Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Another stupid ethics question

Dali,

"If I had made the exact same post cts did, I'd be a dick for calling him out and not giving his $$$ back, so whatever."

This is the type of thing you write that gets people against you.

It is not like one or two anti-Dali trolls ganging up to attack you here.

Pretty much everyone is very consistent and many have provided well-reasoned explanations as to why you are being unreasonable and overreacting.

Yet, your response to this is not to consider the logical implication that you are actually in the wrong here. Instead, you come to the decision that NO IT IS ALL A CONSPIRACY I AM RIGHT AND THEY KNOW IT AND WOULD SUPPORT CTS DOING IT BUT THEY ARE ALL LYING AND MAKING UP FAKE REASONS IN A CONCERTED AND COORDINATED PLAN TO MAKE DALIMAN LOOK LIKE A DICK EVEN THOUGH DALIMAN IS JUST DOING WHAT THEY WOULD ALL DO IN HIS SPOT.

That's why people often end up calling you retarded by the time a thread involving you runs its course.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Daliman, basically it comes down to this, is all this trouble really worth it to get back 20$ from a friend who did nothing wrong really and was probably busy at the time?

Most of us here are arguing because we don't really understand how 20$ over nothing can cause this much drama.

I mean I can only assume as can most people that if this happend to us in our normal limits we would not care too much or at all just one BB and nothing more. Think about it

I can see if this was maybe even hell 50$ or a bill, but over 20$ id just shrug it off as would most people and would not think twice as it should not break your roll. This is coming from a micro limit player btw but im sure others are basically just trying to say what I posted above.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's funny that even though this post has nothing to do with limits played, you got it wrong. i've always assumed that microlimit guys were like 15 years old, or just starting out in poker or whatever - i never considered that they were actually just dumber than the guys at higher limits.

the point here is that it wouldn't even occur to the rest of us to ask for the blind back - whether it was $5 or $200. this is not because we have vast sums of money. this is because we aren't sniveling pussies.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:51 AM

Fellow TBG victims,

How many of you have fallen for "Hey, wanna play some NL25 for fun drunken poker? Yeah? OK, cool transfer me a buying so I can play too. Damn, lost it. Hey, transfer me two or three more buyins so I can play for real, OK?"
Old 01-18-2007, 03:52 AM

Dali, it's fairly simple. People are making fun of you for what you did. You made fun of her for being a lesbian and it was not in a friendly joking way. That's no different than making fun of someone for being Jewish and that seems to have been an instaban in some cases.

I think it is immature to make fun of Dids' weight. If it's been done outside of a kidding way among friends, then it's worse than immature.

I've read enough of your posts and know enough people that know and like you that I'm sure you aren't a rotten person, but the comment you made sucks.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, I guess much of this whole deal stems from the fact that I am arguing ethics, morals, social values, etc, with a bunch of people whose average age is about 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pulling the age trump card? Your being old just means you've spent a lot of time on this earth being a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well researched response, sir. Yes, the people who hate me for the misdeeds I have done them IRL are legion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response is idiotic and irrelevant. My point was just that there's no reason to think your age is an indicator of wisdom or emotional maturity. Bringing up your real-life lack of enemies as a conterxample is probably a result of really straining the meaning of "on this earth," which is an asinine of interpreting what I said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, if I have been such a moron for so long, I'd think lots of people would hate me. Seems pretty un-asinine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...plenty of morons have friends. And I'll rather take the evidence that clearly shows you to be somewhat idiotic (as in most of your posts that I read) over a reductio with one very faulty premise (which only matters if we even take your word for it that you don't piss off a lot of people IRL). Also, you're changing the subject: we disagree about whether you're a moron. You say you've got friends, therefore you're not a moron. I say you make arguments such as "friends=I'm not a moron" and "Cole is unethical for taking money that I voluntarily offered to be wagered over without any agreement that he's obligated to pay me back" and are therefore likely pretty dumb. But the fact remains that referencing your age as an indicator of anything other than how long you've been alive is somewhat specious.
[ QUOTE ]
But you wouldn't understand that, because you are neither as wise nor as emotionally mature as I, nor are you in any way properly qualified to comment on anything about me beyond these message boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll grant you the last part, but I'm going to assume you're joking about the wisdom and maturity points given that you consistently come off as an idiotic social misfit on these forums which has to come from somewhere. It's not like you're this totally sagacious zen master in real life but when you turn on your computer you just revert to the intellectual status of a 12-year-old.

Also, please respond to everyone pointing out that cole said no to your requests twice. With all your wisdom you should be able to come up with a reason why that's irrelevant.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:55 AM

Dali,

"If I happened to have mild down's syndrome, would then calling me a retard be out of bounds?"

Wow. You really can't see the difference between calling you a retard and calling a down's syndrome person a retard? That's retarded. If you are saying that you actually are in fact a downie, then I apologize for calling you a retard.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Daliman,

I've never responded to your posts or your threads etc before. I don't particularly dislike you. Sometimes you're an idiot, a lot of times people you talk to here are idiots. Most people are idiots in certain posts. Bla bla.

I want to assure you that the reason no one's agreeing with you about the cts/give blind back thing has nothing to do with the fact that it's DALIMAN!!! Nothing at all. I read the OP before all the cool kids had time to respond and make up my mind for me. It was obvious to me that cts was in the right. Then the actual chat transcripts were posted later on. Even more obvious. "no". "no". End of discussion. This is the way almost everyone in this thread feels.

Now obviously you strongly disagree with it. That's fine. What's not quite as fine though is you blaming everyone in this thread for taking cts's side simply because they hate you or something. Again, this has nothing - nothing - to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a well stated response, which I appreciate, but when the 4 of the first 5 responses to the thread are:

[ QUOTE ]
daliman is ridic stupid, you did nothing wrong

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hes an idiot

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
sounds fine, he isnt that smart

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread was just made to highlight how stupid he is, I like your style.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time agreeing with you. As I have stated several times, I have a bigger problem with him posting the situation with my name not for the fact that it would taint the oopinion, but that he posted my name about it at all. Cts is smart enough to know that putting up a thread like this about me is like throwing chum to the sharks( sharkas?). For the next 2 months now, when I post strategy, I am going to get 2 or 3 posts saying I should ask for my blinds back. maybe (probably) more. His lack of discretion in this matter is most disconcerting of all. Then I make a post where I basically say I wasn't fine with me, but I understand and accept, and never impugn cts at all, and I'm made even more fun of for being an idiot, retard, etc. To say my reputation on 2+2 has NOTHING to do with it I feel is exceptionally shortsighted, but again, thank you for being civil in your response.

Now, back to trying to trainwreck this further so SOMEONE will lock it:

FWF is a weenie.

Damn, I'm losing my edge.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Daliman, basically it comes down to this, is all this trouble really worth it to get back 20$ from a friend who did nothing wrong really and was probably busy at the time?

Most of us here are arguing because we don't really understand how 20$ over nothing can cause this much drama.

I mean I can only assume as can most people that if this happend to us in our normal limits we would not care too much or at all just one BB and nothing more. Think about it

I can see if this was maybe even hell 50$ or a bill, but over 20$ id just shrug it off as would most people and would not think twice as it should not break your roll. This is coming from a micro limit player btw but im sure others are basically just trying to say what I posted above.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's funny that even though this post has nothing to do with limits played, you got it wrong. i've always assumed that microlimit guys were like 15 years old, or just starting out in poker or whatever - i never considered that they were actually just dumber than the guys at higher limits.

the point here is that it wouldn't even occur to the rest of us to ask for the blind back - whether it was $5 or $200. this is not because we have vast sums of money. this is because we aren't sniveling pussies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically thats what I was trying to kinda say and

No I think you got this wrong the reason he asked for $$ back was because he is tight with monies/Cares about it alot. Not because he is a pussy. And I did mention that no one would ask for blind back as it is just stupid in general.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-Anton [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually $60, but again, not the point or even important. He shouldn't have posted my name to this.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:07 AM

LOL, as if Dali thinks that we wouldn't've figured out who it was anyway - and the thread would've just gotten replies like 'wow, that person is an idiot' before the magic revelation when Daliman appeared to take credit for his nittiness.

Did you also ask Cole for any possible charges associated with making the phone call, as well as your blinds back?