FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ___
Detroit 0 0%
Chicago (H) 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST

Ugh, I hate doing this sort of analysis Terrel, because I'm always looking at it from the perspective of an opponent who has been playing against me. Vital to me would be what he thinks of my turn check, my 3bet from the BB, the size of my c-bet etc. Maybe he's too tight to play 55/ATs UTG? Maybe he comes over the top with AK? If so you are screwed here!

Anyway, thanks for the hand, I found it interesting.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:11 AM

In a rebuy sat, I'm at the first break with 7k in chips. A little above average, sitting 16/82.

Should I bet taking the 1500 chip add-on? Do you almost always take the add-on? I'm new to rebuys so I'm not really sure of the best way to do this.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, I hate doing this sort of analysis Terrel, because I'm always looking at it from the perspective of an opponent who has been playing against me. Vital to me would be what he thinks of my turn check, my 3bet from the BB, the size of my c-bet etc. Maybe he's too tight to play 55/ATs UTG? Maybe he comes over the top with AK? If so you are screwed here!

Anyway, thanks for the hand, I found it interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but it wasn't my hand. It's Alreturns above that I was responding to with my one sentence comment (didn't comment more than that as I'm a full ring nit and it was a 6-max hand). However, your response was a great read and much appreciated.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a rebuy sat, I'm at the first break with 7k in chips. A little above average, sitting 16/82.

Should I bet taking the 1500 chip add-on? Do you almost always take the add-on? I'm new to rebuys so I'm not really sure of the best way to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

the rule is to always take the add-on. from an ev standpoint, It's better to not double rebuy than to not take the add-on.

The only time I ever didnt take the add-on was in a $109 rebuy, I was chip leader at the end of the rebuy period. Even though I knew I should, I was only in it $209 and didnt want to.

Satalites are a little different in that the top prize is limited. I guess there was a mtt thread on sat rebuys and I heard (never found the tread) the conclution was that single buying and taking the add-on was a decent way to play them.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer depends on which satellite you are playing.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:06 PM

It was in a $5-R turbo to the sunday million. I'm thinking about playing those and the $10-R turbos this week.

These are some of the better sats to play, correct?
Old 08-20-2007, 12:19 PM

def rebuy in the turbos. esp the 3 and 5 since ther are so few seats.

this week's million is a 530 buyin so there are $5r, $22r, and 58fo. there are also sats to the warmup which are good too.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:29 PM

just posted this in the couching thread, fyi

a couple people have asked (I know, stop laughing) so I thought I'd mention this. Ima good person for a friend, but Ima crappy coach. I basicly just wanna play poker and hang out. Everything else i have to do, bills, fix crap, etc, I put off as long as possible. Coaching duties fall under that catagory.

I will give 2 references to prove my worth:

My brother sent me 3 hh's to review over a year ago. Aint quite got to it yet.

I told skipperbob I'd help him some (free, I know myself too well to charge) and made it through about 5 hh's before I just never got to the next one.

I'm pretty good about answering questions (crap, except one from last month, sorry ALReturnsLOL ) or anything else I can do to help that takes into account the fact that i'm generally lazy and procrastinate horribly.

Steve
Old 08-20-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just posted this in the couching thread, fyi

a couple people have asked (I know, stop laughing) so I thought I'd mention this. Ima good person for a friend, but Ima crappy coach. I basicly just wanna play poker and hang out. Everything else i have to do, bills, fix crap, etc, I put off as long as possible. Coaching duties fall under that catagory.

I will give 2 references to prove my worth:

My brother sent me 3 hh's to review over a year ago. Aint quite got to it yet.

I told skipperbob I'd help him some (free, I know myself too well to charge) and made it through about 5 hh's before I just never got to the next one.

I'm pretty good about answering questions (crap, except one from last month, sorry ALReturnsLOL ) or anything else I can do to help that takes into account the fact that i'm generally lazy and procrastinate horribly.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve is a GREAT COACH; I offered to pay all expenses for him to come to So.Cal to spend 2-3 days w/me = coaching & drinking....His reply = "fine; but no coaching" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2007, 03:03 PM

Background: This was posted by bellytimber in the Ask Yugo Anything thread, for those who didn't see it. It's definitely worth reading.

[ QUOTE ]
So Pergesu moved to SF and is crashing at my place for a week until he finds his own place. Last night at 2 AM I'm in bed reading and Perg calls and is hammered and said he just got in a fight, I'm a little annoyed but I go to pick him up. By reading I mean masturbating.

All you need to know: (1) Pergesu got in an argument with some dude Anthony at the bar because (2) Anthony thought Perg was hitting on his girlfriend Elena. (3) Anthony won the fight but Pergesu's face is completely unscratched because (4) Anthony was an actual dwarf. (5-37) Yes, Anthony was an actual dwarf. (38) I'm almost positive Perg isn't making this story up--when I pick him up he is super rattled and his stomach and lower body are battered. (39) Perg then admits to me that yes, he was indeed flirting with Elena who yes, turned out to be Anthony's actual girlfriend and yes, she was also a dwarf (39 1/3).

Pergesu: I've never been in a fight before and now I get in a fight and I lose to a dwarf.

Me: How tall was he? Was he taller than this? [I point to a wastebasket]

Pergesu: But listen dude listen LISTEN, Elena was...so nice.

Me: Yeah that's great so was he taller than this? [I point to a stool]

Pergesu: No dude c'mon dude shut up...

Me: [I point to the kitchen counter]

Pergesu: ...OK dude fine he was taller. [he shows by moving hand about four inches higher than countertop]

Me: Jesus.

Pergesu: I am not a dwarf!

Me: I know.

Pergesu: uggggg my stomach hurts. My shins.

Me: OK I'm going to bed...no....I'm off to see the wizard. Hum that please.

Pergesu: uggg why does this always happen to me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread