Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: DERB

[ QUOTE ]
Show me the data to support this statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think I am going to dig through my database to prove this to you? Surely, I have better things to do than that. How about this: I have played 5 figures worth of hands with him and called him down in innumerable bluffing situations and picked him off with as little as ace high, but he still tries them against me. This is the evidence I offer you, Detective Fat Tony, take it or leave it.
-James
Old 05-06-2005, 01:53 AM

He doesn't need to show me the data - if his experience is good enough for him, that's fine. However, with all due respect, I remain unconvinced unless I can see the data for myself. Otherwise, it might be fair for others to label me a dolt.

I'm interesting in exploring the issue, but this can only be done when we use the data to seperate the facts from the opinions.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:06 AM

You have better things to do with your time - I can respect that. However, if I (or anyone else) are going to draw valid conclusions from what you (or anyone else) say in this chain, then what you offer is not enough. No disrespect intended.

I think one of two things are going on: either a person can win with 30% VPIP, or there's something fishy going on. (The statistics say that this is probably more than just luck.) Either way, I want to know the facts.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
either a person can win with 30% VPIP

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone in this thread is arguing that it is impossible to win with a 30% VPIP. In fact, I think almost any of the well respected posters in this forum would still be winners if they were forced to get their vpip up to 30%.

This would make a GREAT proposition bet btw [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This would make a GREAT proposition bet btw [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a great prop bet about VPIP would be to see who could have the highest VPIP and win the most in whatever limit over whatever ammount.

Anyways, I find this entire thread hilarious. Keep it up well respected mid-high posters! I'm having a blast watching you all get your panties in a bunch.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a great prop bet about VPIP would be to see who could have the highest VPIP and win the most in whatever limit over whatever ammount.

Anyways, I find this entire thread hilarious. Keep it up well respected mid-high posters! I'm having a blast watching you all get your panties in a bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, heaven forbid anyone spend time on this forum discussing something poker related instead of posting PWNED! pictures and offering thousands of replies over which unattainable celebrity we'd prefer to bang.
-James
Old 05-06-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, heaven forbid anyone spend time on this forum discussing something poker related instead of posting PWNED! pictures and offering thousands of replies over which unattainable celebrity we'd prefer to bang.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-06-2005, 02:50 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT Rooolz!

Actually my minor contribution...I'm a 2bb/100 winner with a 26ish vpip. I've got a pretty large sample size (much more since my post in General on the matter). I deviate from the 22er strategy about 10% of the time, sometime to satiate the gambler in me sometimes because I think my reads are better then others. Just food for thought.

(or i totally suck and am running well)
Old 05-06-2005, 02:51 AM

You're having a great run of comedy. I'm awarding you OTTer of the week.

But the last thing we need is the pwned brats harrassing real poker players.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're having a great run of comedy. I'm awarding you OTTer of the week.

But the last thing we need is the pwned brats harrassing real poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont care, im still laughing funniest one yet.

-Barron