27-30 32 13.56%
30-34 27 11.44%
35+ 32 13.56%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Official October Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
All of you people who want to read a book or get a coach to teach you how to beat the higher levels of poker make me laugh. First, you are just being retardedly lazy and second there is only so much that someone can teach you. If you learn to figure the game out for yourself, you will always be able to beat the games at a good clip. If you are always trying to imitate other people, you will always be behind the curve.

This isn't a shot at Bobbo's book or coaches, but a general observation brought about a friend I have who is attempting to receive a ton of coaching in an attempt to beat msnl. I hate to break it to people, that just isn't going to work.

There are always new things that I am needing to figure out and solve in this game. I prefer to be able to do it myself and stay among the biggest winners; I don't think crying to a coach every time I have a situation he hasn't spoon-fed me an answer to already is going to make anyone a very good player.

Also, it isn't kosher to say, but a lot of people just don't have the raw skills and intelligence to beat this game, especially as you get into the higher levels. I'm still unsure of my place, but I'm sure I'll level out at a point where I just can't beat the competition anymore. And that's OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. If you feel that way why were you coaching in the first place(for a pretty steep hourly IIRC)?

2. Are all your 6400 posts either condescending remarks or brag threads? Have you always been such a douche? Or was it just one day you decided to be the biggest douche you could be to your ability?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:25 PM

Is 8 BI's a downswing?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:27 PM

all you did was post that anyone who needs to "go cry to a coach all the time" will never learn to be a good player and blah blah blah.

congrats. you have decided on your own how to adapt as the games have. Some people need some direction. I'd go out on a limb and say the majority of MSNL has had a coach at some point or another even if it was just for 1 or 2 sessions.

Stop annoying everyone.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is 8 BI's a downswing?

[/ QUOTE ]

only if you were playing well
Old 10-17-2007, 04:34 PM

Hey I'm not even knocking coaching occasionally if you are having a really tough time figuring out a particular situation on your own. But people who think coaching or a book are going to magically transform them into a huge winner are just fooling themselves.

I gave coaching a shot and while I was able to help people with particular situations I came to realization there is just too much to take somebody and teach them it all in any reasonable amount of time. And even if I could manage to do that sitautions are always changing. It is 100 times more helpful to someone if they can just learn to problem solve on their own.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:37 PM

Meteron,
Getting help from anybody ever at any point in your life is a sign of weakness and it shows you lack the intellectual capacity to be extremely successful.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meteron,
Getting help from anybody ever at any point in your life is a sign of weakness and it shows you lack the intellectual capacity to be extremely successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i meant to say.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, no one will listen and that's fine. I'm not saying I'm even close to the best MSNLer, but I think some of you guys just have the wrong idea about how to approach this game. For once, I tried to post something that might be construed as useful. I'll go back to not giving any useful advice in this forum because apparently people prefer that. Fine with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tbh I only read your topic sentence and that was enough
Old 10-17-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think in general, TAGs fall in the 21-23 WTSD range, with a 52-54 W$SD, 28 seems a bit high and seems like running g00t

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys really hate bluffing. how is your w$sd above 50..?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go out on a limb and say the majority of MSNL has had a coach at some point

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree or I wouldn't have made the post.

How many of the biggest winners at MSNL and HSNL have had a coach regularly throughout their career?
Closed Thread