Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: **Official Madden 08 Thread**

[ QUOTE ]

Fumbles: stop using special movies so much, z covers up the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only special move I ever use is a stiff arm in open field. That hasn't led to a single fumble. I don't use the cover button though which I probably should.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:49 PM

I think I've got the hang of this game and I need to move up to All Pro. Either that or JP Losman sucks.

I picked him off 7 times last night in a game, before he was pulled in the middle of the 3rd quarter. 4 were picked in the end zone. Ricky Manning had 4 himself, including one TD return.

Also, I have Larry Johnson destroying the league averaging about 200 yards and 3 TD's per game (fantasy draft team). Considering how many carries he's getting, fumbles aren't that bad. He usually only drops it when I'm making some sort of move.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:56 PM

Heh, I'm beginning to think I should have invested some high fantasy draft picks on defensive players.

My Selections:
Reggie Bush
Randy Moss
Vince Young
Santana Moss
Lorenzo Neal
And the best offensive line still available.

I end up with Dallas Clark and Manumaleuna as my TEs and Brian Finneran as my 3rd WR. My defense is completely terrible. The best player is rated 84 with most being low 80's.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:47 PM

I did exactly the opposite. My selections were Peppers, Bailey, Merriman, and Urlacher. My offense is pretty good: Vince Young, Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Donte Stallworth, Adrian Peterson, and Dwyane Jarrett. I constantly run a 4 WR set and run maybe 30% of the time. Henderson or PEterson are covered by LBs half the time so they're the targets. The first game I played with this setup Peterson had 117 YAC.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I constantly run a 4 WR set and run maybe 30% of the time. Henderson or PEterson are covered by LBs half the time so they're the targets. The first game I played with this setup Peterson had 117 YAC.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so cheesy IMO. I mean against a human opponent who can adapt it's not, but playing that style against the computer is basically just abusing the AI.

I try to play a more simmed style with 50%+ runs. I used to do what you do and just line up 4 wide and abuse the fact that the computer will come out in 4-3 every snap, but after a while that just isn't fun anymore.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:21 PM

Also, can anyone figure out how to change playbooks in franchise mode with fantasy draft on?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:27 PM

my buddy keeps on running all me with vick... or the runs around til someone is open...

what's a good strategy to stop VICK!?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, can anyone figure out how to change playbooks in franchise mode with fantasy draft on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Change your playbook in your profile.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I constantly run a 4 WR set and run maybe 30% of the time. Henderson or PEterson are covered by LBs half the time so they're the targets. The first game I played with this setup Peterson had 117 YAC.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so cheesy IMO. I mean against a human opponent who can adapt it's not, but playing that style against the computer is basically just abusing the AI.

I try to play a more simmed style with 50%+ runs. I used to do what you do and just line up 4 wide and abuse the fact that the computer will come out in 4-3 every snap, but after a while that just isn't fun anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol like the ai isn't cheesy.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my buddy keeps on running all me with vick... or the runs around til someone is open...

what's a good strategy to stop VICK!?

[/ QUOTE ]

757-622-PETA (7382)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, Madden is due for a serious AI boost (havn't played 08). You have to train yourself to not take advantage of AI flaws.

Cody