[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would fold instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll just fold after he checks to me.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: 5/10 6max KK vs CTS

I think in your KK hand you should call the flop and reevaluate (call lol) the turn. If you had nothing, I think it is a good spot to rebluff because I probably have a monster or air. People were discussing how to deal with chronic flop checkraisers so here are two hands I thought were interesting from a session I played last night. Against guys who are getting out of line I both float the flop checkraise and reraise them with air. I do it frequently when I have a little something, like a crappy gutshot, to randomize when I am messing with them, and so I have a bit of an escape hatch.

Hand 1: vs good2cu. We mess with each other all the time, getting out of line, and I suspect he does particuarly on ace high flops. His checkraise is small and I have a gutshot so I make a noncommitting 3-bet.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $1272
UTG+1: $587.25
cts: $1000
Button: $2466.75
SB: $1401
BB: $1107

Pre-flop: (6 players) cts is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">cts raises to $35</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($75, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">cts bets $65</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $180</font>, <font color="#cc0000">cts raises to $425</font>, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: $245 returned to cts.

Results:
Final pot: $435

Hand 2: vs a fish. Sometimes you just have to feel the flow of the game and can tell when someone is getting out of line. This guy was checkraising me too often and due to his timing/bet size I thought he was full of it or I could push him off. However this time I am not quite as confident as the hand vs good2cu so I just call the flop and am planning to bluff him on the turn when he checks to me (which I think he will do sufficiently enough bc A- he's full of it and B- he's a fish and doesn't have the balls to follow through with a turn bluff bet).

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $170
cts: $940
Button: $1510
SB: $990
BB: $1474

Pre-flop: (5 players) cts is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">cts raises to $35</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($80, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">cts bets $70</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $220</font>, cts calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($520, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">cts bets $300</font>, SB folds.
Uncalled bets: $300 returned to cts.

Results:
Final pot: $520
Old 01-26-2007, 10:15 PM

Don't listen to CTS. He's trying to make you guys become bad players by recommending you guys to float and bluff more!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:56 PM

wtf @ this thread and wtf @ saying this is a good thread. op, my recommendation is staying the [censored] away from tables cts plays at cause u are obviously playing scared and cole will not hesitate in exploiting the [censored] out of u.