Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Negreanu lumps Raymer w/ Moneymaker & Gold

Great post, Daniel. I find it funny how many Raymer cockriders there are here given the low limits he plays. Someone said they saw him in a 2/5 NL game recently. Weak.

It would be cool if he would man up and offer you a HU match to settle this, but I don't think Raymer has the balls for that. He'd rather hide behind catty Internt posts. It's more befitting of his style.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:39 AM

Since when is Brunson a big game shark? I wouldn't be shocked at all if he was one of the biggest donators.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:00 AM

Daliman,

"Having a .5BB/100 would be phenomenal achievement in the big game, and barring more than 1 big fish in the game at a time, very likely the absolute MOST that could be won with the games they play and the speed with which they play them."

How does the speed with which a game is played impact the win rate per hundred hands?
Old 01-05-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

3) Read Bill Chen's Mathematics of Poker. Not that this has anything to do with the topic, but I want to plug this excellent book [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I can't see Daniel on his porch, wearing a wifebeater, reading Mathematics of Poker. Something about that book just isn't his style.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:47 AM

Didn't DN take Raymer heads up already?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:37 AM

What Pokerstars tourney was this? I don't play many tournaments and this doesn't seem familiar to me (not saying you're wrong, but I don't remember the hand you're talking about offhand so might not be me).

Jeff
Old 01-05-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand this is a 2+2 forum and Raymer is a huge contributor to 2+2, but there is really excessive Raymer [censored] stroking. There maybe an element of truth to DN's comments in the regards of non-small ball play that Raymer apparently shows. You take a couple of hands like say the AJs hand vs. Mike Matusow, a player like DN would not be pushing all-in immediately for no apparent reason. I believe what DN is saying, Raymer plays some very high risk poker. Another hand that comes to mind is Raymer's 44 hand in the Pokerstars Tourney. Raymer did a limp in the sb, ActionJeff raised from bb, and then Raymer decides to push all in. Of course, I do not know the details of the blinds and the raises and respective stacks, but I do know that Jeffage and Raymer both had the largest stacks at that point in the tourney which was ~20 ppl left. Is that small ball poker? I would say not so. But it maybe a different way of playing high risk poker to accumulate chips with a knock out punch, instead of accumulating through "jabs".

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-05-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I found one post where someone stated that Lederer talks about 1/4 of a big bet as being a good win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me fill you in on a little dirty secret about the big game, disinformation is necessary to preserve the game. If the producers in the big game discover they are the producers, then there will be no producers - hence they are hyped up and sold to the world as experts in their specialty fields. Think about it... some of the "best players in the world" are not as good as they think, and win rates are not what people think they are (High Stakes Poker has been a great eye opener to many, its a very good example). Just ask David Grey, David Oppenheim, or David Benyamin if they are making more than a big bet/hour - you will likely get a very different answer than what is assumed by many of us.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're on to something! I think David Williams, David Cho, and David, uh...Hasselhoff oughta start playing in the big game.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:11 AM

Yeah, there's something wrong with Daniel. He's a jealous little...
Old 01-05-2007, 10:12 AM

What do you mean kissing Raymer's butt? He certainly isn't a novice. The guy's a great player and DEFINITELY does not deserve to be lumped in Gold.