Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Coaching WARNING

finish your coaching on the free tables, like dmoney suggested.

problem solved.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And finally, can one of the "Snowbank shouldn't have to pay back the prepaid time" crew please explain, apart from saying that "pokersanjuan paid up front so tough titties" exactly why Snowbank should keep the cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that he *should keep* the money. It's that he's under no real legal or ethical obligation to pay it back.

OP got ripped off by paying waaay over the odds for someone with no reputation for coaching and committing to a ridiculous 5 hours up front with no idea what he was getting. Not because Snowbank isn't willing to refund the money.

Edit: I should obviously point out that this is mainly OP's fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jam, you're basicaly saying "OP got ripped off, its his fault". That bad logic does not fly when money managers rip off clients or any other service industry for that matter.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:07 PM

Snowbank has always been a good guy having talked to him several times on AIM, my post was not meant to bash him or anything. But I can definitely relate to shultz's experience, the coaching was very mediocre for me. That really doesn't mean anything as far as if OP's money should be refunded however. I think if Snowbank wants to continue coaching it'd be in his best interest to refund the money.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he was busy this past month, he's been away in vegas yo

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i cant help myself here.

WOW, do any of your have any business sense? First off all, 150/hour is about $250,000 a year. Any business person pulling down that kind of money is going to be answering cell calls while he's on vacation in Hawaii. In other words, in the business world, if you want to be making a couple hundred grand a year, you sure as hell better be giving your customers A+++ attention.

Seriously tufat, do you think Snowbank did not have 1 hour a week to spend on coaching?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about an analogy about tuition (which is more relevant than a construction job)? You pay for a semester of tuition (5 sessions with snowbank) and say you drop out because you can't afford to commute there anymore... you DON'T get that money back. Even if you were unsatisfied with the classes there, you can not get a refund there.. how is that any different than this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

if the teacher shows up the first day of class, hands out a syllabus, lectures, and assigns HW; then doesnt show up for class again for a month, i am confident the school would let you drop the class and refund 100% of your tuition.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a coaching experience with pokersanjuan. I gave him $50 for 10 hours up front and once the transfer was sent I didn't see him online once.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao
Old 03-07-2007, 08:15 PM

Snowbank you have already tarnished your reputation. Right now I dont think it matters what you do, since you should have refunded the money a long time ago and now your already disliked by a lot of people. Your future buisness etc. will have decreased drastically and you have handled this very bad from a buisness stand point.

Mathhew Ryan- As for coaches who beat 3/6 that charge $50/hr meh..lets not exaggerate. You could find a much better coach for that amount of money, but ssnl players need to grind and study more before they pay a ridiculous amount for a coach. Especially if they have a small bankroll.

The real winners in this thread are card runners and 3-bet.net. Congrats!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised this post brought so much drama so quickly, coming from an OP who started the day with like 20 posts, before people on the board heard from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see how my post number has anything to do with getting jobbed.

[ QUOTE ]
He IMed me many times about this, each time I said I was not interested in doing that, but would be able to find a cheaper coach for him if he wanted. He said that he decided he didn't want another coach, and wanted to go with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I did decide to go with him and had conversations with him on IM about it. Thought it was a good move to hire him.

[ QUOTE ]
My bluntness to OP in the chat he posted was because this was about the 3rd time he had asked, first since I got home from out of town. He wanted to get rolled for decent stakes, after losing his roll playing over his head, not because he has bills to pay. Seems convenient to post that chat about having to pay bills when your story before was that you wanted to get rolled for your games again. From what you told me you are 28 years old and live on the beach in Puerto Rico. Much different from the poor teenager you are trying to portray by attempting to tarnish my image and get sympathy from people on an internet message board who didn't know the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second time I asked, first time you blew it off and said "talk to me when I get back in a week and a half". I also NEVER asked you to roll me. 450$ is a month's rent. What does me living in Puerto Rico have anything to do with that? You said yourself it isnt about the money, this is about principal.

[/ QUOTE ] etc... I have easily spent 5 hours with OP with all the times he IMs me to chat. I have talked to other 2p2ers who he has their sn, and they say that he IMs them all the time as well(so I know I'm not imagining it), and I'm sure he was doing it a lot more to me since I was coaching him. Like literally everytime I would come back from away, there he was. I never complained once to him about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time I would talk to you, you would say "save it for the session". Am I not allowed to IM other 2p2ers? Who are they, and where are they?

[ QUOTE ]
A couple weeks ago when we spoke our conversation went something like: me: "move down, you still aren't ready for those stakes." him: "okay". couple days later- him: "I moved up I was playing well, I lost it all, I'm broke." He was playing under rolled, and underskilled for where he was trying to play. I have spent more time talking to OP than any of my other students. For him asking for money after he lost his roll, by his own faults, especially after IMing me 24/7 is something I guess I might expect by someone who started the day with 20 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just not true, like above I don't know where you got I asked you to roll me? I have ALL these transcripts, some of what you are saying is just completely false.

[ QUOTE ]
I talked to a few people before I decided that to refund him wasn't the right decision, even though I knew he would try to tarnish my reputation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another lie, I told you in the chat I would refer my friends to you. How did you know I was going to tarnish your reputation before I posted this? Are you psychic?

[ QUOTE ]
with the character of OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know nothing of my character.

Why won't you talk to me on messenger?

Bottom Line I should get a refund, and why can't I sell my hours to someone else? WHAT is wrong with selling off my hours.

He won't even let me transfer the hours to someone!!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:16 PM

snowbank, you should have written just a one sentence post:

[ QUOTE ]
I have easily spent 5 hours with OP with all the times he IMs me to chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it is more effective that writing all the other stuff.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jam, you're basicaly saying "OP got ripped off, its his fault". T

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm saying 'OP agreed to be ripped off, it's his fault'

Btw comparisons with the value of money IRL are not very meaningful in a community where so many are making 3 figures an hour IMO.
Closed Thread