Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: ***Official Super Bowl Thread: Bears v. Colts***

you trying to see if that #3 goes by unnoticed?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bears best defense will be their Run offense against a terrible Colt defense. If the Bears rush for 175 yards between Benson and Jones Bears win. Nobody is talking about the Bears O vs the Colts. The Bears scored as many points as the Colts. If the Bears also control field postion vs the Colts in their superior special teams the game is in the Bears hands. This is a great matchup for the Bears who actually should be the favored team. Bears 30 Colts 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bears come from a weaker conference in the NFC, and play in that conference's weakest division, at least in my opinion. Getting to play against MN, GB, and Detroit for 6 of your 16 games certainly doesn't hurt the way your stats look.

The Colts have come through three straight weeks of everyone saying "this is where they get destroyed". They shut down Larry Johnson. They survived the vaunted Ravens D and the veteran leadership of McNair and jailbird Jamal. They beat the NFL's "Golden Boy" Tom Brady and everybody's favorite Mad Genius, Bill Belichick. Ravens had 83 total rushing yards, the Chiefs got 123 TOTAL yards. They've given up 48 points...34 of which were against New England. Nobody's going to compare Rex to Tom Brady anytime soon, though.

And all this means the BEARS are favored? The Bears are damn good, but you might be a little confused. Devin Hester will almost have to return at least one kick for a score, because if the Bears are playing from behind, that means Rex is going to have to win it. You OK with that?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:24 PM

edge,

LOL @ at NFC northing being the worst division in NFC. It was the NFC west easy.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edge,

LOL @ at NFC northing being the worst division in NFC. It was the NFC west easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but his point is still valid. The bears played some awful teams in the beginning of the year and hung a massive point score on them. That's swell but isn't really indicitive of how you'll play against good teams.

CHI's O isn't likely (probability, we all know what that is right, this is a poker forum) to win the game, the Colts' O is. The bears D on the other hand, puts up points with some frequency.
You'd be a fool to expect this game to come down to anything other then Colts' O v. Bears D. The CHI O could certiainly hang up 35 on the Colts, but we all know that would be an anomoly.

Cody
Old 02-01-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The Bears come from a weaker conference in the NFC,

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bears must suck because the NFC sucks. This is not the entire NFC vs the entire AFC. Dont penalize them for having a [censored] schedule. I guess we should just thow the first 16 games out the window for the Colts because the Run Defense is now playing great. That is so flawed, KC got behind early and had to give up the run. Jamal Lewis sucks, and who the hell knows why the Pats gave up the run. They ran the ball well early on. The only thing that kills the Bears if they get down big early and have to abandon the run. I think you Colt fans like Saints fans were earlier are in for a rude awakening.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
edge,

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but his point is still valid. The bears played some awful teams in the beginning of the year and hung a massive point score on them. That's swell but isn't really indicitive of how you'll play against good teams.

CHI's O isn't likely (probability, we all know what that is right, this is a poker forum) to win the game, the Colts' O is. The bears D on the other hand, puts up points with some frequency.
You'd be a fool to expect this game to come down to anything other then Colts' O v. Bears D. The CHI O could certiainly hang up 35 on the Colts, but we all know that would be an anomoly.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Including the playoffs, the Bears and Colts have both played 7 top ten defenses.
The Bears averaged 20.14 PPG.
The Colts averaged 20.7 PPG.

Edited to add one more stat:
The Bears have played 7 teams ranked 21st or worse in defense (the Colts are 28th) scoring 30.14 PPG.

Defensive Rankings
Old 02-01-2007, 05:10 PM

Teams play different against the Colts then they do other teams. They tend to eat up a ton of clock. I believe the Colts had the least number of possessions in the NFL atleast offensively, yet lead in offensive efficiency per possession. I don't think anyone is going to argue tha thte Colts O is better then the Bears O. The Bears and Colts scored the same number of points but I believe had 10 less offensive TDs. Bears PR units and D definitely scored some points.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edge,

[/ QUOTE ]

For what its worth, beyond win totals, etc., I'd gladly take the Rams, Seahawks, and Niners against the Vikes, Pack, and Lions any day. Yeah, I said the Niners.

I love watching the Vikings almost as much as my Colts, but its not like the NFC west completely sucks. Arizona is the only truly AWFUL team there.

Its not quite as obvious as you'd think. And I did say it was my own opinion.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The Bears come from a weaker conference in the NFC,

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bears must suck because the NFC sucks. This is not the entire NFC vs the entire AFC. Dont penalize them for having a [censored] schedule. I guess we should just thow the first 16 games out the window for the Colts because the Run Defense is now playing great. That is so flawed, KC got behind early and had to give up the run. Jamal Lewis sucks, and who the hell knows why the Pats gave up the run. They ran the ball well early on. The only thing that kills the Bears if they get down big early and have to abandon the run. I think you Colt fans like Saints fans were earlier are in for a rude awakening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me where in my earlier post I said the Bears suck? Reading Comprehension FTW. Nice try.

I'll spell it out one more time in case I need to go a little slower....

The...Bears...stats...look...better...playing...we ak...teams.

Nobody said anything about throwing 16 games out the window...and if you want to talk about it, the Colts DID go 9-0 to start the season...again.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:17 PM

Edge,

Whats your opinion of the AFC South? It was a pretty sub-par divison, and it kills me to say that.