Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on your team?
Sean Taylor 4 26.67%
Troy Polamolu 11 73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: July PT 2(LC/NC)**

welp imma try to win another mtt today. playin tha stars mill, ftp 500k, and the ub 200k. plan on winning one or two of those and callin it quits for the month obv. lol.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:32 PM

So I'm finally at the SPR chapter in PNL1. The authors lay out a pretty convincing argument that an SPR of 13 is basically your worst possible position to be in for TPTK type of hands.

In our typical 100bb stack 6max online games we typically raise 4bb and usually get it heads-up on the flop, which puts us in exactly that 13 SPR spot. This strikes me as pretty significant since TPTK hands (AK-AJ, possibly KQ) are the ones we most frequently raise so our most standard recurring situation is one that is explictly identified as most akward with reagard to SPR.

Do we have to make fundamental changes about our approach to this game? Does anyone have any ideas regarding this situation?
Old 07-29-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm finally at the SPR chapter in PNL1. The authors lay out a pretty convincing argument that an SPR of 13 is basically your worst possible position to be in for TPTK type of hands.

In our typical 100bb stack 6max online games we typically raise 4bb and usually get it heads-up on the flop, which puts us in exactly that 13 SPR spot. This strikes me as pretty significant since TPTK hands (AK-AJ, possibly KQ) are the ones we most frequently raise so our most standard recurring situation is one that is explictly identified as most akward with reagard to SPR.

Do we have to make fundamental changes about our approach to this game? Does anyone have any ideas regarding this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with AJ-AQ and KQ, but AK is in a different situation.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the SPR with AK is still 13. AK is a little bit better because we have a bigger chance of being ahead when we get raised on the turn but the akwardness of being threatened with a turn raise when holding AK TPTK is still there.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
welp imma try to win another mtt today. playin tha stars mill, ftp 500k, and the ub 200k. plan on winning one or two of those and callin it quits for the month obv. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]i have gobboboys ass sitting to my direct right on tha ub and bonafone has raymer and fischmen at his table. lolol.

edit: just got two outered in tha [censored] million. down to only 5k chips. sigh

re edit: doubled up with JJ on the AJA53 board. back to starting stack
Old 07-29-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the SPR with AK is still 13. AK is a little bit better because we have a bigger chance of being ahead when we get raised on the turn but the akwardness of being threatened with a turn raise when holding AK TPTK is still there.

[/ QUOTE ]

ARRR IN [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

On a serious note, AKs and AKo are in my top 6 for BB/hand lifetime and AKo is 4th in my net money with it.

Im not afraid of it and will continue to stack people with it.

like I said, the other hands TPTK, TPGK are a different bunch.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i have gobboboys ass sitting to my direct right on tha ub and bonafone has raymer and fischmen at his table. lolol.

edit: just got two outered in tha [censored] million. down to only 5k chips. sigh

re edit: doubled up with JJ on the AJA53 board. back to starting stack

[/ QUOTE ]

Win ANOTHER mtt?
Old 07-29-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ARRR IN [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

On a serious note, AKs and AKo are in my top 6 for BB/hand lifetime and AKo is 4th in my net money with it.

Im not afraid of it and will continue to stack people with it.

like I said, the other hands TPTK, TPGK are a different bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not disagreeing, AK shows a healthy profit here, too. The akwardness of the situation is offset by opponents stacking off with Ax. The general problem is still the same, though.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
won my first mtt today. yayayaya. to bad it was a small one and only for a seat in the 550 on abso. but basically won 550. imma sell my action on tha tourney i think so basically made 550 off that. maybe i should quit stupid ass cash games and mtt it up. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

ship it. Ya cash games are rigged.

[/ QUOTE ] here ya go thac. u musta missed it. (just won a satelite to a 550 on abso)

in tha million KK<55 aipf for like 19k chips. gg me. guess im consolodating all bad beats to every tourney but tha 500k.

EDIT: still consolodating. AQ<AT in tha ub.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:47 PM

wtf is with all the vid threads
Closed Thread