Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: uncontrollable

[ QUOTE ]
Beat: I tried and couldnt fall asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
busto soon lol

hahahahahahahaha grimm is going to be working as pizza hut

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2007, 05:43 AM

Man that Rosa Kato avatar always makes me smile. [censored] Japanese.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:02 AM

so hypothetically...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&amp;vc=1
Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
busto soon lol

hahahahahahahaha grimm is going to be working as pizza hut

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars Game #12266913800: Hold'em No Limit ($5/$10) - 2007/09/25 - 17:41:45 (ET)
Table 'Arachne' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Grimstarr ($704 in chips)
Seat 2: Braisss ($495 in chips)
Braisss: posts small blind $5
Grimstarr: posts big blind $10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Braisss: raises $20 to $30
Grimstarr: raises $50 to $80
Braisss: calls $50
*** FLOP *** [Jh Jc 9s]
Grimstarr: bets $70
Braisss: calls $70
*** TURN *** [Jh Jc 9s] [6h]
Grimstarr: bets $120
Braisss: calls $120
*** RIVER *** [Jh Jc 9s 6h] [4c]
Grimstarr: bets $434 and is all-in
Braisss: calls $225 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Grimstarr: shows [Ac Ad] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
Braisss: shows [Jd 4h] (a full house, Jacks full of Fours)
Braisss collected $989.50 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $990 | Rake $0.50
Board [Jh Jc 9s 6h 4c]
Seat 1: Grimstarr (big blind) showed [Ac Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Jacks
Seat 2: Braisss (button) (small blind) showed [Jd 4h] and won ($989.50) with a full house, Jacks full of Fours

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome too, surprised it got no love..... (not the hand itself ldo)
Old 09-26-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars Game #12266913800: Hold'em No Limit ($5/$10) - 2007/09/25 - 17:41:45 (ET)
Table 'Arachne' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Grimstarr ($704 in chips)
Seat 2: Braisss ($495 in chips)
Braisss: posts small blind $5
Grimstarr: posts big blind $10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Braisss: raises $20 to $30
Grimstarr: raises $50 to $80
Braisss: calls $50
*** FLOP *** [Jh Jc 9s]
Grimstarr: bets $70
Braisss: calls $70
*** TURN *** [Jh Jc 9s] [6h]
Grimstarr: bets $120
Braisss: calls $120
*** RIVER *** [Jh Jc 9s 6h] [4c]
Grimstarr: bets $434 and is all-in
Braisss: calls $225 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Grimstarr: shows [Ac Ad] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
Braisss: shows [Jd 4h] (a full house, Jacks full of Fours)
Braisss collected $989.50 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $990 | Rake $0.50
Board [Jh Jc 9s 6h 4c]
Seat 1: Grimstarr (big blind) showed [Ac Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Jacks
Seat 2: Braisss (button) (small blind) showed [Jd 4h] and won ($989.50) with a full house, Jacks full of Fours

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome too, surprised it got no love..... (not the hand itself ldo)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, totally missed this
Old 09-26-2007, 02:47 PM

Default random

it's tough peaking at such a young age because I will always have a difficult time finding greater satisfaction in the future. peaking is the wrong word because that must mean everything is downhill from here and that can't be true.

you can't take other peoples advice forever. don't get me wrong because I really do appreciate other people's advice, but how can they know what is best for me if they don't even know enough about me. but it is important to surround yourself with these people who you can trust and whos advice you can consider but not necessarily always take. I guess this is what keeps me in Croton: the fact that I am surrounded by people I can trust or at least I think I can trust. that has been my problem recently. I have been trusting people too easily and getting myself [censored] over when I least expect it. of course the easiest solution is to trust nobody but that will turn me into a hermit which seems to be happening as I type at this moment

in the business of gambling, it is best always have a pessimistic outlook and that came natural to me. everytime you get your money in, if you expect to win and you do win it seems like no big deal - but if you lose which will eventually happen if you are gambling then it will be painful. but if you really expect to lose everytime you get your money in and you lose it seems like no big deal - but if you win the joy can be tremendous. I find myself rooting for them to win everytime I get the money in, good or bad. what is really important though is to not allow this pessimism to leak over into other aspects of life.

it's not how much money you have, but how you spend it that is important. I've had a very stingy outlook towards money most of my life because when I was young, I never really had much like any younger should. when I started winning small, I would always try to save, save, save and build a bigger bankroll to be able to play higher and higher. until just recently I continued to have that mindstate. whenever someone heard of some numbers from a recent win or loss they will tell me what I should have bought with it. but I never bought anything. I just kept saving and saving. that gets way too boring. what satisfacton can you get at looking at a picture of a number? at first it seemed cool but now? not much really. it reminds me of a squirrels mentality of constantly collecting nuts or acorns or whatever it is they collect and piling them up waiting for winter. this can all be proved by the fact that I don't even have my own car yet.

I spoke with a friend recently who just lost everything gambling. he told me "didnt know that one bad decision would screw me over 4 life" and that really scared me. he has always had trouble with money managment and basically lost it all playing 300-600nl with a 2 buyin bankroll. 2 [censored] buy in bankroll. luckily I have a little more sense than him but I am starting to experience similar problems myself. at least before the biggest games I could find were 10-20 and 25-50nl but nowadays it's just too easy to take an open seat at 200-400 or 300-600. and even if I did have a sufficent roll for that I woul still have the temptation to play 4k/8k at bellagio. the swings are huge up there and I definately don't feel comfortable gambling like that however, time after time again I find myself doing it
Old 09-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Default gg

I wish I read the above note before I played bwankawonk and perky. lol what funny names. long story short each of them got 400 from me. click your mouse lose your house. gg life.

doing much better lately though but am liquid busto which is really embarrassing but kind of funny. now I am able to relate to al the people I hang with who are always bitchin about every dollar they spend. still haven't decided what I am doing this fall. architetcture is a real piece of work and it's going to take me another like 6 years before I can even write my name on my work which is pretty [censored] wack. plus I don't think I could take the whole daily grind 9-5 for $40k or whatever the [censored] they make a year. I'd probably lose my mind quicker doing that than what I'm doing now.

but I probably lost it already at when i took that shot at cap 500-1 LOL!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: gg

^^ both from Grim's facebook, Apr 10 and Jul 8, respectively.