FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

they have many losable games left

some opponents might actually have DBs
Old 09-16-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Florida is still unlikely to win more than 9 games during the regular season IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prop bet on the O/U?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:05 AM

Razorbacks snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Hate to see DMac take them all that way just to watch a pathetic secondary hand it over to the Tide's 2-minute drill.

On the plus side, it was good to see the Hogs finally work some play action into the offense. Hopefully David Lee will work some more looks into the offense this season.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:59 AM

Interesting week for the SEC:

UK's stock has gone up in my eyes with an impressive win over a solid (though incredibly overrated) Louisville team. Auburn's stock has gone down, big time. MS State has shown they might just be good enough to eek out a bowl appearance and are not NEARLY as LOL as most people thought. As far as I can tell, Ole Miss is the only really *bad* team in the conference it seems. Even Vandy is solid.

The big boys solidified their positions too: Florida demonstrated that they are good enough to contend for another NC championship IMO. LSU shut down a good MTSU offense, beating them 44-0 with backup QB (and possible future Heisman candidate) sophomore Ryan Perrilloux playing reasonaly okay (according to his stats at least). In all likelihood, we are seeing a preview of the SEC championship game when the Gators come to Baton Rouge.

The SEC has also, IMO, solidified its position as the best conference in CF. Before yesterday you could make reasonable arguments that the Pac10, and MAYBE the Big East were better conferences. No more.

Hypothetical: if at the end of the year, Florida and LSU are both one loss teams (to each other), and there are no undefeated teams, they might deserve to face each other a third time in the NC game.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we are seeing a preview of the SEC championship game when the Gators come to Baton Rouge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is a shame. Just because you play in the SEC, you get penalized wrt Nat'l title considerations.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we are seeing a preview of the SEC championship game when the Gators come to Baton Rouge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is a shame. Just because you play in the SEC, you get penalized wrt Nat'l title considerations.

[/ QUOTE ]

just like last year with the Big 10, when the two best teams in the country were obviously Ohio State and Michigan.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hypothetical: if at the end of the year, Florida and LSU are both one loss teams (to each other), and there are no undefeated teams, they might deserve to face each other a third time in the NC game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that happens I will quit watching college football until playoffs are instituted.

My prediction: LSU beats Florida twice, Bama (with a single loss to LSU) gets the at-large BCS bid.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:31 PM

I would be stunned if Bama only has one loss and I took the over on their season wins at the beginning of the year
Old 09-16-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be stunned if Bama only has one loss and I took the over on their season wins at the beginning of the year

[/ QUOTE ]

Their schedule is looking much less challenging than it did 8 days ago. I give them a 45% chance of finishing with 1 loss. If that happens, they are practically a lock for an at-large bid.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't see it either. I'm not sold on their offense & they have to play a lot of good defensive teams. Fortunately their schedule is really favorable with every game seemingly at home. Despite Auburn's struggles that will not be an easy game at the end of the year at their place. They better have their [censored] together offensively or Tubberville is in trouble.

Pretty bold statement after being very fortunate it to win yesterday with McFadden hurt/Nutt & Dick being complete morons.