Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Moss playing like this is >>>>>>>>>>> Marvin, Reggie.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.
Before Moss started playing with Brady, nobody would've thought that he was as good as even just Wayne(for 2007, obviously he was better in the past).

Strikingly similar to how Billicheck went from sub .500 coach with one winning season in 5 to "genius" as soon as he got Brady.

Or how the Pats defense suddenly becamse great.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. So your argument is Daunte Culpepper, Randall Cunningham, and Tom Brady are the three greatest QBs of all time?

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? No. I said that Moss used to be great. My point was that before this season NOBODY would've said that Moss was better than either Wayne or Harrison right now. Then he goes and plays with Brady and all of a sudden hes better than both of them put together.

Kinda like how Welker is now all of a sudden one of the best slot WRs in the game. Or how Watson is a top 5 TE. Or how Bellicheck is a top 5 coach of all time. When these guys first started playing with Brady, nobody thought nearly that much of them. Its not a coincidence.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.
Before Moss started playing with Brady, nobody would've thought that he was as good as even just Wayne(for 2007, obviously he was better in the past).

Strikingly similar to how Billicheck went from sub .500 coach with one winning season in 5 to "genius" as soon as he got Brady.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. So your argument is Daunte Culpepper, Randall Cunningham, and Tom Brady are the three greatest QBs of all time?

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? No. I said that Moss used to be great. My point was that before this season NOBODY would've said that Moss was better than either Wayne or Harrison right now. Then he goes and plays with Brady and all of a sudden hes better than both of them put together.

Kinda like how Welker is now all of a sudden one of the best slot WRs in the game. Or how Watson is a top 5 TE. Or how Bellicheck is a top 5 coach of all time. When these guys first started playing with Brady, nobody thought nearly that much of them. Its not a coincidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people would have said Moss>Harrison after his first four seasons playing with Cunningham and Culpepper. Then he went and caught passes from Aaron Brooks for a while. If you are trying to imply that it is Brady who makes Moss so awesome and not Moss who makes Brady so awesome (when obviously its a bit of both) then you are stuck with the performance Moss put up on those Vikings teams.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Update:

7 games
2154 yards
27 TDs
2 INTs
169/229(75.11%)
138.44 QB rating

On pace for 4923 yards and 62 TDs. Still waiting for the dropoff....

[/ QUOTE ]

So this week is when you take a whooping for your VY mancrush, and next week will be the week you take a whooping for your Brady mancrush?

Obv the Pats are still going to win next week and Brady will still play well but there is almost certainly going to be a dropoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Huh??? You're not even making sense to me. How did I take a whooping for my VY mancrush? He didn't play. His team improved to 1-1 without him this year by beating a mediocre team by 2 points. What does that prove? That they can go .500 without him?

I'm not a fan of either of these QBs actually. I'm a Skins fan, and I"ll be rooting like crazy for Brady to suck it up against them. I just recognize their talent.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Update:

7 games
2154 yards
27 TDs
2 INTs
169/229(75.11%)
138.44 QB rating

[/ QUOTE ]

So this week is when you take a whooping for your VY mancrush, and next week will be the week you take a whooping for your Brady mancrush?

Obv the Pats are still going to win next week and Brady will still play well but there is almost certainly going to be a dropoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh??? You're not even making sense to me. How did I take a whooping for my VY mancrush? He didn't play. His team improved to 1-1 without him this year by beating a mediocre team by 2 points. What does that prove? That they can go .500 without him?

I'm not a fan of either of these QBs actually. I'm a Skins fan, and I"ll be rooting like crazy for Brady to suck it up against them. I just recognize their talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what we saw for sure today was that Kerry Collins "just wins." Or else we saw that the QB position is less relevant in TEN than in possibly any city in the NFL. Which was the point people were trying to make to you over and over again in that VY thread. Not just that but Collins put up 280 yards and they scored 38 points. Where was that when VY was under center? I thought the WRs sucked?
Old 10-21-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people would have said Moss>Harrison after his first four seasons playing with Cunningham and Culpepper. Then he went and caught passes from Aaron Brooks for a while. If you are trying to imply that it is Brady who makes Moss so awesome and not Moss who makes Brady so awesome (when obviously its a bit of both) then you are stuck with the performance Moss put up on those Vikings teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaron Brooks, while never a great real life QB, was a very good fantasy QB for a number of years. Acting as if having him as your QB hurts your WRs stats is a completely indefensible viewpoint. THE COMMON PERCEPTION was that Moss was no longer the WR he used to be. You're lying if you don't admit that. Why do you think his trade value was so low?

Yes, Moss helps Brady. I'm not denying that. But I find it ridiculous to make statemts like "Moss >>> Harrison and Wayne put together" when its clear that nobody ever would've thought that coming into the season.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Update:

7 games
2154 yards
27 TDs
2 INTs
169/229(75.11%)
138.44 QB rating

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what we saw for sure today was that Kerry Collins "just wins." Or else we saw that the QB position is less relevant in TEN than in possibly any city in the NFL. Which was the point people were trying to make to you over and over again in that VY thread. Not just that but Collins put up 280 yards and they scored 38 points. Where was that when VY was under center? I thought the WRs sucked?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kerry Collins went 0-3 last year and 1-1 this year. I'm still 100% failing to see what point you could possibly be trying to make. Are you really arguing that ONE WIN proves that Tennessee doesn't need VY?

I never said that the Titans couldn't win a single game without VY. I just said that they weren't nearly as good of a team(many people actually considered them to be a bottom 3 team in the NFL last year before VY took over). And with VY they're a very good team.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:46 PM

lol assaniments.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before Moss started playing with Brady, nobody would've thought that he was as good as even just Wayne

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THE COMMON PERCEPTION was that Moss was no longer the WR he used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
many people actually considered them to be a bottom 3 team in the NFL last year before VY took over

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you place a such an importance on popular perceptions and offseason chatter in your evaluation of players?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before Moss started playing with Brady, nobody would've thought that he was as good as even just Wayne

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THE COMMON PERCEPTION was that Moss was no longer the WR he used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
many people actually considered them to be a bottom 3 team in the NFL last year before VY took over

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you place a such an importance on popular perceptions and offseason chatter in your evaluation of players?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't simply "popular opinion"...EVERYONE thought those things. NFL GMs didn't think Moss was worth much anymore, as evidenced by his low trade value. Now if you think you know more than NFL GMs, then you definitely know more than me and I'll just shut up and listen to what you have to say.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:40 PM

Assani,

The reason it was a 4th round pick was because the Raiders had no leverage. Moss only wanted to go to NE, it was the only place he was going to fix his contract. He wasn't going to fix his contract for anywhere else. Raiders got what they could for him.

This has been gone over a thousand times on the Jags site because Jags fans wanted him desperately.