Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which anchor or host do you find most disagreeable, politically?
Sean Hannity 21 36.84%
Neil Cavuto 0 0%
John Gibson 5 8.77%
Brit Hume 2 3.51%
Bill O’Reilly 9 15.79%
I think this poll is stupid 20 35.09%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: the very special 48 hours of death discussion thread

I understand the intent and reasoning behind this, but I don't see how Greenfield/SOA's blatant anti-semetic and clear violent racist views mean we can't say *&%ga anymore.

Use some judgement mods, this is a stupid move. You remind me of HS teachers that toss kids out of school becuase they found a butter knife in the kids car or something and have instituted a "zero tolerance" policy on weapons. A butter-knife =/= a .50 cal DE.

Zero tolerance policies are for organizations that are run by people that are basically too stupid and unwise to apply their judgement to specific situations, hence the need for an unambiguous blanket "zero-tolerance" policy. Any moron can understand that.

So, let's see, BBV mods are not a large organization and they don't appear to be that stupid, so WTF?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zero tolerance policies are for organizations that are run by people that are basically too stupid and unwise to apply their judgement to specific situations, hence the need for an unambiguous blanket "zero-tolerance" policy. Any moron can understand that.

So, let's see, BBV mods are not a large organization and they don't appear to be that stupid, so WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, zero tolerance rules are so that the people that have to follow the rules know what's in and out. It has nothing to do with ease of administration.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A butter-knife =/= a .50 cal DE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree...they are both nearly useless as weaponry.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:47 PM

DDY, it's just going to be so painful to not use those words, isn't it. Let's stop with the melodramatics, folks.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand the intent and reasoning behind this, but I don't see how Greenfield/SOA's blatant anti-semetic and clear violent racist views mean we can't say *&%ga anymore.

Use some judgement mods, this is a stupid move. You remind me of HS teachers that toss kids out of school becuase they found a butter knife in the kids car or something and have instituted a "zero tolerance" policy on weapons. A butter-knife =/= a .50 cal DE.

[/ QUOTE ]
QUIT RESISTING.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you that SOA was clearly in the wrong but what is the point of this thread?

I lol'd when I opened the the thread but maybe this is also a reason behind the new rules/policy.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can black people still say.... y'know...?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was not a rhetorical question.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, zero tolerance rules are so that the people that have to follow the rules know what's in and out. It has nothing to do with ease of administration.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeeeees, and the reason an organization needs clear cut in and out rules is generally b/c the majority of the people in that organization cannot be relied upon to interpret the rules and apply their judgement. Like I said above.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:13 PM

ddy, the actual reasons behind this are:

1)the racism in bbv is filtering into other forums and other mods are annoyed at us;
2)racism is unfunny;
3)racism is lame;
4)this is a website that makes money off ads and probably shouldn't contain a forum with a bunch of racist posts in it.

if you have some kind of superpost that absolutely must have the word 'nigga' in 37 places, you can wait until the 48 HOURS OF DEATH are over, but before the next 48 HOURS OF DEATH cycle that will no doubt repeat itself once we've decided that the forums are fixed and stop caring as much.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you that SOA was clearly in the wrong but what is the point of this thread?

I lol'd when I opened the the thread but maybe this is also a reason behind the new rules/policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair question, but obv the point of that thread was to lawl and not be racist, which is precisely my point. mods know what is OK and what is not.

Now, if posters here have actually been complaining about BBV/4life posters' innocent and obv not racist use of igga, then so be it, we will cease.

But I doubt that's the case.
Closed Thread