Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

I got to halfway thru 7th paragraph. I haven't read the thread yet, but there is a big misunderstanding about what these guys are doing

They are presenting routines, gimmics, hook one lines and moutains of social theory.... Thru these things you as the future-pua are supposed to practice and get out there and gain experience. After a while you realize the routines and games were just training wheels, and the point of it all was so you could find out better how women (and men) work in a compressed time frame. So what happens when you are no longer having grls guess a number between 1 and 4? Youre talking about whatever you want and they still love it. Enter: inner game
Old 08-09-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
n 12 months in and around a college campus you've met 6. In 365 days. Six. Are you leveling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been out of school since 2004. The last year has been mostly taken up by poverty, degradation and mental illness. So yeah, kinda dry.

[ QUOTE ]
Anacardo problem, not anyone else's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're in full agreement here.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me wrong, some women are boring, but far less than 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. I think 'damn, I'd like to get with her' about a given shortie not so often. I'm sure that could be for any number of reasons that ultimately end in me being a pussy-ass bitch or whatever; I happen to think it's because I have a (focused, prejudiced, narrow, blah blah blah) good idea of what I want.

[ QUOTE ]
And according to some of the replies to your OP, you're in fact, not a fantastic conversationalist, and come across as more than a bit odd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see why you or I should be influenced the many-times repeated opinions of one guy who's never met me, yet has made it his personal mission to prove to the world that I'm John Wayne Gacy or something. Start another thread about me, Didsy Poo!
Old 08-09-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude I have sick convo skills, you have no idea. All I need is a primer. Give me one excuse to like you, lady, anything. Catch my eye and make yourself seem worth talking to for the love. Of. God.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cardo, we are the same in this case. This is the reason I use the internet to screen girls.

I meet some at bars or through friends, but most of them are bleh.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:57 AM

Fair enough, but if about 10 people on this thread have said you're making no [censored] sense when you had time to write the OP down and we have the advantage to read it in black and white, it's not a leap to assume you similarly struggle live and in person. Maybe you don't but that's the way to bet.
Anyway, just focus on my last post and think about it for a while before responding.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that could be for any number of reasons that ultimately end in me being a pussy-ass bitch or whatever; I happen to think it's because I have a (focused, prejudiced, narrow, blah blah blah) good idea of what I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it that you want, and how do you know that that and only that is what you want? Unless you only want super models who also happen to be nuclear scientists, I'm struggling to see how you can only have met 6 total women in a year who have at all piqued your interests.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me wrong, some women are boring, but far less than 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. I think 'damn, I'd like to get with her' about a given shortie not so often. I'm sure that could be for any number of reasons that ultimately end in me being a pussy-ass bitch or whatever; I happen to think it's because I have a (focused, prejudiced, narrow, blah blah blah) good idea of what I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your comment that "most women are a bore" sounds like an excuse, particularly when you cannot even bring yourself to start a conversation (even with your "you rule" personality and awesome conversational skills)...plus look at your sample size.

Something doesn't add up.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:42 AM

Oh my god.

I have the exact same perspective as Anacardo.

Big thanks to all the info in this thread. Seriously, every book that's been mentioned in this thread is on its way to my house.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:07 AM

Three questions.

[ QUOTE ]
Since I really have only my own perspective

[/ QUOTE ]

1. How much actual source material have you read on this? A lot of responses so far are along the lines of "that's how everyone perceives PUA to be, but, that's not actually how it is"...(I would sort of argue that the perception is as or more important, sometimes, but that's a tangent.)

You seem like someone who can read critically & analytically, so, probably you'd figure this out better if you could quote chapter & verse just like the PUA apologists.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do I react with strong instinctive revulsion to the PUA position [?]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
spite, jealousy, the desire to somehow justify a 'failed' strategy, and a generalized inferiority complex [?]

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Is it because you feel like it's "cheating"?

Doesn't seem like it's jealousy, because I think your attitude is something like "any woman who would be won [only?] by PUA techniques, I wouldn't want, anyway"

Is it like, you and another guy applying for a job, and your resume is honest and accurate, and his is full of made-up stuff, and he gets the job? And even though you're like, "I wouldn't want to work at a place that would be fooled and hire a guy like that", you're still pissed about it?

Because you believe you have merit, and you believe in a meritocracy. And the world doesn't always (ever?) seem to conform to this.

[ QUOTE ]
Can the 'losing' strategy ever still be 'right?'

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The notion that something can still be 'right' even if it doesn't work, and 'wrong' even if it does,

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Do you mean "right" as in, "morally correct", or do you mean something else?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:26 AM

I believe the whole PUA movement should be regarded as the male equivalent of the emancipation movement.

Emancipation as such is a good thing, it promotes equal pay, equal rights and so on. That society has changed due to the emancipation movement is without a doubt true, and in much cases for the better. Having said that, I have second thoughts about trying to change ingrained human behaviour, developed through natural selection throughout history. But that is another discusion, and if anything, one can not possibly state that emancipation beliefs are morally wrong.

Enter misogynist kids that use tricks that stem from the PUA community to deceive, trick and lie to have their way.
I see a lot of links with hardcore feminism here.
When you read some of the material these feminists read, one can not help but to conclude that they hate men.
Instead of constructive viewpoints, it is a lot of negativity and hatred. I believe both men and women belonging to mentioned groups have basic issues with life.
And one might go out on a limb and proclaim that some, if not a lot, of the viewpoints of both these men and these women are morally questionable to say the least.

Än honest question to the OP...How do you think about women's magazines like Cosmo that have articles each month on "how to get him to commit" and the likes?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:46 AM

IMHO, 90% of the attractive girls in America are unbearably stupid and their lives are governed by the stuff they watch on television and read in magazines. On the other hand, 99% of men are also retarded.