Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: OK, Here\'s The Truth

[ QUOTE ]
I went to some the Pokerstars lounge last year went DS was giving a poker seminar. It turned out to be for total noobs and blatant promotion for his book. Anyways, he kept talking about things in terms of small blinds. Like he would say if you are on the button and you have 20 small blinds it might be correct to go allin with whatever you are holding. My friends and I were pretty confused by his reference to small blinds rather than big blinds.

Cleary this is relevant to this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe thats why he offered a 100/200 $5000 freezeout. After all that is 50 small blinds.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:49 PM

Go David! I'm pulling for you. During my mid-life crisis, the twenty-five year olds were nearly over the hill. Chase all the young pussy you can, while there is time.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
David,

"Let me know who wants to lay 6-5 against her after I'm done."

What is the wager?

[/ QUOTE ]

NLH. 5K freezeout. 100-200 blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

David.

I will play in a 5k freezeout against brandi if we make it 10/20 or 25/50 blinds. With 100/200 blinds it will be too much of a crapshoot. I also object to the giving of odds in this match, if you think you could coach her into being a good player then she shouldn't deserve odds.

I will play this if you give my your word that you will not be speaking to Brandi while the match is being played. I have no way of proving that you are not coaching her as the match would be played online but I will trust you on your honor as a gambler that no one will give her advice while the match is being played.

I have sent you a PM about setting up this match. Please let me know when you want it to be played.

-Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be a live match. I'm just wondering how David came up with the 6/5 odds. if she really turned 1k into 200k with his tutoring as she claims then we should be getting at least 4/1.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
David,

"Let me know who wants to lay 6-5 against her after I'm done."

What is the wager?

[/ QUOTE ]

NLH. 5K freezeout. 100-200 blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

David.

I will play in a 5k freezeout against brandi if we make it 10/20 or 25/50 blinds. With 100/200 blinds it will be too much of a crapshoot. I also object to the giving of odds in this match, if you think you could coach her into being a good player then she shouldn't deserve odds.

I will play this if you give my your word that you will not be speaking to Brandi while the match is being played. I have no way of proving that you are not coaching her as the match would be played online but I will trust you on your honor as a gambler that no one will give her advice while the match is being played.

I have sent you a PM about setting up this match. Please let me know when you want it to be played.

-Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be a live match. I'm just wondering how David came up with the 6/5 odds. if she really turned 1k into 200k with his tutoring as she claims then we should be getting at least 4/1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you will find the answer to the $1K--->$200K puzzle in the SMP forum thread "Did I Do Wrong?" - just requires a little bit of extrapolation.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no romantic relationship with her although I suppose it would be quite possible I could fall for her if I wasn't taken and there was not that age problem. Still she looks good for being 25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a great god damn line [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2007, 06:21 PM

David,

How about 5k NLH freezeout, 25-50 blinds?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe he thought those were the best odds he could give and still have several people jump at the bet w/out thinking theyre losing much of an edge. i saw he got at least one person to bite at those odds.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate writing posts like this ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad. This may be the best piece of writing you've ever done. Seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
....I suppose it would be quite possible I could fall for her if I wasn't taken and there was not that age problem. Still she looks good for being 25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your best joke ever.

[ QUOTE ]
Brandi has potential, is quite smart and I believe has a good heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I think the same thing about you. It sounds like you're telling her things she needs to hear. I hope she respects you enough to listen and turns herself around.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:40 PM

Thanks for confirming that your lunatic posts in SSF weren't a fluke.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over/Under set at 374 replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to take the sucker bet.

Under!