Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread

Mr. Rick,

I am ecstatic you found my two favorite hands but unfortunately Hobbs is right.

From my original post in the July Low-Content Thread:

[ QUOTE ]
For those not in the know:

72o = the hammer
42s = Big Gamble
53s = Little Gamble

I'm pretty whatever about the hammer because it's pretty weak with its lack of straight and flush draws and the fact that everbody "knows" its the weakest hand in holdem, so its forgivable that you pass on that hand here and there, kind of like how you'd sometimes 3-bet or fold AJo.

However, it is absolutely unforgivable to ever fold Big or Little Gamble before the flop for any amount of bets. In fact, they are the perfect coldcalling 3 hands because when good players call 3 cold, people will always put you on QQ, JJ, or AK, so you gain a lot of deception value by balancing your range out because in limit holdem the most important thing is to not be readable and of course its so damn fun to announce your hand at showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-13-2007, 03:11 PM

the shammer is better than all of those hands.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the shammer is better than all of those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK I'll bite. 32s ?

Edit: Never mind. Suited hammer. Shammer. I play poker like this too. I call and then ten minutes later I realize why I should have folded/raised.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:40 PM

Card dead for 4 hours --> Regression to the Mean.
Foxwoods 20:
Preflop(9 handed): Hero raises AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG, UTG+1 3-bets, 5 coldcallers, Hero caps(sup bitches), All call.

Flop(7 players): Q94 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, 2 coldcallers, Hero 3-bets, All call.

Turn(4 players): [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Bet, calls, SHIPIPPIPIIPIPI IT.

Variance: I was freerolling UTG+1.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop(9 handed): Hero raises AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG, UTG+1 3-bets, 5 coldcallers

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never seen this kind of action/stupidity at 10/20 in ac. apparently i'm missing out.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop(9 handed): Hero raises AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG, UTG+1 3-bets, 5 coldcallers

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never seen this kind of action/stupidity at 10/20 in ac. apparently i'm missing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never seen this kind of action/stupidity at 10/20 in Foxwoods . apparently i'm missing out.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never seen this kind of action/stupidity at 10/20 in Foxwoods . apparently i'm missing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to recall 2 hands involving 52s at our table yesterday that approached this kind of action/stupidity (particularly the 5 seat). To be fair, the 20 game yesterday was even kinda ridiculous by Foxwoods standards.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:52 PM

This
Preflop:
MP limps, Hero raises JT [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in CO, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop:
Q94[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checks, Hero bets, SB/BB fold, MP calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check behind.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
MP bets, Hero raises, MP folds.

Leads to this
Preflop:
MP limps, Same villain limps in HJ, I raise AA[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Folds to MP who calls. HJ reraises, I cap. All call.

Flop:T76[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, Donks call.

Turn:4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, HJ calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
HJ donks, I raise, HJ turns to me and says "I think I'm going to try you once more." I call and he shows AKo.

Note: I already know that I'm not representing anything legit in Hand 1 and my hand doesn't make sense. Didn't matter to me.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:55 PM

August goal update:

After a monster weekend at foxwoods I'm sitting at +$4600 for the month to date with a session planned for today. Now all it takes is to continue running hot as [censored] for the rest of the month and $12k will be no prob.

ps. coming out to LA tomorrow and staying through Sunday. Will hopefully come by commerce once or twice during that time.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to recall 2 hands involving 52s at our table yesterday that approached this kind of action/stupidity (particularly the 5 seat). To be fair, the 20 game yesterday was even kinda ridiculous by Foxwoods standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you? Are you talking about Sunday night with the 7-8 ways capped with 54o winning at showdown table? Are you that surfer dude with the purple/green shirts?
Closed Thread