Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Hellgate: London - Calling Diablo Fans

Not sure what luck does....just remember people saying they were having a set of it. Before I got a chance to figure out what luck actually did, they closed the forums.

And yeah its my bank that is maxed out with weaps/armor/upgrades.

No in game mail right now, but there will be. I guess the only way to transfer stuff is through another player right now.

With extra junk I break it all down now. In beta I sold it, but now I break it all down. The stuff you can get from the crafting vendor is really nice and you need enough break down components to make them.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a legendary Sword and a Rare Chest piece w/ the +6 all stats, both require super low level. Is there anyway to transfer them to my other characters (I have them on my evoker and they are templar items)

If not wtf do I do? Break them down, attempt to sell?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure if you wait for somebody (one of us) to get on, xfering through another player is easy enough.

i also read that they're going to try to implement an account-wide stash, i.e. a NxM space for you to put stuff that all your characters will have access to, in addition to their own private stash. not sure if it's going to be a subscribing benefit or not, though.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:06 PM

BillNye, luck affects the drops you get. If you have more luck you will find more enhanced, rare, and legendary items.

G-bebe, I'm not sure you've ever played a beta after reading your post. I've played several betas... and a late version of beta is NOT significantly different from a released product. I've played betas of low-profile mods for half-life and betas of big named products like Warcraft 3.. things don't change much when there's only a week until launch. As far as I can tell, only one thing is different from the Hellgate beta and the release and it's the drone-fix. So unless they plan on adding 5-15 more skills for each character that are actually fun to use, the game is a big flop IMO.... or did they add a bunch of new stuff that made the game significantly different in the 5 days they had?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

With extra junk I break it all down now. In beta I sold it, but now I break it all down. The stuff you can get from the crafting vendor is really nice and you need enough break down components to make them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also upgrade your weapon with the components.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:37 PM

Well since they can't get subscriptions working, they are going to patch the servers so the Halloween content is open for everyone. Servers are down now so hopefully it won't be too long.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well since they can't get subscriptions working, they are going to patch the servers so the Halloween content is open for everyone. Servers are down now so hopefully it won't be too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, tempted to try out 1 player but I dont get the point. Less lag but no other peeps?

So far:
Evoker - Awesome

Thanir what class have you been playing?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
G-bebe, I'm not sure you've ever played a beta after reading your post. I've played several betas... and a late version of beta is NOT significantly different from a released product. I've played betas of low-profile mods for half-life and betas of big named products like Warcraft 3.. things don't change much when there's only a week until launch. As far as I can tell, only one thing is different from the Hellgate beta and the release and it's the drone-fix. So unless they plan on adding 5-15 more skills for each character that are actually fun to use, the game is a big flop IMO.... or did they add a bunch of new stuff that made the game significantly different in the 5 days they had?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, the game from <7 days before launch to launch is probably not altered much. but that doesn't mean it's going to be a packaged final product with no changes upcoming. to me it sounds like there's a lot of content and patches coming in the next month, and i'm willing to accept that things might be unbalanced or bugged at the start.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:27 PM

Subscription dosnt work yet - lol
Because of that they bring servers down so everybody gets Halloween content, yay - lol dont care just want to play

-----
Kinda annoying but I guess they dont want their Halloween efforts to go to waste. Also some people not planning on subscribing might think its sweet and subscribe I suppose.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:31 PM

I have a L13 Eng right now

I really like him, but my damn bot losing the weapon I give him every time I log or get disconnected is driving me nuts.

Next char will probably be a Guardian. Tried a gun Guard in beta, want to try a sword/board one this time. Evokers look cool too. Also tried a Summoner, but not being able to control pets drove me a bit crazy (having to deal with it now.)

Another complaint: Why when they bring the servers down to patch them, do they also take down their forums...pretty dumb. If its traffic they should've already been setup to deal with massive hits during downtime. They entered the 'MMO' world, they should've been prepared. This isn't the first MMO launch in gaming.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:47 PM

ya, servers down = forums down is beta too.

I was planning on Marksman but their skill tree is a joke so I decided to test out Evoker (cuz it looks cool and was cool in the opening cinema).

Still not sure how everything works but its a ton of fun.

I dont really read the quests just complete them as I complete levels.

I think they need to clean up the interface a bit, balance the skill trees (feel bad for Marksman, half of their skill tree is more or less useless).