Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Peer to Peer transfer NET who do U trust ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I spoke to the Neteller Investigations guy about them shutting down my account, he indicated that it was so I would contact them to receive the warning about accepting a ptp transfer & the depositing the $ to a gambling site.

He specifically stated that I could still receive ptp transfers in situations where I was receiving the $ and then withdrawing it.

I take this to mean that for Americans trying to get their $ out oif Neteller as quickly as possible, they can still send to us Canadians or others, and then wait while we withdraw the funds, purchase a bank draft or money order from our own bank and mail it to them.

Not as fast and easy as a deposit to a poker site, but accomplishing the same goal in the long run.

Any thoughts or different information out there?

Also, in Canada I have used Interac Email Money Transfers a number of times to send and receive money directly from my bank acount. At this point there is a $1,000 daily limit on this feature at my Canadian banks. Is this an option available at U.S. banks as well?

It could be a viable alternative for U.S. players looking to move around smaller bankrolls.

Let me know please.

[/ QUOTE ]
the other part of this, is the exchange rate hit. When I withdraw from neteller to my CDN bank account, Im forced to convert to CDN. Then to send a money order to the US guys, we would want to send in US funds. Not a big deal I guess, as it will work. But more money will be taken off the top for exchange rate fees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we do lose money on exchange conversion and would have to account for that, but it is still a way for Americans to get at their funds, and I have been charging 5% for my services while I know that people have paid 10% so there is still plenty of room in there for me to charge less than 10%.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think one way round :

Transfer money to NT
Deposit to Pokersite with Debit Card
Withdraw from Neteller to Debit Card Account

This would rely on you having a decent online balance and or/current account....

But would reduce the red flags..

Vava

[/ QUOTE ]

i can start doing this i think, but the vig is gonna have to be way higher for it to be worthwhile, considering i have to get money back from $$ --->££ again

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be paranoid, but isn't there a tax-problem to consider too? If large amounts of cash flows in to my bank account wouldn't the IRS get interested? I'm swedish so if any fellow swede know anything about this I'd appriciate the help...
Old 01-31-2007, 11:28 AM

Ok, im back in business. I have $50k/day at stars and $10k/day at fulltilt - I WILL be picking and choosing from PMs since i assume demand will be high, so the more well known within the 2p2 community, the more likely i am to help. Also bigger transfers from well known posters will be dealt with asap. PM ME for more info.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I spoke to the Neteller Investigations guy about them shutting down my account, he indicated that it was so I would contact them to receive the warning about accepting a ptp transfer & the depositing the $ to a gambling site.

He specifically stated that I could still receive ptp transfers in situations where I was receiving the $ and then withdrawing it.

I take this to mean that for Americans trying to get their $ out oif Neteller as quickly as possible, they can still send to us Canadians or others, and then wait while we withdraw the funds, purchase a bank draft or money order from our own bank and mail it to them.

Not as fast and easy as a deposit to a poker site, but accomplishing the same goal in the long run.

Any thoughts or different information out there?

Also, in Canada I have used Interac Email Money Transfers a number of times to send and receive money directly from my bank acount. At this point there is a $1,000 daily limit on this feature at my Canadian banks. Is this an option available at U.S. banks as well?

It could be a viable alternative for U.S. players looking to move around smaller bankrolls.

Let me know please.

[/ QUOTE ]
the other part of this, is the exchange rate hit. When I withdraw from neteller to my CDN bank account, Im forced to convert to CDN. Then to send a money order to the US guys, we would want to send in US funds. Not a big deal I guess, as it will work. But more money will be taken off the top for exchange rate fees.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYI
I just called neteller and my bank (BMO) to find out the specifics.

Assuming you have $1000US. As of this moment neteller would put $1159.60 CDN in your bank account. BMO would then give me a money order in US funds for $952.50 for this amount.

So looks like a hit of about 5% in exchange rate fees. This could go up or down a bit depending on the time it takes for the money to get from neteller to your CDN bank account. Money order cost and shipping shouldnt be more then $20.

So $20 plus 5% in exchange rate fees seems to be a pretty accurate estimate for this to work.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, im back in business. I have $50k/day at stars and $10k/day at fulltilt - I WILL be picking and choosing from PMs since i assume demand will be high, so the more well known within the 2p2 community, the more likely i am to help. Also bigger transfers from well known posters will be dealt with asap. PM ME for more info.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone dealing with this guy, would be like voluntarily willing to have their thousands not only stuck in neteller, but in the neteller of some stranger's account.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone dealing with this guy, would be like voluntarily willing to have their thousands not only stuck in neteller, but in the neteller of some stranger's account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they would, and I'm sure most people would rather have funds stuck in twisted's posession than taking a chance with an unknown.

Just a hunch...
Old 01-31-2007, 11:53 AM

It is interesting to see how fast things change.

4 day ago, americans were begging to have their funds withdrawn and a few posters started to help for a small fee. It was all about helping to begin with.

2 days ago this had turned into a business. There were lots of americans wanting to have funds transfered and lots of non-americans helping and earning moderate amounts. A few begun taking advantage of the high demand for withdrawing from Neteller.

Now, most Neteller accounts transfering funds have been closed and the few that have survived will be closed shortly, the forum is full of obvious scammers trying to have funds transfered to their Neteller account and practically begging americans to use their services.

All kind of alternative solutions are being offered. I especially like the one about depositing with credit card, withdrawing thru debit card and sending a check with fedex. From the top of my head, we are looking at 25-30% of the money eaten by fees and a lot of work away from your computer.

Things change quickly in this word...

GD
Old 01-31-2007, 12:02 PM

A question for Canadians who have had their Neteller accounts closed. How long did it take to get them reactivated once you sent in your ID documents?

Now I want to take out some of my own money & can't get at it.

Gives me a sense of how lost & frustrated U.S. users have felt.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:19 PM

Here's an idea for guys who have Party accts. Assuming you have a high balance in your Stars acct (enough to help US guys make transfers), take the p2p and transfer it to Party, cash out on Party if you want (they give you an AMAZING conversion rate.....see my thread in the zoo a couple days ago) then just send the US guy their money through Stars. That way, you don't lose on the conversion you might actualy gain!

BTW, im still open....pm me but im picky...high transfers ,reput posters and good % only.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:22 PM

seems like there are lots of scammers now....if trust is an issue, tell me how (step by step) to do a screen shot and I will post my NT acct and my Stars history and you can see that every transfer I accepted thru NT was paid out on my Stars acct.
Closed Thread