Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Paris out of jail already

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Mason will have some good insight in this thread someone should PM him so he can post in it.
People saying GWB are also really funny just for fun what is the probability of becoming president given your father was the president? It gave him a start in politics, but it didn't automatically make him president. Also please don't respond with Well he was able to butcher a war by himself that is very hard to do LOLZ!!!!!!! or Well it is tough for a retard to graduate from Yale and win the election ROFLMAO or etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, he graduated with a C- average from Yale (according to everything I have heard in the past, if this is wrong I'll gladly rescind this point). I have no idea if grade inflation was prevalent back then too in the Ivies, but if so that degrades this even more. I have no problem saying I could graduate with a C- average from any undergraduate program from any university in the world, and saying that someone is smart for doing so, no matter where they go to school, is ridiculous. What is that, like a 1.5? As far as winning the election, he, or someone close to him, did surround him with the right people (Rove, etc.). This was smart no doubt, but can't be completely attributed to him at all.

Note that any time he had to think for himself (debates, etc.) he comes off horribly. I know all that matters in life is results, and he is President, but I really think he may have just hit the perfect time for his dumbed-down Christian rhetoric to make him famous. Then there is his general performance as President, which also leaves quite a bit to be desired almost irregardless of what side of the aisle you are on. I agree that most public figures who seem stupid are generally much more intelligent than they're given credit for, but I'm really not sure about George W.

[/ QUOTE ]

While he has gotten lucky both by circumstance and because his father was president his success is also a byproduct of himself and not solely circumstance. If that were the case I would imagine there would be more than one presidential son who would come into office. I conclude that variance and luck are responsible for tons of things, but to assume that Bush just got lucky and didn't succeed or use his skills well is just wrong imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much the same argument about Paris applied to somebody else, with no better reasoning.

His dad was described as someone who was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. The son has had it even easier by far(didn't have to go to war, didn't have jobs that took substantial work, got into his own personal wealth and out of financial ruin without any real work of his own, etc.).

A fairer thing to say than, how many other kids with a dad for president became presidents is, how many other kids with a dad for senator became senators or something just as good, or CEO's or something just as good? It happens plenty. For most of history, it's been extremely common.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:17 PM

lol CNN was airing a commercial for HILTON hotels , right after their coverage of paris going back to jail ...classic
Old 06-08-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Mason will have some good insight in this thread someone should PM him so he can post in it.
People saying GWB are also really funny just for fun what is the probability of becoming president given your father was the president? It gave him a start in politics, but it didn't automatically make him president. Also please don't respond with Well he was able to butcher a war by himself that is very hard to do LOLZ!!!!!!! or Well it is tough for a retard to graduate from Yale and win the election ROFLMAO or etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is obviously a underhanded attack on Matt Sklansky.

Lets be clear, Matt is a great mod, even if he is a legacy pick.

Stop the hate.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And didnt El D say in a post one time she wasnt even going to get [censored] in inheritance and she was basically just middle class before she got famous?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was TT, which should SUBSTANTIALLY change your opinion on that statement's correctness.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:06 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k66epna2Sss"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k66epna2Sss" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 06-08-2007, 06:15 PM

Poll on news.bbc.co.uk :

VOTE RESULTS
Should Paris Hilton serve her sentence in jail?
Yes
94.07%
No
4.00%
Don't know
1.93%
25889 Votes Cast
Results are indicative and may not reflect public opinion
Old 06-08-2007, 06:36 PM

TMZ is really neglecting its duty to keep us informed of every Paris-related development. Scroll from top to bottom here http://www.tmz.com/ and you'll see Paris is hardly mentioned at all. TMZ have really let their public down this time!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:38 PM

Anybody else think the fix was in before she went to jail the first time?

I have no doubt her lawyer, the sheriff and the Beverly Hills shrink cooked this up with plenty of time to spare.

No crying going in the first time followed by plenty of crying on resentencing. Proof enough for me.

I'm more interested in the fallout on the sheriff...around where I live corrupt sheriffs are infallible, but he may go down for this.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ironic tidbit was that his trade is brick mason and the first job he got was working for a contractor putting an addition on a State prison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coincidence.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else think the fix was in before she went to jail the first time?

I have no doubt her lawyer, the sheriff and the Beverly Hills shrink cooked this up with plenty of time to spare.

No crying going in the first time followed by plenty of crying on resentencing. Proof enough for me.

I'm more interested in the fallout on the sheriff...around where I live corrupt sheriffs are infallible, but he may go down for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

His office is a political one, and these guys constantly need money. No big deal to tell him, look, our community really needs a strong leader like yourself. We'll be happy to hold some fund raisers for your upcoming election in six months or whatever. It's our duty as citizens, after all.

Problem solved.