Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Farha VS. Srugby

[ QUOTE ]
Results!!! They may still be playing but it's pretty late now someone must know someone there that can sms results then have them posted...

This match is sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

As of an hour or two ago they hadn't resumed playing yet, unless it's not at Bobby's room in the bellagio.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where is Ivey, PA, and Benyamine in all of this? I know its HU, I'm just saying, I know Ivey really loves High Stakes Live PLO (or anything for that matter), and I'm sure PA and Benyamine would jump in too. I think it will be an interesting couple of days if these 5 got together.

[/ QUOTE ]

WSOP ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ivey and PA didn't play in any events today, I don't think, but I think Benyamine played in another one and busted early.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:31 AM

This post was awesome.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:36 AM

everyone who is qualified to offer an opinion in this thread says farha is the favorite in PLO. also its really stupid how many people have talked about farha's total hands played as if brian has some huge edge because he plays a lot more hands online. one of the biggest myths in poker is that online players progress more rapidly (and will eventually overtake live players) simply because they're playing more hands online.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone who is qualified to offer an opinion in this thread says farha is the favorite in PLO. also its really stupid how many people have talked about farha's total hands played as if brian has some huge edge because he plays a lot more hands online. one of the biggest myths in poker is that online players progress more rapidly (and will eventually overtake live players) simply because they're playing more hands online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take two people of equal size/skill/strength for basketball. Have one of the people practice by doing 10 free throws a day. Have the other person do 100 free throws a day. Hold a free-throw competition at the end of a year. Who do you bet on and why? Re-read your post and attempt to draw some conclusions.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:54 AM

I don't think its a proper analogy.

Townsend may be practicing free-throws, but Farha has been doing free throws, lay ups, dribbling, passing, etc. And its a basketball game, not just free throw competition.

Anywho, I don't know why I post here anyways - I'll refrain until we get some results.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Farha VS. Sbrugby

Three things to add:

1) Farha loves to tell everyone that he made all his money from poker. The one time I played with him 200-400 in LA, he kept mentioning it over and over. Other players who have played with him a lot kept saying that he always loves to say that he made all his money from poker. This all, of course, probably means he made most of his money from something that has nothing to do with poker. What the nature of this other income is--no one knows.

2) Apparently twin caracas talked to sammy before the match and sammy mentioned that he'd play as high as 3k/6k even... As much action as Aba would give.

3) I have no idea who has the skill edge here given the nature of the uncapped game. I think brian is more talented because I think the best players play online and brian is the best online NL player. However, you can't overlook the fact that these stakes are the highest he's ever played and that might get to his head if he runs bad. You also can't overlook the fact that sammy has more experience with very deep stacked PLO and NL and seems to have endless funds.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think its a proper analogy.

Townsend may be practicing free-throws, but Farha has been doing free throws, lay ups, dribbling, passing, etc. And its a basketball game, not just free throw competition.

Anywho, I don't know why I post here anyways - I'll refrain until we get some results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, it was an intentionally simplistic analogy, since I didn't want to go too far over the head of the genius I was responding too.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Take two people of equal size/skill/strength for basketball. Have one of the people practice by doing 10 free throws a day. Have the other person do 100 free throws a day. Hold a free-throw competition at the end of a year. Who do you bet on and why? Re-read your post and attempt to draw some conclusions.

[/ QUOTE ]

transplant a new brain into your head and attempt to make posts that have logical sense
Old 06-06-2007, 06:08 AM

wait Jason, are you saying that it is not a definitive fact that sbrugby has a huge edge in this HU match up?