawals.