Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

[ QUOTE ]
Cuneo,

If he broke the store's window and threatened them with a knife if they didn't give him a full refund, how would you rate that play? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

every thread i post in, you post this in. how are you a mod?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
every thread everyone posts in, Tuq posts in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2007, 07:06 PM

Cuneo,

I was joking mang. Hey at least I didn't link it this time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe this isn't getting more love.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:32 PM

Aisle,

I think this situation tilted you slightly, and now it has gone overboard. I'd recommend you just stop posting and let this thread die. It's pretty obvious that you won't convince anyone you're right, and nobody will convince you that you're wrong.

You have quite a few posts on here, and I have never heard of you. That tells me that you are a poster who doesn't stand out for being a great poster, or for being a douche. You seem like a decent guy, so as a piece of friendly advice just let this thread die.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have quite a few posts on here, and I have never heard of you. That tells me that you are a poster who doesn't stand out for being a great poster, or for being a douche. You seem like a decent guy, so as a piece of friendly advice just let this thread die.

[/ QUOTE ]
The real problem is that he's a strat poster, and strat posters suck at logic.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM

How can a thread this stupid be so long?

Aislephive, there are many smart people on the forums. The fact that the vast majority of them think you are clearly wrong. This alone should convince you that you're arguement is very very weak. Also, why do you think every game store buy back games at the same or similar price? It isn't a coincidence.

Bottom line: don't direct your anger on someone or something else due to your own ignorance and stupity.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It does cost them something every time someone walks in, whether you see it or not. For example, instead of dealing with you the cashier or whoever could be stocking shelves, helping other customers, etc. This is a cost to them, maybe not directly in $ but opportunity cost if nothing else.

Someone who walks in and just wanders the store, they still pay, they have machines/cameras set up to make sure people don't steal games. Also, as above, a worker may watch them walk around for a bit then approach them for help, costing them opportunity to do other things around the store.

[/ QUOTE ]

People go in game stores and browse all the time never intending on buying a game, same with any store. It's not my responsibility to maximize their potential profit, either. I still don't get what your point is though, even if what you said was true it would probably cost them fractions of a penny. Besides, the majority of the time I just see them standing around conversing with each other. The more likely scenario is me interfering with their latest Halo vs Gears Of War debate.

[ QUOTE ]
Aisle,

I think this situation tilted you slightly, and now it has gone overboard. I'd recommend you just stop posting and let this thread die. It's pretty obvious that you won't convince anyone you're right, and nobody will convince you that you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't often post in OOT. Most of my posts are in MSNL or other poker related forums. I'm the type of person who likes to debate various issues, and I probably think I'm right more often than I am, but so be it. If people want to continue to debate this, then I'm more than willing. It seems like the argument is getting a little tiresome as people are bringing up the same points over and over again which I've already addressed. I'm aware of how the internet works, once a few people say I'm wrong or that I'm an idiot more and more people are going to pile on with their worthless opinions and I could say the sun is orange and people would disagree and call it yellow.

[ QUOTE ]

The real problem is that he's a strat poster, and strat posters suck at logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from somebody who I haven't seen make a logical post yet, this is pretty hilarious. Poker strategy deals a ton with logic, but you were probably just speaking out your ass since you likely don't even play poker.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm the type of person who likes to debate various issues, and I probably think I'm right more often than I am, but so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You belong in the politics forum my friend. Those cats will argue anything for 300+ posts.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can a thread this stupid be so long?

Aislephive, there are many smart people on the forums. The fact that the vast majority of them think you are clearly wrong. This alone should convince you that you're arguement is very very weak. Also, why do you think every game store buy back games at the same or similar price? It isn't a coincidence.

Bottom line: don't direct your anger on someone or something else due to your own ignorance and stupity.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly am I wrong about? This is what I want to know. I never said it wasn't my fault that I got in this predicament, and I never said it is their responsibility to make me a fair offer. Tell me where I'm "wrong," someody. Like I said, I hardly even know what it is I'm arguing over anymore.