Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Here It Is (Basic Explanation)

I SPEW DONKANATED MONIES
Old 03-04-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AJ,

"that we shouldn't tarnish someone's rep without better evidence."

If Vig is not a scammer, he can take Nick's suggestion and reverse the transactions then give everyone the hospital info and they can donate directly to the hospital against the bills.

Anyone want to make a wager on that happening?

[/ QUOTE ]He has no guarantee that everyone will take the time/effort to do so, or that people won't be sketched out by everything that's happened and refuse to redonate. I don't think he'd do this regardless of whether it's a scam or not, I'm not taking his refusal as proof of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of how he chooses to prove to us that he didn't take the money, he should do *something* to clear his name. He hasn't provided any concrete proof that the money is still there.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm about to go to bed, but i remembered this and thought i'd share with the class first

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird...last blog entry dated 1/26 says:

"Ending Bankroll = $3492.00"

It also says he had just cashed down to $2500. So if that was the case he should have had nothing left in his account after the 27th. Yet he claims the donations were stuck online.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:43 AM

OMG, this is so terrible to read, especially on the heels of such a great story with Barry G. You guys go and did a nice thing donating to this guy and he gambles it away. I'm starting to lose all faith in humanity.

All the evidence points to him playing with the money. The recent legislation made it very convienient to use the excuse "The money is tied up" [censored]. Vig you P.O.S.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:10 AM

BBV,

With Nath presenting us with the information about him dropping 3600$, obviously the chances of him gambling away the money greatly increases.

The only problem with this theory, comes when you look at his pokerdb from the same time period.

01/27/2007 Hold'em NL $50+Rebuys 2 252 $5,119
02/20/2007 Hold'em NL $100 1 309 $7,725
02/04/2007 Hold'em NL $100 6 283 $1,528

He played a lot of tournaments during this time period, and his avg buyin also increased in the time after he received his donations. But it is important to notice that he has been a winning player in MTT's since the day he supposedly went broke that Nath has presented us with.

Therefore, we need to find another instance of him donking off big bundles of money, in order to make it easier to pin down that he actually pissed away the donations. If he pissed away the donations, I think someone from his area should seriously go pay him a visit. I may be up for a road trip if some other posters want to meet me down there.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:23 AM

lol...vig how can you live with yourself?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in order to make it easier to pin down that he actually pissed away the donations. If he pissed away the donations

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the consensus that it's all pissed away? I'm guessing it's just the sessions that Nath poker tracked, so a significant fraction was pissed but the majority is still there.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in order to make it easier to pin down that he actually pissed away the donations. If he pissed away the donations

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the consensus that it's all pissed away? I'm guessing it's just the sessions that Nath poker tracked, so a significant fraction was pissed but the majority is still there.

[/ QUOTE ]Maybe, but that doesn't take away from the fact hes a dick and shouldn't have pissed any away.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:54 AM

Not arguing that, it's just prudent to be specific in situations like these. Hyperbole has no place in a ZOMG SERISS BIZNES discussion.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:03 AM

Mods,
If you're not going to ban dementia, at least give him a title that says "***KNOWN SCAMMER***" or something.

Also, do that to Vig.