Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Sniper\'s Unofficial 2+2 Post Count Analysis - Oct \'06

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure you don't want to give the new A/R mod credit for the huge increase is posts there? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Actually the longest thread in A/R history times 2 was started this month. I think that is where much of the growth came from.

Keep up the good work Sniper. Very interesting info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Addict,

I definately give you credit for the work you have done to improve that forum.

As for the large thread, it only accounted for about 25 post/day across the month, so the majority of the bump came from more than that.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper,

You don't seem to realize that BBV has pretty much nothing to do w/ OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

ElD, one of the advantages of reviewing posting traffic every day, is that I gain insights into the whats and whys across 2+2 that might not be immediately obvious to even the most prolific posters.

btw, I would appreciate your thoughts in the Site tracking thread in Legislation...
Old 11-03-2006, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would argue that July was one of the best months ever for OOT. The April-June period shows that OOT was hovering around 2000 posts/day. [censored] realized there was too much really bad posting going on in OOT. Then came the mass culling, and since then the OOT posts/day have been consistently in the 1500-1600 range, and the quality in OOT over the past few months since the mass culling has been some of the highest I've seen in awhile. So basically what July did was trim off about 400-500 horrible posts/day.

The goal of OOT isn't to simply get as many posts as possible, its to have a ton of awesome material going on in there everyday, which I'd say there currently is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will get no argument from me that from that point the mods have been focused on quality over general quantity... I will just point out that this thread is titled "post count analysis", not "post quality analysis", so any of my comments should be read from the perspective of a post counter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
So all in all, while your anti-OOT agenda is quite obvious, you are wrong about the current state of OOT. BBV passing OOT would mean nothing about the quality of OOT, it would simply mean BBV has more posts, most of them are garbage anyways so who cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike your clear agenda... I have no anti-OOT agenda... I have and do on occasion take issue with the way certain specific things are handled by OOT mods, but my opinions are generally expressed in the mod forum... overall I think the OOT mods do a fine job of managing a tough situation.... and OOT itself will always be a key forum on 2+2.

I do however, have a Pro-posting and Pro-new forum agenda, in line with Mason & Mat's thoughts!

BBV passing OOT is interesting to me, from a post counting perspective, which is what this thread is about. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2006, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't the automobile forum be listed on the left under Sponsored Support Forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my understanding that the Sponsored support forums are for rakeback(and now gifts) related forums only... enabling those sites to provide direct support to their customers right here on the 2+2 forums; while Automobiles is just an OT forum that happens to be sponsored.

This may change, but this is my current understanding.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sniper,

You don't seem to realize that BBV has pretty much nothing to do w/ OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

ElD, one of the advantages of reviewing posting traffic every day, is that I gain insights into the whats and whys across 2+2 that might not be immediately obvious to even the most prolific posters.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like skunk, I have no idea what ElD is getting at. There are a ton of posters who frequent both forums and this doesn't even take into account the recent BBV trend towards OT threads and their short man's complex towards OOT.

Anyway, regarding your insights, are you able to track individual poster's forum habits? I hope you expand on what you mean above, but you were being vague, perhaps deliberately so.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, regarding your insights, are you able to track individual poster's forum habits? I hope you expand on what you mean above, but you were being vague, perhaps deliberately so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper always posts like this. Its his way of trying to sound important by making you think he knows something you don't while never elaborating on it, thus making it seem like he's in the know and you aren't. Likely, he said that with nothing to back it up, so I wouldn't put too much thought into it.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper always posts like this. Its his way of trying to sound important by making you think he knows something you don't while never elaborating on it, thus making it seem like he's in the know and you aren't. Likely, he said that with nothing to back it up, so I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome. Does he do this in the mod forum too? If he does, please PM me some examples. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2006, 03:24 PM

BBV has a massive OOT inferiority complex. Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!
Old 11-03-2006, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meb, Links to examples please?

...and stop trolling this thread... you want to attack me, do it in the mod forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2006, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meb, Links to examples please?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty and you have been called on it before.