Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Won a 3 million dollar prop bet

[ QUOTE ]
I rabbit hunted and found that I would have won the next two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Results oriented!!!!

I saw you lose that AA vs. KK to Farha on HSP for like $100k and it didn't even look like it phased you.
But you generally don't show a lot of emotion at the table either way I guess.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
4. I have to remember to log off before my nephew gets to my laptop. A couple of his friends are here too. One of them bragged that he noticed I was logged in and told Michael, "This is all you. You have to come up with something."

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't you instead smack your nephew silly and tell him to stop hanging out with degenerates who don't respect other people and their property?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god the horror! They played a stupid prank on a bunch of degens that read an internet message board! They should be out selling drugs or doing something else productive right?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
4. I have to remember to log off before my nephew gets to my laptop. A couple of his friends are here too. One of them bragged that he noticed I was logged in and told Michael, "This is all you. You have to come up with something."

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't you instead smack your nephew silly and tell him to stop hanging out with degenerates who don't respect other people and their property?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the "degenerate" and Barry took it very well. He read this comment while I was right next to him and he just laughed.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Recently I bet a well known poker player (who requested to remain anonymous) that I could walk into Congregation Ner Tamid and lead an entire service posing as a Rabbi. Using my excellent beard and cunning Hebrew skills, I won this bet. Given that until the time the bet was placed, (about a month ago) I had not practiced Judaism at all, nor spoke a word of Hebrew, I believe this to be one of the greatest prop-bet accomplishments ever. Please discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Barry,

For those of us who are not Jewish you might explain what all that entails. I guess the whole service is in Hebrew?

[/ QUOTE ]

The morning minyan service on saturday is for the most part in Hebrew, with english commentary about moral issues discussed in the Torah.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you used the House of the Lord to bamboozle money
out of your fellow man?

You're a fine schmecker!
Old 07-09-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In other news, barry and I will be boxing in Bobby's room tomorrow for 5k a round. This one's true, I swear!
Old 07-09-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. David K is David Kim. He beat me a 320k pot where we got the money in with one to go where I had the nuts, but he had 13 outs. He wanted to run it twice. I relented and offered to run it three times. He said no and we ran it once. I rabbit hunted and found that I would have won the next two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you never run anything more than one time in order to put fear in your opposition? What changed?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone can lead prayers as long as you know how, you dont have to be a rabbi to do this. This could be taught in a week easy (if you know basic hebrew), ...

[/ QUOTE ]

How hard would it be to lean to read (ie, pronounce, not understand) Hebrew in a week. I'm pretty good at languages, and I was mostly able to read French and German with a good accent in a couple days. It took me a bit longer to learn a few new sounds (ue, oe, and German R back trill). And it's not that I was going to pass for native. But still. So would Hebrew be completely harder? (What if you had good transliterations to use?) I think I could do Russian (with the alphabet) in a week. that is, again, read text that I don't understand with a good accent.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The prank may be annoying, but the Sklansky pastiche was excellent.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone can lead prayers as long as you know how, you dont have to be a rabbi to do this. This could be taught in a week easy (if you know basic hebrew), ...

[/ QUOTE ]

How hard would it be to lean to read (ie, pronounce, not understand) Hebrew in a week. I'm pretty good at languages, and I was mostly able to read French and German with a good accent in a couple days. It took me a bit longer to learn a few new sounds (ue, oe, and German R back trill). And it's not that I was going to pass for native. But still. So would Hebrew be completely harder? (What if you had good transliterations to use?) I think I could do Russian (with the alphabet) in a week. that is, again, read text that I don't understand with a good accent.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be very easy to learn to read it in a week.

But not to be able to sing it and learn to do it fast.

It would literally take months of study at a minimum to be able to do a 3 hour service, using the normal prayer books, and sound legit.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:01 PM

goddamnit, I was the first one to write lol oldtestaments, plz check posting history if you want to find it... ty for copying guy, it was by far the best lol_ament of all time congrats on taking credit for it the second time around