Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Worst looks for guys that you see all the time

[ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that a decent percentage of OOT would think I looked like a douchebag because of my fashion choices. Note: I'm a 22 year old student.

I wear jeans shorts a lot, though I am swaying more and more toward just wearing jeans. I wear short sleeve button up shirts (the more casual kind, not the dressy kind).

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't look like a douchebag you just look like a huge dork
Old 08-21-2007, 10:56 AM

Shrug. I find them more suitable than athletic shorts and sometimes it is hot. And miajag, did you not read my post? I was pretty much saying I was the subject of this thread, which is why I posted.

I do think a lot of you are seriously undervaluing age and region in this discussion. Jean shorts are pretty common for people my age in this region. While this may not change the fact I look like a huge dork, it makes people around me overlook that fact more than you gents would.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:00 AM

anything guidos wear. i've never seen so much effort put into looking like that much of a tewl.

also crocs
Old 08-21-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh yah, crocs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread over.

Seriously, WTF with the crocs, people. I'd be surprised if the tag on them when you purchase a pair doesn't say "Will Be Outdated Within 2 Years, You Will Laugh For An Entire Generation About People Who Thought These Looked Even Remotely Good At All"

I mean I'm often in favor of comfort over style in some respects, but once a guy actually steps foot into a pair of crocs, he has basically just admitted that he's 100% comfort, 0% style, and he might as well spend the rest of his days in drawstring sweatpants, a cotton robe from K-Mart, and never shave again.

[/ QUOTE ]
^
that's me! except for the shaving part, b/c it's actually uncomfortable having a beard
Old 08-21-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shrug. I find them more suitable than athletic shorts and sometimes it is hot. And miajag, did you not read my post? I was pretty much saying I was the subject of this thread, which is why I posted.

I do think a lot of you are seriously undervaluing age and region in this discussion. Jean shorts are pretty common for people my age in this region. While this may not change the fact I look like a huge dork, it makes people around me overlook that fact more than you gents would.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is your geographical location? I live right outside NYC, work in Manhattan, and lived for five years in West Virginia. Honestly, I've only ever thought this looks "good" on young black guys.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:20 AM

btw, where are these Croc shoes popular? I honestly don't think I've ever seen a pair in real life; I had to do a Google image search to see what they look like.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:22 AM

I mainly see families wearing them at tourist-y places like the zoo or Millennium Park.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On shorts:

My brother lived in the Czech Republic for three years. I went to visit him for a month, and the first day I got there I was wearing shorts (standard, khaki cargo shorts). He said, "Do you ever expect to get laid wearing shorts?"

Now, granted CR is home to the orange-capris-on-men look, but I think there's some validity to that statement, depending on what kind of girl you're trying to meet. If you're out of college, I think it's time to hang up the shorts, unless you're vacationing at the beach or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possibly the most retarded line ever. Yes, I want to wear jeans or some sort of dress pant when it's ninety-[censored]-seven degrees out.

How bout I wear those jeans and you follow me around fanning my sweaty balls?
Old 08-21-2007, 11:25 AM

wow, hate for shorts? What the hell is wrong with all of you?

When summertime hits and it's hot out everyday, I wear shorts all the time and I don't have a problem getting laid.

Maybe I'd be having even more sex if I wore jeans and a sweater on a blisteringly hot day? Maybe girls dig that? Shows I'm my own man, f the crowd!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, where are these Croc shoes popular? I honestly don't think I've ever seen a pair in real life; I had to do a Google image search to see what they look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

i live in colorado, and they are everywhere here. Crocs is headquarter in colorado. it's so disgusting. some of my friends wear them too... with white socks.

on the other hand, one of my biggest clients benefits from their popularity, so my feelings are torn. but they're still ugly as [censored]