Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I think Utah is a tougher match up for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too, Yao will be dominant, but he'll get tired out quickly with all the running and won't get back sometimes. But the way GS has handled driving to the hoop (not well) this series makes me think a TMac or Kobe type could destroy the warriors single-handedly if he got hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Derron matches up extremely well with Baron Davis. It's not so much what would the other team do against GS, it's what GS can get against the other team. Utah matches up very well.

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed. If Houston wins that series, look for GS to go all the way to the WCF and presumably get destroyed by whomever they play.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually feel bad for Avery Johnson. His team is flat-out embarrassing him. The way his team is playing is in NO WAY a reflection of his coaching abilities.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, his team is pretty awesome. Obviously I can't see what goes on behind the scenes but I think any coach would kill for that team. I dunno if it's justified or not but the balme will fall on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

It goes on Dirk
Kobe scored more last year and he was intentionally not trying to shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Dal doesn't still have this?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually feel bad for Avery Johnson. His team is flat-out embarrassing him. The way his team is playing is in NO WAY a reflection of his coaching abilities.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, his team is pretty awesome. Obviously I can't see what goes on behind the scenes but I think any coach would kill for that team. I dunno if it's justified or not but the balme will fall on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

God himself could be coaching the Mavs, and it would not have changed the outcome of this game. A coach can only do so much.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:07 AM

I was rooting for the Mavs simply because I don't want to watch the Warriors play anyone else. Going into tonight they were something like 8-2 v. Dallas and 22-22 against the rest of the West?

If they win the next series, good for them, but I don't want to watch a team that specializes in beating one particular opponent and is .500 against everyone else, including teams that aren't even in the postseason.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It goes on Dirk
Kobe scored more last year and he was intentionally not trying to shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Dal doesn't still have this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reverse Psychology FTW!!!!

GG Mavs.

GG MVP Dirk.

Go Suns Go Warriors...would be the most awesome WCF eva.

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are going to love listening to rj later...

[/ QUOTE ]Why does everyone call him RJ? Is that his real name or something?

wow this is just embarrassing for dirk. he's a star player, but i guess not the type that can carry a team on his book. i think the mavs need to blow up their lineup and bring an all star to compliment dirk.

[ QUOTE ]
Dirk - 2 for 13. The 2 isn't the bad part, the 13 is. When you're the MVP, you HAVE to take more than 13 shots in an elimination game. If they're not dropping, they're not dropping. It happens. But that stat line basically says you're not trying.

[/ QUOTE ]He wasn't doing anything the whole game. He was so static on offense and he did a horrible job of boxing out and rebounding. 10 rebounds! Bah, box some [censored] out Dirk, you fools got destroyed on the glass!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My point was that it's ignorant if you to act like all of these OAK fans aren't basketball fans. They've had great fans for some time now, despite no winning record for the past 13 or whatever years.

[/ QUOTE ] Actually its not ignorant. Them having a [censored] team for a while means that their core base of fans is not large, and a large % there are probably bandwaggoners who probably don't watch many NBA games. People boo all the time when the falls are borderline or missed, and why not! However when I see fans booing outright properly called fouls then that tells me they aren't just simply caught up in the game, they all know very little about the actual rules.

I don't have beef with you. If I have beef with anyone is Snoop, the [censored] poseur. He is a damn Laker fan!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right about Snoop but why are you hating their fans. This team has had support for a while with a crappy team. Maybe they have bandwagoners now but they still had a pretty big base atleast in the Bay Area their home. They didn't have problem selling tickets.

[/ QUOTE ]I actually went to a game in Golden State vs Utah in January of 2006. I'd say that it was a completely average atmosphere and nothing special at all.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was rooting for the Mavs simply because I don't want to watch the Warriors play anyone else. Going into tonight they were something like 8-2 v. Dallas and 22-22 against the rest of the West?

If they win the next series, good for them, but I don't want to watch a team that specializes in beating one particular opponent and is .500 against everyone else, including teams that aren't even in the postseason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do people still not realize that they were destroyed by injuries... and there was a giant ass trade that completely changed their team midseason. Look at their record after the trade with a healthy lineup.