Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 08:23 PM

Default Re: New Fight Question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How old are you guys?

I only ask because, while i'm only in my late 20's, I still remember Iron Mike T. when he was in his early 20's. Holy God.

That dood would knock these fools out one by one and then eat their children.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyson (all boxers) is at ah uge disadvantage. His training is very specific, he practices hitting people who stand upright, and would have almost Zero Chance if the fight gets to the mat agaisnt the top UFC guy of equal size. That leaves him with the option of doing enough damage in his first two -three blows to end the fight, only the UFC guy won't be standing in front of him in a boxing stances. All the instincts are different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but read my above post, and watch the Fedor highlight clip and how he launches his attacks. I'd say 2 or 3 blows is 1 or 2 more than needed.

I have to respect what people say how about the various skills of fighters, as it's something I know little about, but few seem to realize how deadly a good, strong boxer's punch is.

Not to get too long-winded, but the difference in just being able to throw a punch and have it hit exactly where you want it to opposed to being a few centimeters off is monumental. One of the many scientific things that give it the name 'sweet science'.

These 2 or 3 blows we talk about, i'd liken to giving a skilled marksman a gun in the ring. I'm not sure how much i'm exaggerating here.

The problem is the guys that know about boxing don't know [censored] about MMA (me) and vice versa, same with SEAL training and another skill set. Still fun to argue/discuss, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chump, I watched many boxing fights, including Tyson's, and I've watched many of Fedor's fights, as well as other MMA bouts. In a no rules fight or even an MMA rules fight the boxer would be at an extreme disadvantage. Could he get a lucky punch in and knock a guy out who was going for a shoot or clinch. Yes, it's possible, but unlikely. When someone goes for a shoot, their head is at about the opponents waist or knees. Thus, it would be difficult to deliver an effective punch with the other guy's head around the boxer's knees. One of the most effective moves against the shoot is a knee to the head, and I've seen many ko's that way. But the boxer isn't trained to do that.

In a no rules fight, the MMA guy will beat the boxer at least 4 out of 5 times. The kung fu/karate guy and the navy seal maybe slightly better chance, and the street fighter last.

BTW Pride>>>>>>>>UFC
Old 12-02-2006, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Mortal Kombat II

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously if David applied himself to training for such a fight his superior intellect would allow him to outsmart and defeat any of these individuals, but I don't think he's a seal.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think so either, unless you're referring to his weight gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think David "Mr Intellegence" Sklansky would do better in Professional Wrestling.

PairTheBoard
Old 12-02-2006, 08:27 PM

PTB,

Had David continued w/ his early MMA training, he would currently be the best fighter in the world.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PTB,

Had David continued w/ his early MMA training, he would currently be the best fighter in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, this is spot on true. David has hung out with the likes of Chuck Lidell and Matt Hughes, and both concede that if David put 40% of his time into MMA Prior to age 45, he would have been an MMA champ. Hughes said that Pat Milletich actually teaches one of David's submission holds in his training camp.

To take this a step further, David could take the biggest poossy in any high school, and turn him into an MMA contender with his knowledge of the sport and training. Sklansky knows this because, his father, formerly known as the Jewish Thunder trained him from 5-14, and is undoubtedly the worlds best fight trainer.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:11 PM

lol i dont think dave has the body structure for it. and i'm not sure he has the heart either.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:21 PM

What are your rankings, then, from 1 to 5?
Old 12-02-2006, 09:31 PM

i didnt read every post, but to my knowledge a Kapap is a more dangerous military martial art than what the US navy uses, many celebrities and such hire ex-israeli defense force soldiers as body guards for this ability
Old 12-02-2006, 09:41 PM

I have to go SEAL, with UFC in a reasonably close second, and everyone else WAY behind.

MMA is a sport, just like boxing and wrestling. It's not a fight to the death. There are techniques that would be extremely effective in a fight to the death that are not allowed, and the UFC fighter does not have training in that field. If the UFC fighter was the one with the edge in a fight to the death, SEALs would be copying their techniques.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to go SEAL, with UFC in a reasonably close second, and everyone else WAY behind.

MMA is a sport, just like boxing and wrestling. It's not a fight to the death. There are techniques that would be extremely effective in a fight to the death that are not allowed, and the UFC fighter does not have training in that field. If the UFC fighter was the one with the edge in a fight to the death, SEALs would be copying their techniques.

[/ QUOTE ]they do!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the UFC fighter was the one with the edge in a fight to the death, SEALs would be copying their techniques.

[/ QUOTE ]

The banned techniques that SEALs employ are designed to be employed against someone who doesn't have extensive training in hand to hand combat. Those moves become relatively useless against someone who knows how to defend themselves.

Also a MMA fighter may not have the necessary training to go for the kill right off the bat, but their sport is tailored to submissions and knockouts. The submission moves if they don't cause a tapout will cause the opponent to be incapacitated or unconcious after which it will be very easy to finish them off.