FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: This hand is...
Pwnage 0 0%
Standard/Boring 12 70.59%
BASTARD 0 0%
YSSCKY 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Last Train to Nowhere (Game thread)

I don't think that the village has won a long game since I've started playing...
Old 06-21-2007, 03:42 PM

Also, FCBL sent me a PM early n1 letting me know I was dead, before I had a chance to submit my peek (which is supposed to go through before I'm dead). Knowing FCBL was a wolf at that point, I couldn't give a fair peek. I told FCBL this, and I also told Lardarse this. The decisions after that point were in Lardarse's hands.

(Also, I slipped and told FCBL that night that I had peeked Herbie, which was dumb of me, but probably did no harm since a read-through of d1 would make that obvious for anyone.)
Old 06-21-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, agreed. FCBL PMed dan before dan could give his peek, and so lardarse decided to give me FCBL-wolf. IMHO, that was a bad decision. Randed peek probably better, or u can give me a peek.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, here it goes. After we killed Dan N1, I did not want him to go through his 10 hours of analysis for his ANTIDAN post the next day.

I told him he was eaten. I have never, ever seen a game where a dead seer had ANYTHING to do. Why should he still get a peek, and why should that peek be passed to the Vice-Seer?

Since he was eaten, Lastchance should have been told, "The seer was killed. His N0 peek was Herbie- Not Wolf. Please choose who you would like to peek"

The above is NOT including my chat with Dan. That is just common sense. If you are dead, then you are DEAD.

I have a long AIM transcript with Lardarse about this issue that I can post with his approval if anyone wishes.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, FCBL sent me a PM early n1 letting me know I was dead, before I had a chance to submit my peek (which is supposed to go through before I'm dead). Knowing FCBL was a wolf at that point, I couldn't give a fair peek. I told FCBL this, and I also told Lardarse this. The decisions after that point were in Lardarse's hands.

(Also, I slipped and told FCBL that night that I had peeked Herbie, which was dumb of me, but probably did no harm since a read-through of d1 would make that obvious for anyone.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You peeked Herbie as NON-WOLF. We already knew he was a NON-WOLF. The peek was meaningless to the wolves.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it wasn't an evil-win as much as a seer-loss

[/ QUOTE ]
This game was so rigged pro village it was sick. When I learned that there is actually no majority lynch I was like "oh yeah, why doesn't this surprise me"
If it wasn't for Election I'd say this was the most imbalanced game I ever played.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much

[/ QUOTE ]
There are two evils that peek as good in this game. At the very least, I think it's better than lotr's, dungeon's, TAA's game (with villager in wolf-chat, lol), etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
We counted the cultists as villagers they are useless untill endgame anyhow.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:44 PM

I was pretty sure he'd already given his approval.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it wasn't an evil-win as much as a seer-loss

[/ QUOTE ]
This game was so rigged pro village it was sick. When I learned that there is actually no majority lynch I was like "oh yeah, why doesn't this surprise me"
If it wasn't for Election I'd say this was the most imbalanced game I ever played.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much

[/ QUOTE ]
There are two evils that peek as good in this game. At the very least, I think it's better than lotr's, dungeon's, TAA's game (with villager in wolf-chat, lol), etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A fair balance would be for the cultists to know the wolves identity, but not the other way around. That gives the cultists some direction to drive the lynch.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was pretty sure he'd already given his approval.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he has. I mean I have his approval, and will post if needed.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:47 PM

Congratulations wolves... Well played. I thought Siegmund and Clowntable both played great. Siegmund you put in some incredible efforts to sound villagery. FCBL, I still LOL at lynching you as my cultist pick...

Luckay, what an awesume ESoD list (again)!!! Great job! I was SOOO nervious that Luckay could be an undercover wolf.

My reads were aweful. Sorry village. I was so close at times and at other times so far...

BTW, I got's to know... DMK why did you vote Siegmund yesterday and Smell why did you not change to Siegmund when clown and sieg revealed themselves at the end of the day?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's for parity and fake-seering purposes. Not worth a lot, yeah, but they certainly aren't "villagers."

Every up for grabs ww game comes down to endgame... So yeah. Cultists can get nked though, which admittedly, costs them huge points.