Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: citanul let\'s do it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My problem/whatever with this is the following. Many of the complaints about the heavier handed moderation (which btw hasn't really had to be used at all outside of people mouthing off to show what huge [censored] they have I don't think) center around the idea that the mods should use discretion, subjectivity, and a sense of humor, when deciding if someone has stepped over the line. My response to this is that the problem is that the leniency of the moderation (little bit) combined with the TOTAL AND UTTER inability of the rabble to actually know where to draw their own lines (and to be fair, this is frequently a case of the few ruining it for the many), and because of this, everyone suffers a time of greater moderation. If you want to be given greater freedoms you have to show that you are responsible enough to use those freedoms properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Citanul hit the nail on the head here and I'm not really sure how to solve this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can never solve it. That's what you guys need to keep in mind. When you try to be make everyone happy, nobody is happy. Some people are always going to complain, but it's better to have them complaining every once in a while about a specific action than lots of mod drama. You can't let the biggest idiots dictate how you do things when it comes to this stuff.

My sticky about cleaning up BBV would be something like this:

No racism or hate speech in BBV
We decide what is what, and anyone deemed to be breaking this rule may be banned permanently. Chances are that if you think something could be seen as racist, it won't be tolerated here, and you should refrain from posting it. If you have questions or complaints about this 2+2 policy, please use AtF.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:00 AM

Just thought I would post some PMs I got in the last hour for people who are seeing doomsday right now. There are sane regulars in bbv who appreciate the efforts here.

[ QUOTE ]
Gild,
I feel sorry that it had to come to forcing you to take a few days away from here because of the choices of some posters. Hopefully in a few days the noise will have dulled down a lot and things can return to normal (as much as it gets in BBV-Land). Just letting you know that there are people out here that do support this new policy in the forum and the mods who enforce it and hate to see it wear down a good mod.

XXX

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Sup
Hi Zach,

I know we don't know each other aside from a PM here and there, i just wanted to let you know you're a good mod. Take a few days off, weeks, whatever, and don't get too bummed about this whole sit. It wasn't your fault. Too many douchebags who thought they owned a part of the 2+2 forums.
Regards,
XXX

[/ QUOTE ]

BBV is worth saving and we just need to deal with the few posters who are [censored] everything up for 90% of bbvers.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:04 AM

yeah I've gotten 3-4 PM's and AIM's as well.

it's not even particularly broken, they're just riled up right now.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:07 AM

i've gotten a pile of pms today both saying people are happy about my job and hope gild comes back because he is good too. the above posted (by me) pm makes me very sad though.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is gay and its author should still live through a fire

[/ QUOTE ]

Allowing gay is one thing, but putting it that way in this kind of sticky kind of defeats the spirit of the whole thing, IMO.

citanul:
[ QUOTE ]
please add [censored]/[censored] to the filter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:09 AM

Nice work putting [censored] and [censored] into the filter

testing

niggas

niglet

hmm some still there
Old 02-23-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm some still there

[/ QUOTE ]

Done.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Allowing gay is one thing, but putting it that way in this kind of sticky kind of defeats the spirit of the whole thing, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough
Old 02-23-2007, 05:05 AM

test to see if [censored] is in the filter.

Is this policy for the site now? I welcome it if it is, but don't get what's trying to be achieved here if it isn't. BBV should not be one of the strictest forums here.

Also, let's quit making any more rules for bbv4lyfe tho, as it will end up as dry as oot. I do support all the new rules as permanent additions tho (now the retarded rule is dropped).

I would be happy to mod bbv4life as second-line support if Cit wants some odd-hours cover. I rarely read bbv, so not a good mod for it.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:12 AM

fwiw, there's already 164 post in the "BBV Exile" forum...

and a MMB poster also registered BBV4L.com