Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Chicago Bears 2007 Official Thread

I predict Griese torches the non-existent Lions secondary this week and the Rex haters will feel justified. He'll have some trouble against Minny & GB's avg pass D and have lots of problems vs. Philly. The poor performance in Philly will lead to a benching and provide a chance for our savior, with neck beard in full effect, to take over, torch the Lions in week 8 and never look back.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying as a Bears fan it would be bad if the Bears steamroll the Lions and Grossman has a big game? Then when the Bears play the Packers the next week at Lambeau Grossman will have a good game under his belt and his confidence back.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that I'd much, much rather have Griese in to "steamroll the Lions." It'd be much better for the Bears if Griese was starting qb next week and had a boost of confidence and a feeling that he won't be hooked.

I really don't believe "steamrolling the Lions" would boost Rex's confidence that much, anyway. Do you think the boos would subside? It's not like he's only had one game to prove himself. Chicagoans haven't been hasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think Grossman should get a shot in the upcomming Packers game.

[/ QUOTE ]
As a Packer fan, I hope he does too.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:28 PM

If Briggs-Vasher-Harris-Archuleta all miss this week (and it's starting to look like that), do you guys have the depth to slow down that Detroit pass offense ? I don't know enough about the backups.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Briggs-Vasher-Harris-Archuleta all miss this week (and it's starting to look like that), do you guys have the depth to slow down that Detroit pass offense ? I don't know enough about the backups.

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like Archuleta is playing, not that it helps the pass defense. Missing Briggs, although it would hurt, is going to be less noticeable against a team like the Lions that plays alot of three and four WR sets. Right now though he claims he will be able to go.

The Eagles got alot of pressure with Trent Cole and Jevon Kearse off of the ends. Anderson, Wale, Brown will get the same amount if not more. Without Harris the Bears are much more vunerable to the run. Will the Lions run the ball all of a sudden? Who knows.

Two rookies in Truman McBride and Kevin Payne will get alot more playing time in the secondary. There were times they looked great in the preseason, but the Lions offense is a different story. I don't have a real good feeling.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:17 PM

I'm becoming a little ticked with the new NFL injury reporting. Charles Tillman didn't practice Tuesday. He says his ankle will be fine and he'll play on Sunday. The Sun-Times says they have sources that say he'll be out for two weeks. Of course we will have no clue until Sunday. Thanks Belichick.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:42 PM

Well week 4 came and passed and again the Bears looked awful. 3INT's by Griese, fumbles by Hester and Benson and way too many penalties against the Bears. I still would like to have seen Grossman in there especially after 2 red zone turnovers by Griese.

The defense looked ok this week. It is apparent that they are hurting with all of the injuries and need to get back up to strength fast.

I still would like to see more of the running game from the Bears. I did like the decision to bring Wolfe in for a little bit especially if Benson doesn't pick things up soon Wolfe could be the go to guy.

Next week will be a tough one against the Packers, but if they win I think it could help turn the whole season around.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:45 PM

You guys lost to Detroit! Ahahahaha.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:17 PM

Today at work there was some discussion about ranking these QB's if they dressed today:

Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, Brian Griese, Doug Flutie, Brad Johnson, Drew Beldsoe

I have it going something like

Bledsoe, Harrigton, BJ, Flutie, Griese, Rex

that about right ? Bears fans here were wondering about getting Bledsoe out of retirement. I couldn't really disagree.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:24 PM

Frustrating game. We were up two scores when the fourth quarter started.

Griese will take more heat for this than he deserves. Grossman last threw for this many yards nine games ago. And I only give Griese credit for 1.5 of the picks. I hate Berrian and want him off the team. What the hell happened to Mark Bradley?

Benson is averaging 3.2 per carry this year. Peterson is 4.2 per carry but has fumbled twice as often over their careers. We need Tait back and we need to figure out how to runblock, like now.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:04 PM

When you have a QB that can't throw a ball more than 10 yards you get a lot of guys in the box. There were more tackles on Benson this week by secondary players than there was the first three games combined. Benson has not looked good, but life is going to be much more difficult him with 8 men in the box.

I felt like I was watching the Bears from 2004. The beat up defense trying to keep the other team off of the board while the offense never even looks like they can threaten to do anything. If it wasn't for Mike Martz that game would have never been close. The Bears entire secondary is hurt and there were linebackers covering WRs and they somehow got nothing done for 2 & 3/4 quarters.

Dear god, who throws the ball 52 times and gets 286 yards? Less than 8 yards a completion. Berrian is not a great route runner and he is not the best after the catch. Moose is way too old at this point to even run the proper route. At least Turner figured out enough of that to go to him on hitches. What will happen when Griese gets to the speed of the game and then stops throwing the ball behind Berrian and in front of Moose? If Griese is going to start, the personel has to change on the offensive side. Muhammed has to sit, Bradley and Davis need to spend more time on the field. Really so does Hestor. He could make some noise after the catch. If they don't plan on throwing the ball down the field they have to use guys who can do something after the catch. You can't just keep throwing short passes and getting no YAC.

Right now the goal has to be to get to the bye at 4-4. Lets some of the defense get healthy and then try and make a run. Without some better coaching there is no way that is going to happen and with Ron Turner being the one who need to improve the most, I'm not confident.