Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what do I do?
You can't let this opportunity pass you by, if she wont come along for the ride you have to leave 82 85.42%
stay there, and try to work things out with her 4 4.17%
open up three tables of omaha and call me in the morning, because i dont know what you should do Tex 10 10.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2006, 05:33 AM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

tough call between boldin and jackson imo. I didnt look at playoff records and since making the playoffs isnt really an issue the fact taht hasselbeck is out isnt really a factor. also seattle will prob still have something to play for at the end of the year. so i guess i go with jackson.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:58 PM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

Can I get some more feedback on my trade please?

thanks.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a terrible trade for you.

The kicker considerations are minor. Even if Wilkins stays the top-rated kicker for years to come (no sure thing), it won't be by enough to justify giving up a young running back (always the most valuable position in fantasy) for a WR who is probably the fifth-best on your roster.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your input, and while you may very well be right, let me rebut.

These axioms (RB's are king, Kickers are interchangeable) are certainly FF dogma, but I don't have as much of a hardon for RB's as most owners, dynasty in particular.

RB's of Leon Washington's caliber largely come and go in dynasty. WR's are much more static in terms of value, IMO. Mark Clayton's upside might be Lavernaues Coles or pre-this-year Derrick Mason, but his floor is a lot higher than Washington's as well.

Footballguys has Leon Washington as the #40 dynasty RB, and Clayton as the #29 WR; even if RB's are that much more valuable than WR's, it doesn't seems that there's a big gap here. And, as I said, I needed an upgrade at K if I want to win a championship, making that part of the deal far from inconsequential. FF is, after all, about winning championships, and I feel this deal helps me do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to spend too much time on this because your mind seems made up, but regarding Washington vs. Bradley, neither player is going to have an impact on your team as of now. They are both speculative. Why not go with the guy with the higher upside, particularly when he plays a position that is scarcer?

[ QUOTE ]
I needed an upgrade at K if I want to win a championship

[/ QUOTE ]

Kickers are too unpredictable to make a statement like this. Ask Adam Vinatieri owners how he did for them last week. Ask dynasty players who owned Neil Rackers last year what he's doing for them this year.

-McGee
Old 11-09-2006, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a ten-team league that starts three RBs, with your stable of "Okay, but not great" backs, I think trading Tiki was a mistake.

-McGee
Old 11-09-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a ten-team league that starts three RBs, with your stable of "Okay, but not great" backs, I think trading Tiki was a mistake.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what I meant was, we start 2 RBs, 3 WRs and one flex, and I always start a RB in the flex spot.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what I meant was, we start 2 RBs, 3 WRs and one flex, and I always start a RB in the flex spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured as much. I still think it's not good for you.

-McGee
Old 11-09-2006, 04:57 PM

yeah tyler it sucks.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10 team league, I've lost 3 straight and am 9th in points scored. It was time to shake things up. 1 Point per reception. I made this deal:

Traded

Tiki Barber 147 pts thus far
Randy Moss 95 pts
JP Losman 90 pts

Received

Marvin Harrison 152 pts
Alex Smith 103 pts
Rueben Droughns 74 pts

I have lots of RB depth with Warrick Dunn, Thomas Jones, Deuce McAllister and Corey Dillon. I start 3 RBs each week (including one in the flex spot).

Now my WRs will be Larry Fitzgerald, Harrison, Santana Moss and Reggie Brown. I start 3 each week.

It's a 2 QB league so Smith will prob get some bench time b/c I have Chad Pennington and Phil Rivers.

What do you think?

thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like your team is just really hurt and you're in bad shape, but I still don't like this trade.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:10 PM

Is this trade fair? I guess it is. I'm not a fan b/c I think it benefits one of my top competitors.

He gets:

Shaun Alexander and Grossman

He gives up:

Branch and Eli

His team now (6-3):

QB: Romo, Grossman
RB: LT, Lewis, Alexander, Droughns
WR: R. Brown (Phi), T. Owens, H. Ward, G. Jennings, Berrian, T. Carter
TE: Crumpler
K: J. Brown
Def: Balti. Def

Other team (2-6-1):

QB: Eli
RB: Maroney, Brown, Henry, Jones-Drew, Washington
WR: Driver, Gleen, Branch, Br. Johnson, Crayton
TE: Witten
K: Tynes
Def: SD

My thoughts:

I understand its a big gamble to pick up SA, but if he's healthy he's of course going to score TDs which everyone wants.

Personally I don't think Eli is going to ultra effective the rest of the year. My thoughts on this, he plays in the Meadowlands. He doesn't have Toomer and Plaxico is hurt.

Branch again is alright, but nothing that great.

He gets Grossman who I think will still have good games, maybe great against weak opponents which he has lots of near the end of the year. And my thoughts on SA are before.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:12 PM

capone0,

that trade is definitely unbalanced.

-McGee