Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 08:01 AM

Default Re: The Well: Green Plastic

Taylor, thanks for doing this, yours was the first well post i read from the beginning till the end, i really admire your poker abilities, and being a member of CR, i watched all your videos and a lot of things you said (or just the way you think and analise the game) have helped me to become a better player and earn more monies, so i really appreciate you are taking the time to well in SSNL.

My question are:

1)How often do you think bluff raising the river works?
I tryed that line a few times recently and got called almost every time.
Do you think, i need to raise the turn to make it more believable or only to do it if scare card appears?
Is it even profitable in your opinion?

2)You raise SC from the button and get reraised by a TAG with 100bb stack (let's say, you raise to 8, and he makes it 22).Do you call "to catch a flop" and stack him or do you let it go usually?Maybe 4bet sometimes?

3)Raising small PP in EP - on what flops do you usually cbet?
Let's say, you pop with 22 in UTG, button calls and flop comes AJ4.No reads on the villain.Do you give up , assuming, he has an A, or bet, representing an A yourself, since you raised preflop?What do you do if he calls?Shut down?Do you even try to take it down if there is more than one caller?

I think, i bleed the most money in those situations, cause i waste the preflop raise and flop cbet basically for nothing and sets are so rare and wonderful

4)How do you feel about tourney pros, the "TV stars"?
In my opinion most of them are overrated mediocre players.

5)Why do you feel that you will not be playing poker in 10 years/ earning the most of your income from it?Do you feel, you will get bored with poker?
It seems to me, that if you make the kind of money you make, why would you stop or look for another job?

Thanks again for doing this and keep on making awesome videos (lol, i sound like a little fanatic girl).
Old 12-01-2006, 08:32 AM

Thanks Taylor for doing this.
Hope I haven't missed the boat yet -Euro time zone.

Talk to us about playing with loose players in the blinds when we're on the button - what adjustments are required especially w.r.t cbetting on the flop?

Do you feel you will ever eventually reach a point when you feel you've covered almost everything in your videos or will the game always be evolving such that there will always be a need for new ones?

Have you ever played Super Monkey ball Party games (my avatar) on PS2 - its the most non-poker tilt inducing game due to the lack of control over your character?
(Not a game to play after a bad session [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 12-01-2006, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
look at the best players - Blds, Ozzy, aba, etc. these guys are very active out of the blinds and its pretty easy to figure out how that contributes to their success.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it these players are 3-betting out of the blinds a lot rather than calling from the blinds a lot or is it 50/50 of both?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:55 AM

What do you feel is the biggest difference between SSNL/MSNL and HSNL?

How do you advise to improve ones hand reading ability?

How would you reccomend improving ones post-flop skills? What do you feel is the most important part of being a good post flop player?

I always see you (and other CR pros) talking about "mixing it up" and playing in a non-standard way. What exactly does this mean, and when is it corrrect to do this?

How do you feel about the closure of party poker? It seems that the MSNL/HSNL games have gotten MUCH harder since the closure.

When you talk about finding and exploiting "leaks" in the regular playrs at ones limit, what is the most common one that multi-tabling grinders have? Also, what are some common "leaks" that you see in the MSNL games?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2006, 11:00 AM

Assuming you call a raise preflop OOP.

In what situation(s) will you lead on the flop Heads Up?

against 2 players?

against more than 2?

What is the best one line of poker advice you have ever received?

Thanks man
Old 12-01-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Taylor, do you trade in the financial markets?

[/ QUOTE ]

im not actively trading but i am invested in the market. why do you ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering your academic background and internship at hedgefund. It has been said (for example 'The New Market Wizards' by Jack Schwager) that good traders need many of the qualities of good pokerplayer. I was wondering if you had any ideas about that, that's why I asked. Any ideas about that ? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking about becoming a member of CR, but I have one question. I'm running Linux and I was wondering if I would be able to view the video's on it considering the DRM stuff that you are using?

If you're not in a position to answer this, where can I find the answer?

Thanks for doing this, it's a great read! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I run GNU/Debian on my desktop with VMware for poker stuff, including DRMed (BOO! I hate DRM in principal but...) CR videos (YAY!). Yes, using Windows sucks but you get all the poker tools (PT, PAHUD, Sixth Sense, etc.) which is important.

Depending on your machine performance shouldn't be too bad. My desktop is an old POS but with 1G RAM and a -CK based patchset (beyond-sources) and I can play ~8 FT tables with PAHUD running (possibly more). Definitely use Postgresql (8.0, 8.1 is FUBARed) databases with PT, and install it on your host or different machine, obviously. Also you may want to do this.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Taylor,

1. Will Rex get benched before the end of the season?
2. Do you hate Blagojevich's hair as much as I do?
3. Is Penny's Noodles on Damen & North the best restaurant in Chicago?
4. When you started cardrunners, did you do your own website or did you pay someone?
5. Have you always had the entrepreneurial bug?
6. Have you ever thought about bringing a product to market? Need help? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-NNH

[/ QUOTE ]

1. no - take that to the bank
2. thats doubtful
3. never been there but its only a few blocks away from me so i will check it out. do they deliver?
4. paid a website company to design the whole thing, following the guidelines we have them
5. yes - since i was 8 or 9
6. very possibly yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't deliver to where I live (E. Garfield Park), but they might to you. You'll thank me when you try their Pad Thai. Their red sauce is what makes it.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:51 PM

I am trying to get on cardrunners as we speak and it is taking FOREVER to load. Any ideas what is up?
Old 12-01-2006, 01:52 PM

Taylor, you said your VPIP and PFR are very close to eachother. After seeing EM2's video I started reraising in spots where I would be calling before, and now my VPIP and PFR% are really close too. When you say they're close, how close are they?

Let's say you're playing with a 25% vpip in a 6-max game, then what's your pfr%? (I'm just asking this because I'm doubting my own game)