Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which has been JaBlue's most embarrassing OP to date?
The one where he almost throws a jar of piss at a car 1 2.17%
The one where he can't be bothered to go to a funeral even though it means a lot to his dad 28 60.87%
The one where he wants to let snakes loose in a theater 2 4.35%
The one where he tells his grandmother to go [censored] herself 13 28.26%
Other (please specify) 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD***

Shpanko,
I hope you've learned your lesson.
Not exactly sure what lesson you're suuposed to have learned, but there's got to be one in there.

Also, chicks dig scars.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:12 AM

Clayton,
I don't have a problem with the poker player thing at all. Maybe it's because I'm clean cut and look a little too mainstream and harmless. Poker lends me a bit of a "bad boy" vibe that I otherwise wouldn't have. You'd think conservative Bible Belt girls would eat that [censored] up, especially younger ones who shouldn't be looking for a husband yet.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:36 AM

Clay,

I've never had a bad reaction to telling someone I play poker for a living. Women usually get really enthusiastic and interested by it. Maybe this is a US vs europe thing.

If it's a problem then just give people jokey/bs answers; you're a paperclip repair man, a pro roshambo player. Then say you're traveling for a year. Mystery = good, yes?
Old 09-02-2007, 09:47 AM

It might be a Europe thing, but when I tell people (I don't tell many people), I get this look like I'm throwing my life away and they wanna look up the Gambler's Anonymous Hotline number on their phone so they can give it to me before I lose another dollar.

It has a real negative stigma in my part of the country and I'm sure a lot of other parts too. People still see poker as an underground New York club, gamblers and last-ditch shot-takers that will get murdered if they don't pay their debts to their loan sharks or bookies or whatever.

Meh, whatever. I've only told like 10 people or so, but my family/friends tell everyone. It kinda sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 09:53 AM

You are soooo going to hell thac ... you degen !
Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 AM

[censored] me. I just went to the bank to deposit money because I thought it was Monday. Yeah, turns out today's Sunday.

It wouldn't matter even if it WAS Monday because the banks are closed for Labor Day.

I really, really gotta read a newspaper or something in the morning.

Gelford - everyone seems to think so. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 10:11 AM

Both in Germany and Japan, people actually had trouble believing that I could make money playing poker online. It's outside what they consider possible (like telling someone you play Madden or Starcraft for a living). Once they believed, they thought it was cool.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Gelford - everyone seems to think so. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you still have your job, then repend you sinner, go to church, tell everybody that you have realized your wrongful ways and keep quiet (that is if Liz can keep quiet too)

Northern Europe doesn't have much religious mumbo jumbo going on, which is nice for some one like me .... and in the east (most likely too in the south) where the catholic church is strong, they just keep their mouths shut and scam, cheat and gamble away if need be ... that is the trick, don't brag! (if you are catholic, you might have to confess some day, but ...)

(No offence intended and no animals where hurt during the typing of this post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 09-02-2007, 10:23 AM

Haha I don't have my job anymore (I haven't for almost 2 months now). I'm a semi-pro grinder while I get my degree.

(It's Lys, not Liz [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 09-02-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It might be a Europe thing, but when I tell people (I don't tell many people), I get this look like I'm throwing my life away and they wanna look up the Gambler's Anonymous Hotline number on their phone so they can give it to me before I lose another dollar.

It has a real negative stigma in my part of the country and I'm sure a lot of other parts too. People still see poker as an underground New York club, gamblers and last-ditch shot-takers that will get murdered if they don't pay their debts to their loan sharks or bookies or whatever.

Meh, whatever. I've only told like 10 people or so, but my family/friends tell everyone. It kinda sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I know what you mean, I have my brother and dad always comenting on "oh he is not in a good mood, he's down today" and "How much you lose today?" I really dont mind them bugging me, because that is what my family does when they are trying to fix, or test a flaw but I really think it bothers them when I say I just lose 1k today. Which is why I just smooth it out and say I made $200-$400 or lost $100-$200 today, casue I think the varience puts them on tilt lol.

Clayton - That is wierd that you have a problem with girls digging your poker skills, maybe your just not presenting it right. Try doing something like, "I make money off peoples mistakes by playing better then them, and I'm doing this so I can get some money to buy a business soon" Something respectable that people will like. But you have to judge because some girls like it more when you say you made 1k today [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Shpanko - Sick spill man, had that happen to me a few times. Didnt end up as bad as you but hey the chick is going to dig you a [censored] load more just because you "saved" her from the fall lol.
Closed Thread