Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which has been JaBlue's most embarrassing OP to date?
The one where he almost throws a jar of piss at a car 1 2.17%
The one where he can't be bothered to go to a funeral even though it means a lot to his dad 28 60.87%
The one where he wants to let snakes loose in a theater 2 4.35%
The one where he tells his grandmother to go [censored] herself 13 28.26%
Other (please specify) 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD***

I took my car in for repairs this morning and the shop called me an hour later to say they won't repair it. They said that it was involved in a previous accident (unbeknownst to me) and the repair work on that accident was "a hack job"; thus, they can't guarantee any repairs they make, thus, they won't touch it.

I'm so sick of dealing with this, I think I'm just gonna repair it for the sake of upping the trade-in $$ I'll get for it and then buy a new one. This new revelation has kinda turned me off to the idea of buying a used car I know nothing about, so I guess it's back to either leasing or buying a new car.

American cars suck according to Frank (and I guess by reputation as well), so what models are hot? I see tons and tons of new cars on the freeway every day (I guess that Silicon Valley pays pretty well) and I see a lot of Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans which look alright and are probably affordable.

FishSticks: It's not rigged, but there's like a 98% chance that some players on the site have, possibly with help from Absolute or possibly on their own, devised a way to see others' hole cards.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm so sick of dealing with this, I think I'm just gonna repair it for the sake of upping the trade-in $$ I'll get for it and then buy a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a fallacy. You will be lucky to get back the cost of any major repairs in a trade-in situation. Just offer it as is and see what the dealer will give you for it.

My advice is to look at Accords and Camrys. They are dependable and tend to hold their value. Then in 2 years you can upgrade to a more balla ride.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys -

I've been away from 2p2 for a little bit, and I come back to find all these goings on about Absolute being RIGGED.

Can a familiar face that's been following the story tell me if it's actually rigged or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very likely yes. The probability of someone going on that kind of run is astronomical.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's just a clam grill that's designed for making hot sandwiches like tuna melts and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

so underrated in general
Old 09-21-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a fallacy. You will be lucky to get back the cost of any major repairs in a trade-in situation. Just offer it as is and see what the dealer will give you for it.

My advice is to look at Accords and Camrys. They are dependable and tend to hold their value. Then in 2 years you can upgrade to a more balla ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kelley Blue Book trade-in values depending on car condition:

Excellent $2,250
Good $1,895
Fair $1,300

I've already filed a claim with the insurance company so I'm fairly sure my rates are going up no matter what. Right now the car is significantly worse than "fair" condition, and getting it repaired will, for the cost of my $500 deductible, push it somewhere between "good" and "excellent." Sounds like a +EV investment assuming those values are accurate.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:55 PM

Only advice I will give you Goofy, is that you may want to look at the 07's for the Accord.

I have a friend who sells for Honda and they are blowing out all the 07's at invoice or below because the 08's are just coming out. Should have a much better price, vs buying the brand new model.

That and the fact I always distrust any brand new model, since the first year is the year they work out all the kinks with the design.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:13 PM

LOL while i may not have the phyisque of mr EMc (teh bouncer), i can assure you i can take care of myself.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 PM

That sucks about the hand Orange. I just hurt my face recently, trying to do a gainer for the first time on grass (youtube gainer). I smashed the gap between my eyebrows and it's all cut up, and there is an outline around my eye and forehead, kinda sucks. But, I just tell people I got kicked in the face. At least I didn't break my nose.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:01 PM

Pics please - video if possible
Old 09-21-2007, 05:17 PM

Orange, tell people that these douchebags

were badmouthing Nebraska football. In the process of beating them senseless, you cut your hand on their hair.
Closed Thread