Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Board edit

Would the WPA be able to group concern? Sounds like the kind of thing they would be useful for.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As I have stated at no time did we change the structure sheet online. The sheet was done as a Word Document online and in the future will be done as a PDF which can not be altered by the public once downloaded. The problem with a Word document is that anyone can download this document and place any information that they wish and state that it was their originally.

[/ QUOTE ]

FTR, I am an IT professional, not a poker professional. I have no vested interest in this matter, I was just curious about any mis-doings.

Please note "Last saved by" and Created fields in the Properties box (filenames are the only properties that are changed).

This was sent to me by Spook (Happy Birthday, btw!):

This is from the link in Spook's subsequent post:

This is the Word doc after I modified and saved the file myself:

The "Last saved by" field is automatically updated by Word when you save it, according to your desktop configuration.

IMO, I have no doubt that the docs were switched. When this happened would be between Spook downloading the first Word doc, and subsequently checking it later. Also note that the Created dates of each are different, these look to be two documents being modified in parallel.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As I have stated at no time did we change the structure sheet online. The sheet was done as a Word Document online and in the future will be done as a PDF which can not be altered by the public once downloaded. The problem with a Word document is that anyone can download this document and place any information that they wish and state that it was their originally.

[/ QUOTE ]

FTR, I am an IT professional, not a poker professional. I have no vested interest in this matter, I was just curious about any mis-doings.

Please note "Last saved by" and Created fields in the Properties box (filenames are the only properties that are changed).

This was sent to me by Spook (Happy Birthday, btw!):

This is from the link in Spook's subsequent post:

This is the Word doc after I modified and saved the file myself:

The "Last saved by" field is automatically updated by Word when you save it, according to your desktop configuration.

IMO, I have no doubt that the docs were switched. When this happened would be between Spook downloading the first Word doc, and subsequently checking it later. Also note that the Created dates of each are different, these look to be two documents being modified in parallel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a coverup of fraudluent excessive charges.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:04 PM

And they are taking credit for a 30k plus donation to your charity that was infact made by individual players
Old 07-13-2007, 08:14 PM

What this is a cover up of is that one could not find out about the charity aspect of the event on the website as was claimed. Also, the vig was not fully disclosed on the website, and only partially described on the structure sheets at the tournament. The fact that there was partial disclosure of the outrageous vig charges does not in any way mitigate that the problem was that when players signed up the sign stated that this was a 2500+100 event. Players tend to read structure sheets for structure information, not to find out if there are an addition 350 dollars in hidden charges. Most players get and read structure sheets until after signing up, so this does not change their false advertising case in the slightest. If they do not come forward to make this right with players I will contact the Attorney General for Nevada, as this is a clear case of deceptive advertising practices. The clear fact that they changed the structure sheets after the fact shows a knowledge of their liability. I suggest they change their tact, apologize for what I believe was originally a honest series of mistakes, and discuss what will be done to rectify the situation. Otherwise, action will have to be taken that can only be detrimental to their ongoing business concerns.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What this is a cover up of is that one could not find out about the charity aspect of the event on the website as was claimed. Also, the vig was not fully disclosed on the website, and only partially described on the structure sheets at the tournament. The fact that there was partial disclosure of the outrageous vig charges does not in any way mitigate that the problem was that when players signed up the sign stated that this was a 2500+100 event. Players tend to read structure sheets for structure information, not to find out if there are an addition 350 dollars in hidden charges. Most players get and read structure sheets until after signing up, so this does not change their false advertising case in the slightest. If they do not come forward to make this right with players I will contact the Attorney General for Nevada, as this is a clear case of deceptive advertising practices. The clear fact that they changed the structure sheets after the fact shows a knowledge of their liability. I suggest they change their tact, apologize for what I believe was originally a honest series of mistakes, and discuss what will be done to rectify the situation. Otherwise, action will have to be taken that can only be detrimental to their ongoing business concerns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you seriously file charges with the Attorney General?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:50 PM

You don't file charges, you write a letter, and ask them to investigate them for violating such and such a statute. Or it can be just a normal kind of complaint letter.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't file charges, you write a letter, and ask them to investigate them for violating such and such a statute. Or it can be just a normal kind of complaint letter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know that. Anyone can do this?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:55 PM

Yes, anyone, anytime. We should also complain to Better Buisness Bureau. Not as much legal action, but will still cause issues for them.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: I Just Sent this to CEO Poker Tour

Maria/William,

When you first approached me about playing in the Atlantic City CEO Series at the Taj,with the hype of "my recent USPC FT television appearance at the TAJ" and living /playing poker in the NorthEast,I didn't think for one moment that this was anything more than another company taking a crack at the current competitive poker circuit,vs. the WPT and WSOP respectivally.When I pre-registered prior to your Main Event for $5000 you told me SPECIFICALLY that you had 150+ players/PRO's/CEO's pre-registered,(and just like I did the same with a credit card over the phone)and I was all gung ho for the event when I arrived.As a former CEO of a Wall Street hedgefund/broker dealer,I am quite familiar with the charity circuit as well,and this event was NEVER implied to me to be such an event!

The day the Main Event started(obviously knowing it was a two day event),I hopefully expected close to 200+ players at least to be quite honest.

Well when I took my seat and found out there was 38 ,,,,,,,,,,,,YES only 38 players signed up(and the ONLY PRO I saw was the fine gentleman and my friend Bill Edler at my table,who was also just as perplexed),I went looking for you and William,to NO AVAIL, and was absolutely LIVID,about being lied to,cheated,scammed,whatever.

Since hearing and obviously reading this fine print NOW ,I know for a fact that there are many players/PRO's that are NOT going to take this Venetian CEO Event fiasco in vein.I guess I was STUPID enough to even play/register in the event,without ever reading the standard fine print that any legitimate tournament constructs on their payout/structure sheets.

I "hope" you covered all your base's,as when it come's to CHARITABLE events.............the LAW is pretty damn serious if there was any fraud/deceptive intent here!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez ......................something just wasn't right in my gut from my FIRST COMPLAINT going back to the TAJ a few months back.I am hearing some SCARY [censored] about this,and to be quite honest,am TRULY questioning the validity of this whole CEO series "fine print" crap,and will be the first to stand up for any players that were mis-led or "fine printed" into am obvious 20% Juice SCAM.

I donate a decent sum of monies to various charities of MY CHOICE each year,and in my opinion this whole CEO thing has had a "devious" underpinning" from the start.It should be one's own personal choice of a charity,and if not ,the entrants should be COMPLETLY informed of such BEFORE signing up for a Main Event that list's as $2500 + 100 entry fee.From what I am seeing/hearing the various prize pools were a JOKE,percentage wise!

I am disgusted!

~Stephen Feraca
Closed Thread