Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: ***Girl\'s Night Discussion thread 02.21.2007***

[ QUOTE ]

As for her personality, she might be slutty offstage, but she is charming and vulnerable onstage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I get the "cold ice princess who's ish doesn't stink" vibe. She won't go far at all.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jalapeno,
FWIW, I watched one show of that season, saw Underwood sing once, and declared that she would win. I never watched it after that because I was that sure she would win. I don't recall thinking this about any other contestant I've ever seen on the show. Well, except for that 50 year old lady decked out in Big Bird attire, sporting a gigantic cameltoe this season. Boy was I wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only watched one show, and picked the winner, I would say you got very lucky and are not at all qualified to claim expert status.
There is a lot more to betting AI than you know, including, but not limited to.....blatant and subtle manipulation by producers and judges, song selection by the contestants, voting demographics that can cancel out some contestants, and much more.
That you would even think you are good at this show without following it every week, reading the blogs and forums, and doing basic homework....well, ..... LMAO. Guys who don't do their homework rarely get the cash.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As for her personality, she might be slutty offstage, but she is charming and vulnerable onstage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I get the "cold ice princess who's ish doesn't stink" vibe. She won't go far at all.

[/ QUOTE ]agreed. Either her or her friend was accused of flirting instead of practicing during the group competition, and I remember that while they were interviewing them they said something like "We don't need to flirt here...we can get any guys we want back home." That can't help her cause in the "nice vulnerable girl" department.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]agreed. Either her or her friend was accused of flirting instead of practicing during the group competition, and I remember that while they were interviewing them they said something like "We don't need to flirt here...we can get any guys we want back home." That can't help her cause in the "nice vulnerable girl" department.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was her friend, and it looked like Antonella was exasperated by the flirting. Basically when they were together, her friend was loud and obnoxious and Antonella was the quiet one. It was Amanda who was flirting.

At the first audition, when the judges asked which of them was best, Antonella said her friend Amanda was better. When her friend left the room Simon told Antonella she should step on her friend and Antonella said something like "no, not to my friend". And I think there was a similar situation to Sanjaya where she didn't want to tell Amanda the judges liked her better?

In any case, besides the pictures, Antonella seems like a good person. Maybe a bit vapid. It's hard to tell from seeing someone for 3 minutes on screen, but I'm from one town over in Jersey and there are just some really nice but naive people who come from there.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:02 PM

Yeah she actually comes off pretty well to me too