Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: UNC @ Arizona

[ QUOTE ]
Prop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to, but am broke right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 03-03-2007, 12:17 PM

liga,

I think its funny that you guys get so pissed off about Roy not calling timeouts, but then over at stingtalk people keep complaining that Paul Hewitt keeps wasting all his timeouts before the end of the game. Against UVA and UNC we used our last timeout with like 40 seconds to go.

I guess people always hate something about the coaching when they lose.

Also, GT always starts the games slow and then makes a run. There wasn't anything he could do about it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Expectations: Winning the NCAA is now a pipe dream. Getting to the Final Four is now a longshot. What I want going forward from this team? One of two things:

(1) Win Sunday's game vs dook.

(2) Win the ACC Tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think UNC has a better chance than any of winning the championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides Florida, UCLA, Kansas, Wisconsin, Texas A&M, and Ohio State, I agree with this assessment. OTOH, if UNC gets hot in the ACC tournament, we win March in a walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ Wisconsin > UNC, Tex A&M > UNC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you're lolling about. These are exactly the type of teams--mentally tough, hardnosed, older, and with one or two star players (Law and Tucker) that get up for big games--that have given the Heels fits all year.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
liga,

I think its funny that you guys get so pissed off about Roy not calling timeouts, but then over at stingtalk people keep complaining that Paul Hewitt keeps wasting all his timeouts before the end of the game. Against UVA and UNC we used our last timeout with like 40 seconds to go.

I guess people always hate something about the coaching when they lose.

Also, GT always starts the games slow and then makes a run. There wasn't anything he could do about it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

mmbt,

At the 15:06 mark UNC was up 12-5. Ga Tech then went on a run eventually getting up 14-16 at the 12:19 mark. That is an 11-2 run. Towards the end of the run it seems like Roy was waiting for the mandatory under 12:00 TV timeout. Who knows. In the end, Ga Tech shot lights out so it was going to be difficult to stem the tide.

As for Hewitt, I find it curious he took a non-forced TO that happened to be the team's last TO in a two possession game (74-80) with 46 seconds left in the 2nd half.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:04 PM

Either way, the reason UNC lost is because they never really got going since GT just kept fouling the big men any time they touched the ball. That kept the game from becoming an all out sprint and, with a 10 man rotation, it didn't hurt Tech's ability to put a competitive team on the floor.

There was a time where UNC had 28 FT attempts to GT's 3, and GT was up by double digits.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Either way, the reason UNC lost is because they never really got going since GT just kept fouling the big men any time they touched the ball. That kept the game from becoming an all out sprint and, with a 10 man rotation, it didn't hurt Tech's ability to put a competitive team on the floor.

There was a time where UNC had 28 FT attempts to GT's 3, and GT was up by double digits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure enough. I was there. All credit to the Jackets.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:42 PM

Ok, confirm or deny this:

Lots of UNC fans in Atlanta have GT season tickets, and have had them since Tech joined the ACC 20 years ago. It's much cheaper and easier for them to get to see UNC this way. They keep making the small donations to the Georgia Tech Athletic fund and renewing their tickets. In fact, many have more AT points than GT alumni.

This is why so many UNC fans are always at the games despite there being a waiting list for season tickets.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, confirm or deny this:

Lots of UNC fans in Atlanta have GT season tickets, and have had them since Tech joined the ACC 20 years ago. It's much cheaper and easier for them to get to see UNC this way. They keep making the small donations to the Georgia Tech Athletic fund and renewing their tickets. In fact, many have more AT points than GT alumni.

This is why so many UNC fans are always at the games despite there being a waiting list for season tickets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be but I don't know. I paid $100 for my 12th row, section 5 ticket after posting on Craigslist and posing as a Jacket fan. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Keep in mind Atlanta has the 3rd largest concentration of UNC grads in the US.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:11 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sto...mp;lid=tab6pos2

Funny article on who UNC fans hate the most from their bitter rival.

I'm too young for most of Christians stuff but I really hate Wojo. How gay was his patting of mid court during a lot of games.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sto...mp;lid=tab6pos2

Funny article on who UNC fans hate the most from their bitter rival.

I'm too young for most of Christians stuff but I really hate Wojo. How gay was his patting of mid court during a lot of games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought Hurley would be #2 or #3. And Battier an honorable mention?

Ah, everybody loves to hate Duke nowadays. I'm old enough to remember when everybody loved us (before the 1st championship, when we were bridesmaids, natch).