Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Supernova Elite

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why people who even slightly believe that it might be rigged would continue to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they know it's not rigged but they can't accept publicly to being a losing player.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will change my style of play a lotta bit, and instead of playing higher limits I will move to 1-2 fixed and just play computer poker to hit the elite status so all this money i lost wont be lost in vein.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to burst your bubbble but this is not going to happen.

I 8 table the 2-4 6 max games on Stars amd I have earned 11,521 VPP points since Jan 1st, and I have played 32 hours so far this week.

I am a pure grinder playing 35-40 hours per week and putting in close to 100,000 hands every month for the past 2 1/2 years.

I used to post under the name limitplayer but I think I got one of the SSNL mods pissed at me,after a mini pissing match and some sorta semi rude pm's, and the next day I log in and boom my limitplayer account doesn't belong to me anymore, and after e-mailing support apparently it never did as it was registered under an e-mail I have never heard of and apparently the login name that I have always had is NL_FOOL.

I guess I must have dimensia or somthing cause I log in and read 2+2 every day and have been for 3 years

Didn't know mods could do that but hey whats power for if you can't use it huh?

Anyways I will not make SNE, am I am not trying to.

I figure at this pace I will hit somewhere around 600-700K VPP points and probably for the last 2 months or so I will jump up to 5-10 and play enough to hit the $7,500 bonus at 750K VPP points

To make elite playing 1-2 full you are loooking at putting in about 55 hours per week for 52 weeks 10 tabling.

Good luck with that.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets all put our subjective thoughts aside and for a few weeks pay close attention to our stats at pokerstars. Let look at all the people "we believe" to be good players and all the bad players and compare their results.

I have seen far too many morons sitting at the 5 10 game with 200 and leaving with 687. This is happening night after night, the same morons who call 2 bets cold with A5off, Check raise with 2 outers and hit miracles.

Enough players have mentioned this for it not to be looked at.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hapens to me on a regular basis and it will happen to you also just because of the sheer # of hands you play.

I played on Party for 2 1-2 years then moved to Stars the day Party died.

My first 55K hands I was in the negative and couldn't seem to win a hand.

Did I think Stars was rigged? No, not once did it enter my mind. Stars players are a little better (not much but alittle bit) and I immediately went to 8 tabling without a single read on any player.

3 months later and my BB/100 is sitting at 1.71/100 Not as good as Party where it sat at 2.49bb/100 but now that I have reads on some of the regulars and a lot of the non regulars my winrate keeps climbing and should get better.

But it probably will never as good as Party was.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will change my style of play a lotta bit, and instead of playing higher limits I will move to 1-2 fixed and just play computer poker to hit the elite status so all this money i lost wont be lost in vein.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to burst your bubbble but this is not going to happen.

I 8 table the 2-4 6 max games on Stars amd I have earned 11,521 VPP points since Jan 1st, and I have played 32 hours so far this week.

I am a pure grinder playing 35-40 hours per week and putting in close to 100,000 hands every month for the past 2 1/2 years.

I used to post under the name limitplayer but I think I got one of the SSNL mods pissed at me,after a mini pissing match and some sorta semi rude pm's, and the next day I log in and boom my limitplayer account doesn't belong to me anymore, and after e-mailing support apparently it never did as it was registered under an e-mail I have never heard of and apparently the login name that I have always had is NL_FOOL.

I guess I must have dimensia or somthing cause I log in and read 2+2 every day and have been for 3 years

Didn't know mods could do that but hey whats power for if you can't use it huh?

Anyways I will not make SNE, am I am not trying to.

I figure at this pace I will hit somewhere around 600-700K VPP points and probably for the last 2 months or so I will jump up to 5-10 and play enough to hit the $7,500 bonus at 750K VPP points

To make elite playing 1-2 full you are loooking at putting in about 55 hours per week for 52 weeks 10 tabling.

Good luck with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just doesn't make much sense.

You should post about this in 'About The Forums' and get to the bottom of it.

I don't think there's any reason why you shouldn't be able to get your old-account back but obviously something really screwy has happened.

Mods can't change your handle-name or registered e-mail addy to the best of my knowledge.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:29 PM

I think the $7.5k bonus for hitting 750k VIP points doesn't make sense. Once you've hit 200k, then you need to get 100k more VIPs to get to $3,000 - right? then from there another 100k to get to $4k, and $5k, right? so that's $.03/VIP, $.04/VIP, and $.05/VIP - right? sooo.....

you need another 250k VIPs to get $7,500 - which comes out to $.03/VIP. why aren't they making more incentive by INCREASING the rewards? hell, if it wasn't form the SNE bonuses, you'd be better off hitting 500k, and then playing in a second account to try to get to 500 again.

-BK
Old 01-05-2007, 09:40 PM

this isn't quite correct because you have to spend $800 worth of FPP's to get each milestone bonus.

So more accurately you are getting:
$1200 at 200k
$2200 at 300k....

$6700 at 750k.

This actually changes things a little bit in my estimation if you choose to look at it another way.

First 500k FPP's you get:
$1200 +
$2200 +
$3200 +
$4200 =
-------
$10800

Your next 250k FPP's you get:
$6700

So looked at like that you are still continuing to do better with your next 250k VPP's compared with what you have gotten for your first 500k VPP's.

So it would indeed NOT such a hot idea to start a new account and start over for the first 500k VPP's again.

You would get $6600 after your first 300k VPP's on your new account.
Or you could continue on your old account and get $6700 for your next 250k.

But you are definitely getting a nice deal per from 400k-500k VPP's then you get for the next 250k.

From 400k-500k VPP's you are getting: $0.042
From 500k-750k VPP's you are getting: $0.0268

And if you consider the tourneys at 1-million VPP's to be worth about $30k (with no FPP purchase I don't think) then your last 250k VPP's are $0.12 each which is definitely pretty awesome.