Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: University of Florida student Tasered at Kerry forum

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you read the whole story it was clear he was trying to cause a scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's certainly true. Yet, it still does not justify how the campus cops reacted.

See it like this: every public demonstration is aimed at "causing a scene" - i.e. to get maximum attention. Yet there's a right to demonstrate.

I figure that authorities in Russia use a very similar line of argument to yours to smack down the opposition movement. I.e. "police asked them not to demonstrate" -> "they still demonstrate" -> "ok, let's arrest them"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ay, there's the rub. In the US you have every right to "peaceably demonstrate". Cutting in front of a bunch of people waiting in line to ask questions and attempting to take over a forum, and then continuing to rant when your microphone is cut, isn't quite "peaceable", really. The right to demonstrate doesn't mean you don't have to follow the rules.

I think we'd all be in agreement that if this guy had gone by the rules and not been freaking out about everything that he would have a much much stronger case.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Just saw where I read that. Ugh. It was just a posting from BCVCP(not right, but close) in BBV4L and is unconfirmed. He makes a point though that when they cut off the mike the rest of the room kind of cheers. I guess you could take from that that the kid had been a pain for awhile, or I guess what is more likely that is was a very pro Kerry crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you wanna go by unconfirmed stuff I heard on alex jones radio show it was the kerry coordinator who gave the police the nod to get him.

And if kerry is such a great guy and all, don't you think he would answer the questions? I mean, like in print on his website or something? I mean, has he ever answered why he conceded so quickly when he knew all along he may have actually won? (loaded question lol)
Old 09-22-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Just saw where I read that. Ugh. It was just a posting from BCVCP(not right, but close) in BBV4L and is unconfirmed. He makes a point though that when they cut off the mike the rest of the room kind of cheers. I guess you could take from that that the kid had been a pain for awhile, or I guess what is more likely that is was a very pro Kerry crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you wanna go by unconfirmed stuff I heard on alex jones radio show it was the kerry coordinator who gave the police the nod to get him.

And if kerry is such a great guy and all, don't you think he would answer the questions? I mean, like in print on his website or something? I mean, has he ever answered why he conceded so quickly when he knew all along he may have actually won? (loaded question lol)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why I edited and said ugh when I realized where I had read that. Obviously not the most reliable sources there. Still does not change my opinion though.

I have said nothing about Kerry being good or bad, and think it is irrelevant if he answers the question or not.